“Amazing”

GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, GA
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 15, 2006

Highly recommended! Make sure to ask for the suite with a balcony. I would stay here again in a second. The restaurant & room service were very good. AND we got a great deal in the summer. It is not for the budget minded but it is WORTH the money.

• Liked — Location in Mountains
  • Tips/Secrets — Great Price in the Summer and lots to do in Whistler if you like to Hike or Bike
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank dmalone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Puyallup, WA
Reviewed July 29, 2006

My wife and I enjoyed three nights at this hotel as an anniversary celebration in July, 2006. We were very impressed with the facility and the attentive staff. The room was very adequate, quiet, well serviced by the maid staff, and located at one end of the village with easy access to all that Whistler has to offer. We really enjoyed the delightful breakfast buffet with its wide selection of nicely presented treats. A spa is located on site for those inclined to that type of activity. We are already planing a trip back for next year.

Stayed June 2006
4 Thank turbotom55
Glastonbury,CT
Reviewed July 12, 2006

I am a starwood person!! I have stayed at the Westins in NYC, Boston, Chicago, Arizona, Disney, LA, San Francisco, ........ and this is one of the best !!!

My wife and two teen agers stayed for 5 nights on a company function and was given a 1 bedroom junior suite and and an adjoing room with 2 twins on the 9th floor. We had a balcony , two baths, two kitchens and 2 fireplaces. Wow !!

When we checked in we arrived when two bus loads of collaegues had arrived. There were plenty of staff to valet my car, take our luggage and check us in very promptly. Service was great.

House keeping was very quick and unobtrusive. They really did a great job of cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms.

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our 50 minute massage at the spa. The kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub and was quite busy.

The location at the village is what makes this place special. I had several friends who were staying at the Fairmont and they were not as close to the village and commented that our rooms were very nice.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank RKON
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2006

My girlfriend and myself stayed here for one night in May. We had a junior suite room which was very nice and a room which could not be match by many other hotels.

The room was extrememly clean and everything worked like brand new.

If you have any questions about the (hotel)room, or whislter just send me an e mail. I know it is hard to get a opinion when travelling to any area which is free of an bias.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone... Parking is around $18.00/night CAD and beside the normal room rate there is also a hotel resort fee which is around $33.00/night CAD

Kevin(Ontario, Canada)

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank inspector05
Vancouver
Reviewed May 23, 2006

The Westin is a very nice hotel. I believe it is one of the better hotels in Whistler. The price was higher. We stayed there 2 nights. The hotel is only a few years old so the condition is really good. The hotel had a great location, right at the lower village right by the ski lifts. It was very clean and the rooms were quite large. The room we stayed in didn't offer that nice of a view but did come with a balcony. The rooms were larger with a Heavenly king bed and a sofa/seating area to watch TV. The washroom was large with a soaker tub as well as a seperate shower. As for the pool, it is very tiny. It is partially inside and outside. The exercise room/equipment seem decent. As for the restaurant, it was quite expensive by the menu posted. We opted to eat out at the village to eat. The thing that caught me by surprise was the parking charge. It was $18/night. I couldn't believe it!

• Stayed May 2006
6 Thank Monky
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed May 21, 2006

The Westin was fantastic. My wife and I went there for a week for our honeymoon in late March. The location was ideal, a true ski-in/out hotel. Both gondolas for Whistler & Blackcomb are right next door to the hotel. The service was unbelievable. I had a minor problem getting the ice machine to work, but after a quick phone call to the front desk, they walked me through it, and within 2 minutes someone was knocking on the door with a bucket of ice for us. I didn't even ask for it.

The restaurant Aubergine Grill is really good, but overpriced. We ate dinner there our first night and had a wonderful experience. The wine list is quite extensive. We ate there for breakfast a few days, but I got really tired of signing room charges for $60 each morning for two people to eat a breakfast buffet. Besides the price though, the food was excellent.

The spa was great. My wife had a massage one night and enjoyed it. We really liked the hottub after a day of hard snowboarding. You could bring out your drinks (as long as it's in plastic) and relax in the water.

We had a 1 bedroom suite on the 8th floor, and loved the room. Everything was spotless and modern, and the fireplace was great for drying snow gear after a day on the slopes. We never used the kitchenette, since we weren't about to cook on our honeymoon, and there are way too many great places to eat in the village.

I have absolutley nothing negative to say about the hotel or the location. We had a blast, and will definitley return to the Westin in Whistler.

• Stayed March 2006
8 Thank dive2deep
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 21, 2006

Stayed at the Westin in Whistler for a week during the Telus Spring Ski Festival with our family of 5 in a one bedroom suite. The hotel is fairly new and well kept. The suites have a very small kitchenette with a small sub-zero refrigerator, dishwasher and small stove. The rooms are well thought out. Service is attentive and we found the staff quite friendly. Twice a day maid service is great. The hotel is very well located. I agree with previous reviews about the resort fee being an absurd money grab. All in all we would return to the Westin in Whislter.

• Stayed April 2006