“Prime Location Prime Accomodations”

The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersGold level
Chemainus, Canada
“Prime Location Prime Accomodations”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed elsewhere our previous stay but decided to give the Westin a try after a great rate we found and booked through Hotels.com . We chose the queen suite with queen sofabed which turned out being the perfect size for our family of 4 with two teens . Our room was on floor 10 facing the mountain , great view. The front desk clerk was very professional, the valet attendant took care of our vehicle and loaded up the cart and hauled everything to the room for us . Two tips if you are staying there and want to save a little , use their free bike storage area but bring your own lock, thus will save you $7 per bike per night instead of using the bike check. I would then also tell you to park your vehicle over in the far public parking lots for $8 night rather than the $35 night in the hotel parkade. The hotel is very close to the lifts and also to my favorite food and coffee shop, Lift Coffee. Check out was quick and easy , the valet once again helped with all our luggage and even looked after the car while we went for breakfast before hitting the highway. We would absolutely stay here again. First class hotel and was blown away we could stay at the base of a mountain resort for only $330 for two nights

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Chris I
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Chris,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad to see you were able to take advantage of some of our great summer deals. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cooper City, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Perfect location in the village. We had a great time. The Westin was just as expected, excellent. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the beds. We stayed in a room with a balcony overlooking the mountains, just beautiful. The staff was great and we will definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Linda,

Thank you for giving us such a glowing review. I completely share your enthusiasm about the Westin Heavenly Beds! I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed at the Westin in Whistler for a night this past weekend. Was surprised at the large size and the numerous amenities offered at this resort. There was an indoor/outdoor pool, gym, steam room, a few restaurants on site and also you could rent a bike on site. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was quite large and had a great view of the pool and mountains. There was a nice balcony to watch the sunset and the room even had a gas fire place. Our neighbours had been smoking on their balcony (which is not allowed) and within a few minutes of us calling the Front Desk we had someone at our door updating us and apologizing us for the inconvenience. The bed was comfortable and the room was stocked with all the items you would need to make a meal in the kitchen although we did not cook in our room.

Surprisingly the only negative feedback would have to be with the Avello Spa on site. I booked a 50 minute massage which cost just under $170 online! At that price I expect that a Registered Massage Therapist would be doing the massage. When I checked in and was reading through the brochure in the room I noticed on the last page that there was disclaimer that it was a "relaxation spa" and because of this there was no opportunity to get a RMT issued receipt, which would have meant my Health Plan would not cover the procedure. I called down to the Spa and confirmed that none of their staff were Registered Massage Therapists. Baffles me why they would charge so much for the massage if it isn't done with a professional. The spa did give me a full refund.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear anthonyjames_f,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Your Whistler getaway sounds wonderful, and I'm glad that the resort exceeded your expectations. I appreciate your feedback about Avello Spa as well. Though it's owned independently of the hotel, this is valuable information for us to share that will help us continue to enhance the guest experience. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We love the Heavenly Beds, the breakfasts are excellent and the staff don't turn over much, so we meet familiar faces with each visit. Pool is excellent and views across the value are very nice. The ski valet at the bottom of the lift is a welcome luxury.
Overall, top notch.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear VPOman,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest. It's a pleasure to welcome you back year after year. We look forward to many more visits.

Regina, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I recently spent a night at the Westin in Whistler and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel.

The rooms were very clean and spacious. It is located right in the village so everything is very walkable.

The pool and workout facilities were excellent as was the restaurant.

I would definitely stay there again, especially if I was going to be there for an extended period of time as the suites are very spacious and have wonderful kitchenettes!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Cheryl,

I appreciate you sharing your comments! I'm glad to hear that you'll be returning. We look forward to seeing you again.

London, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Great location for mountain access. Located at the end of pedestrian mall.

Great rooms with kitchens. Very comfortable. Fire places and balconies.

Wee bit dated.

Internet was sporadic.

Frustrated with room key. Checked in went for a bike ride. Trekked up to my room only to discover neither of my room keys would work.

Trekked all the way back down and went to same person that checked me in. At this point I'm tired, I stink and just want my room.

She would not give me my key since I did not have id on me. She had just checked me in!! Oh come on. I showed her my credit card that she had used. Nope! Not good enough.

I said ask me some personal info. Nope!!!! Not good enough.

Had to wait while she look for someone to take me to my room. Soooo frustrating. Then she try's to tell me that I must have done something to deactivate my keys. Come on. Really???

After a bit she can't find anyone to take me up and decides she will. On the way she finds someone and he takes me up and I have to show him my id

I know it's safety related but really. Same person same card ask me personal stuff. Lack of communication skills.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dan459us
Dear dan459us,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad to see you enjoyed your visit to Whistler! Please accept my apologies for the difficulty you experienced at the Front Desk. Safety and security are of course a priority for us, but this should have been handled in a way that did not inconvenience you so much. I will be sure to follow up on your comments and use them as a training opportunity for the team.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here twice: once for business and once for a weekend getaway. Both times I have been impressed with the quality of the accommodations and the value! The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable, and the bathrooms spacious.

The fitness centre is top notch, and the pool area has a great view!

Definitely a great option in Whistler. I will book here again if I ever return to Whistler.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tyler S
Dear Tyler,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I'm glad you had such an enjoyable stay. I certainly hope another visit to Whistler is more than just a remote possibility! If you do return, we hope to see you again.