2,328 results
All reviewsski valeteast towerheavenly bedfirerock loungespg pointsone bedroom suiteper dayself parkfull kitchenski schoolhot tubgas fireplacedriving rangesmall kitchencan't beat the locationend of the dayski equipment
Reviewed April 23, 2014

we have been staying at the Westin in Whistler for the last 8 years for 2 weeks in April. its like coming back home every year. Right from the valet at the front with Gavin and Dave to Stephen Baumberg at Concierge to Andrew Misquitta, the Rooms Director at departure we have a happy and comfortable stay. This year a special mention to the housekeeping department and in specific to Bhupi, the Angel as i now refer to her as. i had misplaced my ipod, a small green 2 inchX 2inch contraption in the room. i know when i was placing it that i would have a problem finding it the next day. i called the housekeeping team and in they came - ALL of them ready to find this needle in the haystack. and they searched for hours. i want to give it to them for their perseverance, positive spirit and most of all reinforcement to me that 'Dont worry Mrs Bajaj, we will find it". i left to ski for the day and returned that evening to find my green unit on my desk. Thank you to The Angel Bhupi who had found it in my dressing gown pocket. now, really who would look there? it would have gone straight to laundry. but like i said this team combed through the 300sqm room (although i am convinced they were dying to hear my Bollywood tunes on the unit). At the end of the day, they made one very very happy girl in me.
you have in the last 8 years never disappointed. There are good days and bad - but on the bad days, there is always Stephen at Concierge who will make it into a good day. Bravo and Thank you to the team at WEstin Whistler

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Gondola have a great view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Rasina,

What a wonderful letter to read. Thank you so much for sharing your story, and more importantly for being such a loyal guest for so many years. It is truly our pleasure to be able to welcome you back every April, and our associates delight in the opportunity to go above and beyond to make sure each stay is better than the last. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed 10 nights and enjoyed great service from all the team at the Westin Whistler.

Lisa, Andrew and the team were particularly helpful with a room change which allowed us a little bit more space and a work station for my son to do his exam revision at!

Positives - great location near to the lifts, ski valet service very convenient, good bar and restaurant facilities on site, good spa and reasonable gym facilities. Great staff with excellent customer service skills. In room kitchen facilities very good.

Not so good - Poor Wi-Fi (and expensive if you have to pay for it), varying views/balconies in different from rooms (check room layouts with reservations before you confirm), expensive breakfast.

Room Tip: Mountain view with balcony. NB rooms in the tower above pool with balcony collect all the noise from the kids enjoying themselves in the swimming pool below!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Muse1984,

Thank you for sharing your review! I truly appreciate you giving us five stars, and offering your comments and feedback. I'm pleased to let you know that as of June 30 we have an entirely new and improved WiFi system. I'm confident on your next visit it will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This was the second time I stayed at this westin in the past two years. The location is good but so are a lot of other hotels in whistler. Last time I found the staff to be snooty but this time it was even worse. I have advanced status with Starwood but it seems this location is the only one I have ever come across where the loyalty is meaningless. Upgrades which are usually free when available could only be had for a fee. When asking about a later checkout I was met with a surly no. Housekeeping came by at 430 just as my daughter was getting into the shower ( after a hard day of skiing), she asked them to come back in half an hour so they didn't return at all. The hotel doesn't allow skis in the room which is not unusual but charges $9 per day per set to valet them, really, can you get more nickel and diming your guests than that. What can I say except that this property doesn't live up to the westin name.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I was troubled to hear that you had negative interactions with our associates on two consecutive visits. I would like to offer my sincere apologies. This is not a reflection of the high levels of personalized service we are known for. At your convenience, please email me at lisa.mccormick@westinwhistler.com so I can speak with you further.

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin in the skiing season and enjoyed its excellent location with the valet ski service and ski rental in house. The rooms are however quite small and the views from the rooms are very limited which makes it a bit depressing. The bathrooms are small and dated as well and do not really live up to Westin standards. I would recommend future guests to verify the exact location of their room to ensure its bright and offers views.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear FdV62,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad that you enjoyed taking advantage of our location for your time on the mountain. You shared an excellent tip about finding the perfect room for you. We have a large variety of layouts, floor pans, and views. On your next visit our Reservations Team would be happy to help you pick the best one for your needs. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel lives up to the "Westin" standards. Everything about this hotel is beautiful. From the moment you walk into the hotel the lobby is gorgeous as well as the rooms and facilities. VERY clean, the rooms were spacious with a nice clean kitchen. The gym and pool are excellent amenities, especially if you are travelling for longer periods of time. Overall this is a family oriented resort. Not recommended for younger people. The bar in the hotel is good as well as the buffet for breakfast. The location is steps away from the gondola but a little isolated from the main path. Have been a few times now and have always had a very good experience. Also have been to the spa. It is over priced for the service that was mediocre.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends