Savage Beagle
More attraction details
Owner description: Savage Beagle Bar is located in the heart of Whistler Village. It’s Whistler’s only nightclub that is on 2 levels, enjoy the martini lounge upstairs or dance downstairs.With the progressive and modern interior, superior sound system, and unwavering commitment to the love of music, Savage Beagle Bar adds an inimitable dimension to Whistler’s nightlife. Savage Beagle Bar has been a landmark for Whistler nightlife and has been a dance club as far back as the late 80’s. In 2011 it was closed down and has since reopened under new ownership and new management November 2012 after a major renovation. Come see the Whistler’s completely revamped hot spot. With a full featured exotic martini bar, 4 Private VIP tables, and the newest House, Hip-Hop, Top 40 to party with all night long.
Reviewed February 25, 2009

I was visiting from Florida for NYE, and a friend of ours arranged tickets for me and my friends ($100) plus a VIP table ($400). So we arrive, and go to the VIP table. Which was a rickety, busted two-top table with ripped chairs and some vodka in a bucket, which was supposed to somehow be VIP. I've NEVER seen anything as ghetto in my life. So I go to use the ladies restroom, and EVERY SINGLE TOILET was overflowing, and there was actually feces floating in them. Revolting.
The bathroom reaked of urine. Only one stall had toilet paper. It was filthy. I alerted one of the cocktail waitresses, and she kind of shrugged her shoulders. We pressed her, and said we'd like to see that fixed. THEN the toilets really started overflowing, and now we had urine actually flowing down the hallway on the floor next to our VIP table. They got some buckets and mops and started cleaning it up, but the smell was revolting. So we moved away from our VIP table and went to the bar/dance floor, and tried to have a good time. I tried ordering some beers and they only had one or two choices available because they didn't even stock up for the night. For New Years. Are you kidding me? I've worked in the hospitality industry for years, and I've never seen such poor form in my lifetime.

So yep, we tolerated it until raw sewage spilled out onto the dance floor about 20 minutes later. If you have any doubts about this, I documented all of this with photos. At this point, it wasn't possible for us to stay there anymore because it was so unsanitary and dangerous. Who wants Hep C on New Years Eve? We talked ot the manager, she promised us a full refund, and we went home to ring in the new years. The sad thing is that while sewage was spilling onto the floor downstairs, the city did not shut them down, and the Savage Beagle continued to charge people admission into that cesspool. They also didn't choose to disclose to anyone that they had this huge healthcode violation going on downstairs.

Now the manager is now refusing to give us our money back after that horrible experience. I think a call to the health department needs to happen for the safety of patrons.

Really, worst experience at any nightclub or bar EVER in my life. Horrible.

7  Thank uberpiber

Reviewed January 1, 2008

If you want to wait in the snow in a long line whilst people pay the doormen to get in then this is the place for you.

We were at savage beagle for a saturday night a couple of weeks ago and we saw 4 fights in the space of an hour or so. The door staff don't really seam to be interested until a fight kicks off.

I suggest there are many more places in whistler where people are up for just having a good time, rather than have attitude towards others.

4  Thank adamch