“All Smiles”

The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I visited back in March, as I was celebrating my 30th birthday with a ski trip as far away from my home in Florida as possible. Now that I'm planning a new trip for next year, I decided to consider Whistler again, specifically because of the great experience I had at the Westin. It also prompted me to write this review... a few months late.

The first thing I noticed, and the thing I noticed most often, was the friendliness and warmth of the staff. From the moment I arrived I had staff members going out of their way to help me. From the front desk staff dealing with an issue with my credit card (forgot to tell the bank I was traveling to a foreign country), to the concierge handling my lift tickets and ski rentals, and arranging transportation, I had nothing but good things to say. And believe me, I have said those good things to whoever would listen.

Thanks to my SPG status, I was upgraded from the studio to the one-bedroom suite. The suite was simply amazing. It was spacious and clean, and I was fortunate to have a great view of the mountain. It was nicer than I could have imagined. The concierge found out it was my birthday and had beer and snacks delivered to my room, which was a nice touch, and the work of a true professional.

The hotel location is perfect! It is steps away from the gondola and near all the bars and restaurants in the village. The Sunday night "Fire and Ice" show is steps from the hotel entrance, and a "must see" if you are able to do so.

I'm definitely coming back to the Westin to celebrate my 31st birthday next year. I may not make it up to Whistler every year, but when I do, I will certainly be staying at the Westin.

Room Tip: I suggest you request a room with a mountain view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear ndfanno1,

What wonderful comments to receive! It was a pleasure to welcome you for the big 3-0, and we are absolutely delighted that we made such a lasting impression on you. We are truly looking forward to welcoming you back for many more trips to come.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We have been staying at the Westin in Whistler for over ten years and the experience continues to improve with each passing year. The hotel is modern, well appointed and most importantly superbly well located relative to the increasing recreational possibilities Whistler has to offer.

We found our room impeccably clean and the staff very warm and friendly and willing to go the extra distance whenever needed. Little subtleties like assistance helping me unload/load bicycles on my truck were appreciated.

As for location, this hotel has one of the finest afternoon patio locations in Whistler. The view to the Southwest mountains is breathtaking and it is quite and away from the bustle of the more youth oriented patio environs in the village. For those traveling with young families the dining facilities are family friendly with one of the finest breakfast buffets in the village - check out the signature prepared figs - they are fantastic and the chef's specialty. Our dinner experience on the patio (ask for seating here!!) was perfect with great choices for kids and picky adults alike.

For cyclists the village path is right across the street providing access both North and South in the Valley within a short ride.

For those inclined to travel to the alpine areas - you cannot beat the access to the lifts that are only a few steps from your door. 25 minutes of breathtaking ride up the mountain you are in the gorgeous high alpine with more hiking possibilities than you can imagine.

Room Tip: Families will definitely prefer one and two bedroom units. Note that all units come with complete k...
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I wish could stay longer but stayed here for a one night. would like to come back again, the rooms were spacious and clean and have all amenities which we need kids love it and we had a great time in town.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Mumtaz,

How disappointing that you only got to stay with us for one night! We hope it's not too long before you can plan another Whistler escape.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel was comfortable and the staff and service was very good. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Food in the restaurant was very good and waitress service excellent. Prices were a bit on the high side.
The only complaints would be the view of trees about 10 feet from your window was disappointing and the temperature in the room was very hot and we had no control devices to lower it.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the village/mountians would have been more enjoyable.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights. Lovely hotel, would like to come back in winter. Although we didn't eat there, the rooms were spacious and clean. As we are a family we were given a sofa bed for one of our children. You wouldn't have known - it was as comfortable as the bedrooms 'heavenly beds' that the hotel promote. Great location for whistler village.

Dear Liz,

Thank you for sharing your review! It was a pleasure to welcome you and your family, and we're delighted that you found your suite so comfortable. We hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Westin Resort & Spa in Whistler is my home away from home. I moved to Langley BC (3yrs) ago and I have been up to Whistler seven times now. The first couple of times, I stayed at various hotels, but the last (3) times I have stayed at the Westin because of the cleanliness, spacious rooms, friendly staff and wonderful prime location. This hotel is ideal for anyone that is travelling with family and friends, or even if you wanted to have a quite peaceful time to yourself. From my past experience this hotel has it all depending on what you are looking for. The only regret that my family had the last time we came up, is that we only stayed for (1) night. In order to truly appreciate Whistler and this wonderful Hotel, I strongly recommend that guests stay for atleast (2) nights or longer. Hope you all have a wonderful time and love this Hotel as much as I do!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2 Bedroom suite on the 8th floor and it was amazing! It had all the ammenites of bein...
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for just 2 nights to break our journey to Vancouver this is central because it is in the ski resort area lots of shops, restaurants our room with a view of the mountain was very spacious with a kitchen area and a fridge clean.Smooth check in friendly staff had breakfast one of the morning lovely buffet but at 30 dollars each i thought this was a little bit pricey

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple