2,329 results
All reviewsski valeteast towerheavenly bedfirerock loungespg pointsone bedroom suiteper dayself parkfull kitchenski schoolhot tubgas fireplacedriving rangesmall kitchencan't beat the locationend of the dayski equipment
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed the one night at the Westin with my boyfriend and parents. They had the bedroom, we had the pull out couch, we were very comfortable. Had a gift voucher for this stay, so it was cheap based on that, would have been $290 otherwise! We parked the car in the ski day lot (which is free, google it - local tip!), or if you like $35 hotel valet parking service them go for it!
No in room wifi service, unless you want to pay $14.95 a day to have it. What a money maker ... disappointed that in this age they cannot incorporate wifi for everyone's use. Was very frustrating to have to go to the downstairs public areas to log on.
Whistler is expensive though, we all know that ... so make some money, go spend some money ... Whistler will gladly take it from you ...

Room Tip: Self park your car in the far end of the day lots (free!) Go for the best breakfast in town - Wildwood or Elements (same company, 2 locations)
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Well it's Whistler, so you're paying for being in Whistler!
Good hotel, but not spectacular.
Normal rooms, might even be undersized.
Clean (which is important), friendly front desk.
Not cool to be charged around 15 dollars for 24 hour wi-fi in the room and 1 dollar for 60 seconds on their "free" desktops in the lounge area.
Well, each to their own.
I've been to fancier places for less with free wi-fi and free breakfast ... in Canada.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed at the Whistler Westin over spring break of 2014. The facility itself was nice with all the advertised amenities. There are some fees for ski storage and internet access that were suprising for a 4 1/2 star hotel. We were in a two room suite. Skis are not allowed in the rooms and a fee of $27.50/night was charged for my family of four. Yes, if you look on their web page it is listed but this is the first time I've seen this at any ski resort at Whistler or anywhere else. I checked with the Hilton, Pan Pacific, and Fairmont and it's included in the room fee. These hotels also provide free in room internet access. At the Westin this was only offered in the Lobby or for a fee in the room and the connection wasn't that fast.
Housekeeping was adequate but after skiing for 6 hours it is annoying to need to call to have your room serviced.
Requested a room on three occasions that was on a higher floor prior to our visit but ended up with a ground floor room with a patio full of melting snow with garbage in snow.

We will not be returning to this hotel with the better options available at the same star rating and price!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Carl P
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Carl,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay. Unlike many hotels we do not charge a resort fee, and instead price out individual components so that guests can choose what services they want to take advantage of. We want to offer our guests the best value possible, and we have ensured that we are priced competitively among other Whistler hotels.

I'd like to also apologize that we didn't provide attentive housekeeping service and that we were unable to accommodate your request for a suite on a higher floor. I can see how this would detract from your overall experience.

We truly value your business and would like to keep you as a regular guest. At your convenience, please email me at lisa.mccormick@westinwhistler.com so I can invite you back and personally ensure your next stay is memorable.

Stay well,
Lisa McCormick
Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Just stayed for three nights and three days of skiing/boarding Whistler/Blackcomb. Our room was very spacious and clean. Kitchen was a good size with fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher. The beds were comfortable and the bedrooms were quiet. The Westin is within a 2 minute walk to the Whistler Gondola and a couple more minutes to the Blackcomb village lift. Fantastic to be so close. The hotel is very large and has a rental store on level one so that is convenient. Staff were welcoming and friendly. There are some negatives though. One of the very few hotels to charge you each day for your snowboard/skis as you are not allowed to have them in your room. Money grab? Also, the parking is a minimum of $30 per day which is a lot of money anywhere in the world for parking. Your alternative is to park in the day parking lot near the lifts for $8 per day. The hotel charges for wifi which is pretty ridiculous given the room rates you are paying. Again, another money grab.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AirSchis

Dear AirSchis,

Thank you for staying with us! I appreciate all of your kind comments, and I'm happy to see that our associates made you feel so welcome. We want to offer our guests the best value possible, and with that in mind we don't charge a resort fee, instead pricing out services, like Ski Valet and WiFi, individually. We have ensured that we are priced competitively among other Whistler hotels to provide our guests with a special and memorable experience. If there's anything I can do on your next visit to ensure you have the best stay possible, please do not hesitate to email me at lisa.mccormick@westinwhistler.com.

Stay well,
Lisa McCormick
Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I checked in for two nights for a weekend get away. Originally we were given a room with a limited view it was nice but I asked if we could change room and the front desk agent did one better and upgraded our room complementary with a nice view. The hotel is walking distance to Whistler village and shops but far enough that it's quite amd peaceful at night and in the morning. The rooms have fireplaces which was nice to sit in front with a glasss of wine.
I also like that the hotel is dog friendly (we didn't bring our dog but will next time).
It was a nice escape from the busy life of parenting and work definitely worth the money.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple