WINNER WONDERLAND

Meadow Park Sports Centre
Ranked #51 of 97 things to do in Whistler
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Meadow Park Sports Centre is a multipurpose facility with state-of-the-art amenities that include a swimming pool, children's pool, gym, fitness rooms, hockey and ice skating rink, squash as well as lessons and classes. The facility meets the needs of fitness training sessions, dance classes, tournaments, birthday parties, staff functions, and swim meets.
Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“A Great Kids Pool”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I needed a place to occupy my kids for a few hours while I was in Whistler on a day trip and the Meadow Parks Sports Center was a fantastic option. We had a wonderful time there playing in the kids pool. Loved many things about the pool facility - the beach-like entry to the pool, the whirl pool where my son was able to spin around, all the kids toys that were available, and the small river where we floated down. It was the perfect size for toddlers and I really appreciated having the life-jackets readily available.

We did have lunch at the cafe that is in the facilty. Food was ok, ok priced, but it took a while for them to make 3 hot dogs. I also didn't appreciate seeing the cook put the hot dog buns with the bag in the microwave to defrost. I don't mind using freezer buns but please don't microwave the plastic bag - not very healthy!

If I went back to Whistler again on a day-trip, I would definitely go to the pool again as my kids didn't want to leave. However, I would pack a lunch or bring food from an outside vendor the next time for us to eat.

Visited November 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Warm place to run”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

My condo didn't have a gym so this was a perfect place for me to get a run and workout in. It was only $8 to drop in and they have everything you need for a good workout, run or swim

Olympia, Washington
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 229 helpful votes
“The Kids Could Have Stayed There All Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

While visiting Whistler, we went to the swimming pool at Meadow Park Sports Center. Our kids, 7 and 4 years old, loved it and didn't want to leave. The BEST thing about it is that the water is WARM! Deliciously warm. There is a zero-depth area to enter the children't pool, a small lazy river and whirlpool, bears that squirt water and lots of floaties and toys to use. There are also life jackets should the little ones need them, as well as lifeguards keeping their eyes on things. The pool area has a big comfortable jacuzzi, steam room, and sauna. The children's pool area is open from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and I think you can stay as long as you want. Right off the kiddie pool, there are tables and chairs. Next time, we'll bring lunch, stay longer, and try ice skating as well. The kids said this was the highlight of their trip to Whistler. Pool cost was very reasonable - $32 for family of 4 and two grandparents.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank AreWeHavingFunYet
Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Kids had a Ball”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

If you are looking for a break from the hills, this is a great afternoon with the kids. The pool was great for them, and we were sure to sneak a steam room and sauna in for ourselves.

1 Thank hombrejose
vancouver
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Enjoy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2008

Good lord. The one star review says more about the reviewer than it does about the community centre, which little more than underpaid, hard-working young people trying to help the real live people in front of them, putting phone calls second.

Imagine the poor guy who was so busy he couldn't get to the phone for 15 minutes,who then gets yelled at from someone in England who thinks he's a snob! A snob! This isn't the four season's. It's a community centre. They're not trying to drum up business or win tour buses of Brits. It is subsidized by taxpayers.

And it is quite lovely.