“An Experience to definitely try” 4 of 5 bubbles

and up
Whistler Mountains and Adventures Tour Including Admission to Scandinave Spa
Ranked #1 of 19 Spas & Wellness in Whistler
More attraction details
Owner description: This spectacular 20 000 sq ft outdoor spa nestled on 3 acres of land and overlooking Whistler’s incredible landscape offers the Scandinavian baths experience, also known as hydrotherapy. Renowned for their energizing and relaxing properties, the baths cleanse the skin, improve physical conditioning and promote a sense of well-being. For the ultimate relaxation the Scandinave Spa offers Swedish, Sports, Deep tissue, Thai Yoga and Hot stone massage in its 14 room massage pavilion.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Vancouver
“An Experience to definitely try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

We went to Whistler for the Canada celebration and our anniversary. While standing in line for the olympic athlete signitures (an hour long line-up) we got to talking with a lady infront of us who was actually an rmt at the scandinave spa. We were already planning a massage while on our little get away but had not decided on a place. Me being a regular with massages wanted to try something different and my husband having never had one was a little scepticle and thought it was a little pricey. But ultimatley we booked and went and were not dissappointed at all. I've had better massages but the hot-cold-relax was all worth while. My husband really enjoyed his deep tissue sport massage and the hot-cold-relax sequence we ended up being there for 4 hours when we were only planning 2. Definitely go with plenty of time to spare to fully take in the benefits of relaxing. The reviews about coffee and tea...this is to cleanse your system hence the water fountains in each of the hot stations. Do some stretches while relaxing instead of holding a cup of coffee or tea...something you don't already do 20 times a day. Thank you to the lady who mentioned this place to us as it was an experience worth trying. Will be going back with more friends and family next time.

• Korean first
Pemberton
“My aching muscles thank you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2010

Being a Whistler local I had been excited about visiting the new Scandinave Spa since it’s opening during the Olympics.... I was thrilled to finally take an afternoon and give my body some much needed R&R. I had spent the whole day in the bike park and was stoked to know that after beating my body up all day, I still had plenty of time to reap the full benefits of the spa. Not only was I pleasantly surprised to find such amazing staff, but I could not believe the amazing views on site. After a long day of riding, the steam bath was just what the doctor ordered; I did a few rounds of the recommended hot, cold, relax and was amazed at how relaxed my muscles actually felt. The following day I didn't even get any of that lingering muscle soreness that usually accompanies the first day in the bike park. Me and my aching muscles thank you!

New Brunswick, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great way to spend an afternoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

Took a day trip from Vancouver to Whistler, when we arrived it was rainy and cloudy - so we decided to change our plans of taking the gondola to spending the afternoon at the Scandinave Spa. The facilities were immaculate and was 4 hours of pure relaxation with a great view of the mountains. At $55 per person it is not cheap but we were not disappointed. The only knock was the parking is a bit of a distance to the entrance.

“WOW... That was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2010

I have been to Whistler many times before, I was amazed to hear that there was something different to do outside the village. I must admit my friend and I were a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews on this site. I would like to clarify... the site is beautiful:) It is so clean and the atmosphere is amazing right from the moment you have parked your car...ok... so the road there is a bit rough but nothing crazy its 1km from the hwy... geesh its not as though its 4X4 access ... at least its being maintained you can avoid the pot holes if you drive slow.
The staff is super friendly and genuine... they give you a run down of the spa and make you feel very welcomed...& you get an apple too!!! kudos to them :)
We did have massages (a couples massage actually) and it was awesome I felt like mellow jello!
I did bring by towels up from the change room, I do think a bin down there would be a nice touch...again no big deal to walk them up the stairs
If you are wondering if you should visit ... you should....

P.S - To the writer that apparently hated this place but seems to know exactly how long the sauna window had been broken for .....you will be pleased to know ITS FIXED :) and its not a Japanese spa, nor is it the Four seasons,,,, if you want the four seasons you can go and pay for it....if you want coffee there are about 25 places in town... how much coffee do you need???

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome way to spend an afternoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2010

We spent the day today at Spa Scandinave. We didn't get a massage, just did the baths, but I feel just as relaxed as if I had.
I truly don't understand the negative reviews. Of course it is out of the village (5 minute drive). If it was in the village it would be noisy and cramped. There is NO space near the village with this amount of space and views...
The staff were great, the pools were warm enough even for my wife, who gets cold in the shade in July!!
We would agree that tea in the relaxation rooms would be nice, but it's not a Starbucks, you go to the spa for relaxation, not coffee!
The walk through the woods from the parking (maybe 50") is very nice; it's nature, why must we pave everything. If anything, icy pavement is more slippery than a gravel path..

Beautiful setting