“Complete renewal”

and up
Whistler Mountains and Adventures Tour Including Admission to Scandinave Spa
Ranked #1 of 19 Spas & Wellness in Whistler
More attraction details
Owner description: This spectacular 20 000 sq ft outdoor spa nestled on 3 acres of land and overlooking Whistler’s incredible landscape offers the Scandinavian baths experience, also known as hydrotherapy. Renowned for their energizing and relaxing properties, the baths cleanse the skin, improve physical conditioning and promote a sense of well-being. For the ultimate relaxation the Scandinave Spa offers Swedish, Sports, Deep tissue, Thai Yoga and Hot stone massage in its 14 room massage pavilion.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Sydney, Australia
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Complete renewal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Walked in with aches and pains...walked out de-stressed, completely relaxed and even feeling lighter and younger....

A must visit the different temperature pools are great clean and easy to get in and out of. The massages are a must have...ask for a therapist with extra qualifications for medical insurance even if you can't claim. I had a Lisa and she was the best masseuse I've ever had...very professional and left my very sore neck healed... Within 2 days I was back to better than normal.

Definitely worth a visit , a little pricey but well worth the spend.
TIP Take shampoo and toiletries with you

1 Thank MelNak

• Korean first
Ontario, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Simply outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

What can be said other than outstanding?

Plan on spending at least half a day in this peaceful and tranquil mountain retreat.

Deep tissue massage was excellent and package pricing is very fair.

Vancouver
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Relaxing day at the spa!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

This spa was the perfect way to finish off a weekend in Whistler. It was extremely beautiful and relaxing. Fannie, my massage therapist, was absolutely perfect as was the hydrotherapy treatment with the baths. The only few things I would have changed would be to add a tea and water station to the bath area (I was thirsty and didn't love the idea of there only being two water fountains) as well as the option to get a snack and come back in (no in and out privileges despite there being a small cafeteria onsite). I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting the area.

Vancouver, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very Excited for my Visit, and Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I decided to visit the Scandinave Spa while on a girl's weekend in Whistler. I booked my massage appointment in advance without knowing much about the spa philosophy. I didn't realize that there was zero tolerance for speaking (even in very hushed tones). While visiting the spa, my friend and I were approached by an extremely condescending staff member that asked us not to speak; embarrassed, we did not speak again until we went into an empty room where we spoke on and off in nearly inaudible whispers - and only if there were no other guests around. Unfortunately, we'd been targeted at this point. The same staff member that first spoke to us returned to the room several times to confirm we were not speaking. On one of his visits to the room he entered and said that even though he could not hear us, he could see that we were speaking and was concerned that if another guest saw this it could effect their experience negatively. He then proceeded to let us know we were welcome to sit in the lobby (aka. to leave the spa). My friend and I left the spa, and headed back to our resort in Whistler Village - I spoke of my experience and several other guests admitted to having a similar experience and said they too planned to never return.

I understand (now) that silence is mandatory at this location; however, when I booked this was not made clear to me, nor was 'complete silence' made clear when I checked in. It was merely suggested that silence is important for relaxation... I think it should be made abundantly clear when booking that silence is mandatory and that even whispering strictly forbidden - if I had known this before booking I would have saved myself the embarrassment and would have opted for my regular spot, the Vida Spa at the Fairmont Whistler.

Having said all of this, although I had an awful experience at this spa, the amenities are exquisite. The staff leaves something to be desired; however, the Massage Therapist I booked with was very friendly - and ironically, talked throughout my entire massage (but was still very good and nice to speak to). If you do decide to visit this spa, I would recommend visiting alone.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Sarah M
ScandinaveSupervisor, General Manager at Scandinave Spa Whistler, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
It is unfortunate to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at the Scandinave Spa. We do everything within our power to make sure our guests get the most out of their experience. The silence policy is part of our philosophy and we believe when people who visit the spa are in a relaxing and silent atmosphere you tend to get the most out of the experience. The role of the outdoor spa attendant is to make sure everything is running smoothly on site which includes maintaining the silence for everyone’s benefit. We realize that maintaining silence for the entirety of someone’s visit is not always possible and all of outdoor attendants are well experienced in making a judgment call as to whether they think a group maybe talking or whispering too loud and engaging in long conversations that could affect another customers experience. The definition of a “whispering tone” can vary between each person or group so it is up to the attendant to remind and explain to the guests of the silence policy in a friendly and calm manner. Within the solariums it can seen quite clearly from outside and if a guest can see people talking and interacting in a conversation they are reluctant to enter and totally relax in a silent atmosphere. It is unfortunate that you will not be returning to us however now you are clear on the silence policy you may discover the full benefits of our spa if you decide to return. Thank you for your feedback.

Relaxing Regards,
Doug DeYagher
GENERAL MANAGER
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mountain Oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Spent the day here, having a Swedish massage with RMT Colleen (great!), and relaxing in the pools and steam and taking time to read...what a great! The place is beautifully landscaped...nourishing on all levels. Not crowded, very clean.
Lunch selections are limited...need some inspiration here.