“Mostly positive.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Washington, DC
“Mostly positive.”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I am an SPG Platinum and we were there on a sold out holiday weekend so no upgrade which I understand. My room had 2 queens, which I requested, and a moutain view beyond the pool. The negative part of my stay was the room. I found it a bit worn and the walls in need of repainting. The two queen beds were comfortable but took up much of the room. Oddly, there was a full kitchen including oven and stove top along with a fridge and freeze. What there wasn't was a place to sit other than one small chair and a small end table. In other words, only one person could sit on a chair. Everyone else had to sit on the bed. There was no desk or couch. If you need two queens be prepared to sit on the bed or spring for a bigger category of room.
I also thought the bar staff, while nice, could have used some help for after ski cocktails.

Now the positives.

-a very nice staff especially in the restaurant...went above and beyond to make sure everyone in our party (especially the kids) were happy and the breakfasts were quite good as was the one dinner we had there
-a great sushi restaurant (not part of the hotel) right in the shopping section
-great concierges who promptly prebooked all kids lessons and rentals
-ski rental pick up and return right in hotel
-ski valet to pick up skis in the morning
-slopeside valet to return skis in the afternoon
-incredibly easy access to lifts, gondola, village and ski school pick-up/dropoff
This place has it when it comes to location, location, location.

Room Tip: Make sure if you are a family of 4 that you understand the basic room with 2 queens isn't really...
1 Thank Chuckus1
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Chuckus1,

Thank you for sharing your review! We truly value your business as an SPG Platinum guest, and I appreciate your candid feedback. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and that our associates made it so memorable. Your constructive criticism is also much appreciated, and I will be sure to share your comments with our teams. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The Westin did not disappoint one bit. From the moment we pulled up to the hotel the staff were super polite, helpful and attentive. They really go out of their way to ensure your stay is amazing. I had forgotten my toothbrush and the bellman within minutes had one dropped off to our room. The food was exceptional. We ate lunch at the beautiful restaurant which had floor to ceiling windows so we could see the wonderful view. And I loved the one bedroom suite. It was so nice to have a sitting area with a fireplace, dinning area and kitchen and separate bedroom. Of course the location is prime, right in th village steps away from the base of the mountain and restaurants and shops.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jolean220,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review! I've been working with the hotel for quite some time and it still amazes me as much as you. I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Seattle
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Like other reviewers, the location is great. The one bedroom I stayed in was fine for 2 adults and 2 kids under 10. If the kids were older, the room would have been tight. We were in the east tower mountainside on the 4th floor. Quiet but not much of a view (trees and the gondola passing between the treetops.) Not really an issue to us.

The ski valet service is wonderful. Wasn't aware that this was not included in the room rate. Signs posted say no ski or snowboard equipment allowed in rooms. We handed over our equipment to the valet. BTW no signage or staff mention that this service is $27 a day. I suppose our other option would have been to put our stuff in our car in the garage which we paid $30 for self park vs $34/day for valet.

Had drinks in the hotel bar after skiing. Husband ordered a margarita on the rocks. Server asks what kind of tequila he'd like. Having Don Julio blanco made his 5 oz margarita $26. Adding guacamole to nachos, $3 or chicken $5.

All said, the hotel has all the necessary amenities for a fun family ski vacation. Concierge is great at booking reservations and kid ski lessons.

Richmond, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I recently stayed at the Westin and I have to comment on how courteous and attentive the staff are. Heidi in Reservations was a big help when I needed to make some changes. Nam at the Front Desk was nice enough to give my dog a treat while we waited to get checked in. The bellmen, Andy and Dan were helpful in explaining the amenities in the room, suggesting restaurants, and packing all of our suitcases (half of which we didn't need). I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a stress free get away.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Great hotel, staff was always helpful and polite. Loved the ski valet! Dinner recommendations were spot on, we had an amazing stay. The location was in the middle of town and the evenings were really fun as well. Great value!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have been staying at the Westin while on my Whistler vacation for almost 10 years now.

The location of the resort is right at the base of Whistler Mountain and is very close to all the action that happens in Whistler Village.

The staff always goes above and beyond to make sure our stay is nothing short of perfect. This includes the room cleaning staff, the front desk staff, the concierge and the bell hops. I couldn’t ask for any better service.

The in-house restaurants and shops are nothing to pass by. Grill and Vine, previously Aubergine, is a great place to dine if you don’t want to leave the hotel. The gym, spa and pool area is always clean and well kept.

I always get a room with a kitchenette which is stocked with all the right utensils to make most meals.

The Westin Whistler does an excellent job of making you feel right at home and I don’t see any reason to not continue to stay here in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear cglof,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest over the years! We truly appreciate your business. Ensuring each of your visits is better than the last is our pleasure. We look forward to many more.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We recently stayed here for a week. Very happy with this Westin.
Whilest I think there complimentary breakfasts being limited to "cold selections" is ridiculous and in room internet is very bad, high cost of parking, more cleaning needed in pool area and steam room working. I thought the location and service on everything else was very good! Super staff and everyone makes an effort to say hello!

Room Tip: Loved room 668 on corner end!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear wilsonfurr5,

Thank you for sharing your review! I'm pleased to let you know that as of June 30 we have an entirely new and improved WiFi system. I'm confident on your next visit it will exceed your expectations.