“5 Star Baths, Dont bother with the bistro”

Scandinave Spa Whistler
Book In Advance
More Info
$168.50*
and up
Whistler Mountains and Adventures Tour Including Admission to Scandinave Spa
Ranked #1 of 19 Spas & Wellness in Whistler
More attraction details
Owner description: This spectacular 20 000 sq ft outdoor spa nestled on 3 acres of land and overlooking Whistler’s incredible landscape offers the Scandinavian baths experience, also known as hydrotherapy. Renowned for their energizing and relaxing properties, the baths cleanse the skin, improve physical conditioning and promote a sense of well-being. For the ultimate relaxation the Scandinave Spa offers Swedish, Sports, Deep tissue, Thai Yoga and Hot stone massage in its 14 room massage pavilion.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Vancouver, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“5 Star Baths, Dont bother with the bistro”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The baths at the Scandinave Spa are relaxing and rejuvenating. The grounds are beautiful with a backdrop of the snow peaked mountains. It really is a special place and I will definitely be returning to the baths. The hot pool on the upper deck and the eucalyptus steam room were my stand-out favorites. There was not any staff enforcing the silence rule when I was there. It would have been nice, as there were full blown conversations taking place at times and it really took away from the serenity of the surroundings. Overall I give the baths 5 stars. My experience here could have been perfect if I had forgone a visit to the bistro. Unfortunately my tummy had other ideas.

At the bistro, we waited ten minutes before somebody came out of the kitchen to serve us. After I told the server that I am a vegetarian she suggested a tofu wrap. I paid $10 with my gift card which took another ten minutes to process. When I finally sat down to eat my wrap I realized that I received a chicken wrap. Our server was kind of apologetic, but not in the way that you would be after serving a vegetarian meat.. After refunding my gift card for I kid you not, another 10 minutes she offered the wrap to my boyfriend. He didn't want it either, and he eats meat! In fact, he usually eats anything, but this was a sad looking, soggy old wrap. I was really hungry and wanted to get something else to eat but all they had were packaged cookies and chocolate bars, nothing substantial. So after wasting 30 hungry minutes of my time, I was still hungry and empty-handed. Bistro 0 stars.

While the bistro is extremely disappointing, the baths are beautiful and worth checking out.

Tips:
-Buy a $100 gift card to the Scandinave Spa at Costco for $80
-Bring flip flops as they are not provided
-Bring a snack and forgo the bistro

Visited January 2014
3 Thank ihearttravelling1982
ScandinaveSupervisor, Guest Services Supervisor at Scandinave Spa Whistler, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Hello ihearttravelling1982,
Thank you for visiting the Scandinave Spa Whistler and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is delightful to read how much you enjoyed the bath experience and the beautiful views surrounding the spa. The silence policy on site is very strict and we do have employees on site reminding unruly guests to stay silent, as they do disrupt the tranquility of others. It is sometime difficult to locate the chatty guests as they usually stay quiet when they see one of our employee approaching.
On the other end, it is so disappointing to read how our Bistro was not up to your expectations. I would like to specify that we do not cook or prepare anything here at the spa and we do not have a kitchen facility. Ciao thymes in Whistler is our caterer and offers us a selection of sandwiches, wraps and salads. Our reception staff are the ones assisting guests with bistro purchases and there can be a little wait if they are assisting guests at the front desk. The fact you were accidently served meat after having asked for a vegetarian wrap is unacceptable and I am available to further discussed this matter with you via email or in person. Please contact me personally at marie-clauder@scandinave.com.
Once again, thank you for bringing this up to our attention and I am looking forward to hear back from you.
Kind Regards,

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Quality R&R”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We heard about the Scandinave Spa in Whistler and opted to test it out when we purchased a combo activity pass.

We LOVED the spa. The entire spa is outdoors, taking advantage of the incredible views. It is complete silence in the spa except for the spa music they have playing in the background. and the slight hum of the highway, although after a while you really don't hear it.

The premise of the spa is to heat your body, cool it down, and then relax. There is a steam room, a sauna, and 2 hottubs for heating your body. Then you do a cold plunge into one of the 2 cold pools, or use the cold shower. and then Relax allowing your heart rate to slow and return to normal.
The first time into the cold pool is a little intense, but after that it gets easier and even becomes enjoyable. for relaxing there are 2 solariums and a firepit with chairs and other hammocks and chairs around the spa. When we were at the spa the weather was nice. cool, but not snowing or raining, but not really warm. It was really quite perfect.

Although the spa was amazing on it's own, it was really nice to disconnect from everything and have some downtime. (apart from the whispered "I'm getting out of here" in the sauna/steam room/hot tub)
My husband and I both loved the spa and would definitely return and would highly recommend this to our friends and family.

Seattle
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good for a gift certificate, the total silence is excessive”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Hot tubs, cold tubs, eucalyptus steam room, wood sauna. In a town where almost all accommodation has a hot tub, I didn't feel that the novelty of the place warranted the price. I'd say it was a good experience, not great. My partner wasn't enticed to try out the cold pools.

Given the solemnity of the surroundings, (the lack of alcohol, cell phones, etc) I'd guess that most people wouldn't be making a ruckus here anyway. It's a beautiful location, as it's north of the village by a drive, but there is the slight hum of the highway nearby. Of the family, friends who have tried this place out, (as with the Tremblant location) there is always the comment "you have to be absolutely silent". Ok...

Tip: Go here on a cold, wintery, snowy day to enjoy the extremes of the temperatures. We went here on a slightly raining day and you can't really enjoy the outdoor seating, hammocks or outdoor fireplace in the rain. Also, I did appreciate the toiletries (shampoo/conditioner), hairdryer in the change room, but didn't know about it, otherwise would have brought a hairbrush, etc. Plan to spend 2-3 hours and feel free to bring a book for the solariums. Also - go on a week day.

Jersey, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Superb après ski treat”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

The bath spa experience. After 12 days skiing we headed for this retreat. No talking no alcohol no wifi no devices. As long as you want to follow a cycle of hot, cold, relax in a variety of ways. Steam bath, sauna, hot salt water pools and waterfalls. Cold plunge pools and waterfalls and Nordic showers. Solarium and outdoor fire seating areas. Completely relaxing and fabulous. Worth doing and will revisit.

Victoria, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a day”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

There is no better way to spend a day in Whistler when you need a break from skiing. We started our visit with a Swedish Massage - it was pricey but good. The next two hours were spent moving between hot pools, cold pools, the steam room, sitting by the outdoor fireplace and relaxing in the solarium. The views from all areas of the spa are amazing. The snow all around makes it truly picturesque.