“Nice hotel, good value”
Review of Le Chamois

Le Chamois
Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed April 4, 2011

The location, at the Blackcomb base, can't be beat. It was really nice to have the free, locked ski storage right out front, just about 25 yards from the chairlift. We've stayed in Whistler Village many times but most properties there aren't as close to the slopes, so this was a treat. This was also quieter than many Whistler Village properties, though you could hear a bit of music from the restaurants and bars in the area. The front desk staff were great. The room (an executive studio with jacuzzi) was very large and nice though certainly not luxurious--the shower tile could use replacing, for instance. There was a microwave and free coffee/filters in my room, but no coffeepot. The jacuzzi in the living room was really deep! The bed was good. Even though it was pay parking ($15), you paid for a whole 24 hour period, rather than by the day, so I was able to keep my car in the secure garage after checkout on Sunday (I didn't have to get the car out until 6). This also meant I could grab clean clothes from my luggage in the car, then come back up to the lobby restrooms and change before the drive home. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed March 5, 2011

I carefully combed many reviews for Whistler accommodations for a snowboarding trip planned for my husband and myself. We couldn't have done any better than Le Chamois! Our price-range was mid-level. We knew we were priced out of Pan Pacific or the Fairmont, but were looking for something nice, cozy, and comfortable. We weren't planning on traveling through three time zones to stay at a Motel 8! We stayed in an executive studio - spacious, huge bathroom with tiled shower, Aveda products, and cozy bed linens. We loved the suite and shopped in Squamish for provisions on our way to Vancouver. Stored our snowboards downstairs at Spicy Sports - very convinient. Loved the sushi restaurant but wished we had sprung for La Rue.
Highly recommended ... and I consider myself picky. Location and cleanliness are key!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2011

We stayed at Le Chamois for 6 nights with our one year old and throughly enjoyed it. The location was superb for ski in and out at Blackcomb. We stayed on the 2nd floor and had a view over the mountain. The studio was very roomy and clean. We loved having the jacuzzi in the living room. My only complaint was our room was located right across from the hot tub and people did bang the door closed. The hot tub was fantastic and does close at 10pm.
The only thing missing from this studio is a stove top and oven. It does have a kitchenette but not fully equip for cooking, it only has a microwave.
Spicy ski rentals underneath the hotel are very reasonably priced for ski equipment and they can also store your boards and ski's.
It is only a 10 minute walk to Whistler village. There aren't alot of restaurants near by, you really need to walk to the village. If your passing through Vancouver Whistler ski passes are $79.95 plus taxes from 7n11 compared to $105.00 in Whistler.
I would stay here again as the location is perfect.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank wedgie78
Reviewed January 10, 2010

A family of 4 we celebrated our new year at Le Chamois and had a great time! We stayed in room 211 which is a 1 bedroom 2 bath with murphy bed, sofa, and kitchenette. Room layout was perfect for us but mattress and sheets were old...needs updating. I would recommend staying here due to its location and value. We had a memorable time!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2010

The hotel is in a great location right next to the Fairmont on Blackcomb. The rooms themselves are dated but very large with seating area and kitchen area. For the price and location it was a good deal. The hot tub pool area is small and doesnt look it is used often ( I would reccomend seeing if you an buy a pass to the Fairmont as their facilities are superb). The staff were helpful and friendly. Parking was also a good deal at $12 CAD per night vs $25 at Pan Pacific or Fairmont. There is no store in the hotel or casual dining but the Fairmont is next door. Walk to upper village is approx 5 minutes.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We stayed for a long weekend here, and it was great. We arrived early and I explained we had been up since 2 am and were able to check in then and there. Unlike other hotels (Japan comes to mind) when there is no way you can get your room early. The view was towards the moutain, we parked our car and were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. The room was a good size, a studio room and in the UK you would fit 2 rooms at least into the room, and at a higher cost. Everything was clean and tidy. My only moan about this place was Sunday morning and there was a market downstairs. This was a good market, and well worth a visit, but they had some young women playing and singing and it sounded like my cat!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChellST
Reviewed June 9, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Le Chamois for a few nights and just loved the location. It is nestled at the base of Blackcomb mountain. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. It is a laid back atmosphere in a quit part of town. It would be great for families with small children. The rooms are very large and clean. It is not a full service hotel which was just what we were looking for. This is our new "home away from home" We will be back !!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple