“Fun time”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, Canada
“Fun time”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Well rounded location plus the ability to cook in the room helps reduce cost. Don't pay the expensive parking. Lot 4 and Lot 5 have free parking. It's a bit of walk but worth saving $30 + tax per day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bangor, Northern Ireland
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We were only staying in Whistler for one night but we were treated very well. On arrival we were greeted by a very friendly and helpful receptionist. She provided us with a map of Whistler and pointed out on it all the places we would need. She was able to give us restaurant recommendations and advise us what to do with regards to booking the Whistler gondolas and use of the car park.

The bellman was able to help us with use of the car park, he was so friendly and accomodating and made the process very easy.
The concierge was a little too laid back and confused to fill me with confidence but he was friendly enough.

We had a deluxe room which had a small balcony and a great view of Whistler and the mountains. The room had a fully fitted kitchen and a separate lounging area. It also had a huge bed which was quite comfy.

If I was in Whistler again I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vancouver canada
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We just spent one night at the Westin Whistler. We have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions, and it's always been great! Check in was fast and easy, although I have seen some line-ups at times. We had made a mistake in booking a room with a queen size bed, and requested to be changed to a King bed. It was actually a down grade, as the original room was a one bedroom suite, and the King room had no bedroom, just bed and sofa sleeper. We were told that we could switch rooms, but the price would not be reduced, that it was 'too late' to do this. The person who was checking us in, was very polite but seemed to be possibly new…? Upon getting to our room and realizing that we should be paying $50. less for the King, I decided to call and ask for a manager. When I explained the details, we were offered the discount. I was fine with this, would have been nice if the staff member at check-in could have just done it for us, but it was easily rectified,so no harm done.
The room was clean and very comfortable, as usual. I love the Westin, as we've never encountered an unpleasant surprise on any visits. The valets and shuttle drivers were all very accommodating and extremely helpful.
We ate at the hotel lounge the 1st afternoon, the food was good, but the service was painfully slow! Off season at the resort, and middle of the afternoon, so I understand having less staff on, but for The Westin, this was a little unusual. The hotel restaurants are very good, also very pricey, don't look for your best value on dining, here.
My daughter and her cousins used the pool, it appeared to be clean and well maintained.
The Westin is at one end of the Village, so it is within easy walking distance to most things, we also made use of the hotel shuttle this time, to take us to Hy's Steak house (Yum!), the shuttle was very useful (wearing high heels!), and doesn't cost anything, but don't forget to tip!
This hotel is very family friendly, but yet we always find it quiet. We slept well, didn't hear a noise all night! I can't really say anything negative about the hotel, we've stayed before, and I know we'll go back!

Room Tip: Try to book a room facing the village, or facing the side of the chair lift. Not around the back fac...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Traveled to Whistler as a couple to enjoy the Dine In Whistler event during May 2013. This is the shoulder season for Whistler and it was much slower than my previous visits during the winter, this was perfect though as my girlfriend and I just wanted to relax and enjoy some great food. We were not disappointed. From the moment of check in, the front desk staff and valet were very accommodating. Andrew, the Director of Rooms, also assisted with finding us a quiet room with a fantastic view of the mountains, overlooking the pool deck and driving range.The loft suite, with stunning views overlooking the driving range and mountains, was amazing!
We took advantage of the beautiful weather to spend most of our time, in between dining, enjoying the pool, hot tub, sauna and eucalyptus steam room. We were very lucky as they had just re-opened the pool on the morning of our check-in. My girlfriend won't stop with the praises of the Westin Whistler experience and we are already planning our next visit to Whistler, no doubt we will book again at the Westin Whistler!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Leo,

Thank you for staying with us! It was a pleasure to welcome you and your girlfriend for a spring getaway, and we're delighted our team was able to make it so memorable. We look forward to seeing you both again soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The staff at the resort were so welcoming and friendly, we truly felt like VIP. The room was spacious and beautiful! The hotel location was perfect, right in the village but don't hear the night life. We love this hotel and can't wait to return!!

• Stayed June 2013
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Christine,

Thank you for such a generous 12/10 rating! We are glad you enjoyed your Whistler getaway so much, we're looking forward to seeing you again too!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I recently spent just one night at this hotel while presenting at a conference held on-site. The weather cooperated and provided two consecutive sun-filled days, which made my short stay all the more glorious. The exterior of the hotel is a beautiful mix of cut stone and wood and both of those materials continue inside to the impressive lobby with its soaring high ceiling and central hearth. The huge space is filled with comfy-looking furniture arranged in groupings designed for conversation, but not once in my several trips through it did I ever see anyone making use of the space. Hopefully it is filled to capacity in the busier winter months, as it really is a lovely lobby. The check-in process was quick, with several young women handling the front desk duties even at midday. My bag was taken from me right at the entrance and arrived in my room with me, as the bellman joined me for the walk over. I was given a room in the tower at the opposite end of the property, so I was grateful to have a guide to get me there the first time around, as it was quite the trip, involving two different elevators and a stroll down a length of retail shops in between. In mid-May, I was surprised to find quite a few skiers still milling around the hotel, apparently enjoying the spring conditions at nearby Blackcomb Mountain. My room was the most basic on offer and yet I found it to be very spacious and well-appointed. The décor is heavy on light-stained wood panelling which obviously suits the ski-lodge motif. Immediately inside the door from the hallway, there was a length of kitchenette space on the right, featuring high-end appliances (Jenn-Air and Subzero), including a bar-sized fridge with a small freezer compartment, an oven, two stovetop burners, a microwave and a dishwasher. The cupboards were filled with anything and everything that one could need to make and serve a hearty pre- or après-ski meal, including dishes, glasses, pots and pans, mixing bowls, casseroles, and lots of handy kitchen implements. Given my short stay, I did not make use of any of these amenities but they were all sparkling clean and I could see how they would be very welcome during a longer holiday. On the opposite side of the entrance, the bathroom was large, with a deep soaker tub and lots of granite counter space around the sink. The queen-sized bed featured the super comfortable "heavenly bed" mattress with its subtlety striped white linens. An alarm clock was on one nightstand while a cordless phone was on the other. At the foot of the bed was a gas fireplace with a flat screen TV mounted above it. Given the sunny spring weather, it was too hot to use the fireplace, even with the window open. Next to the bed was a pull-out sofa and then a nice armchair was placed its end, at an angle, under the room's window. The window was essentially a partial bay, with a large straight expanse across the width of the room and then a smaller window rounding the corner by about two feet. A padded stool served as a coffee table and I made use of it as a desk for my laptop while working in front of the television. (My very reasonable room rate included free Wi-Fi and the signal was strong and easily accessed.) The view from the window was underwhelming, looking straight out onto the base of a now-dormant chair-lift track and sideways towards the small covered balcony of the adjacent room. (Which only then made me realize that my room didn't have a balcony!) There was also an odd little nook next to the fireplace, that housed its on/off controls and begged for a piece of furniture or something, but which could perhaps be useful for storing large pieces of luggage on a longer stay. (But not for housing ski equipment, as there were signs everywhere noting that gear cannot be taken up to the rooms!) A desk space was set up on the other side of fireplace, with another telephone on it, and then there was the door to an adjoining room in between it and the kitchenette. There were other occupants on the floor that night, as I saw the newspapers waiting outside of their doors early the next morning, but I never heard a bit of noise while I was in my room. Although everything was clean and tidy, I did have to crunch three huge black ants wandering near the fireplace during my stay. (I have never seen ants that big in my whole life...) I reported them to the front desk upon check-out and the clerk remarked that this is the season for ants and that the hotel does what it can to try to keep them under control. I had a drink in the FireRock lounge before meeting my hosts for a nice dinner in the Aubergine Grille. Both venues were quite busy for a weekday evening, which speaks to the lovely ambience and kind service. My breakfast and lunch were provided as part of the conference and were both buffets. The breakfast was served in the restaurant but the lunch was served in the meeting space and had a Mexican theme with build-your-own soft and hard tacos with all of the fixings, rice, several salads, cut fruit, and then churros served with a hot chocolate sauce for dipping. I've been to many a conference, both large and small, and I have never before seen this kind of unique catering in a chain hotel setting. I had a morning meeting in a small conference room (the Crystal), which was comfortable and bright, and just the perfect size for a gathering of ten or twelve people, and then the larger meeting in the afternoon was held across the mezzanine, with one area separated off for lunch, arranged with round tables, and then the main meeting space was arranged with rows of long tables and chairs facing a podium area. On my travels around the hotel, I did see an outdoor pool and hot tub, but I never had the time to try either, nor to visit the gym or on-site spa. I did find time to venture out into the pedestrian village and was surprised to find how close the hotel is to its centre, as it had seemed to be on the very edge of the village when I arrived. (It's physical location is deceiving in that regard, as it is located right off the Sea-to-Sky highway, across from an expansive driving range and before you see the start of the village proper, which actually wraps around behind the Westin.) I have stayed at several other Whistler properties on previous visits but found the Westin to certainly be one of the nicest hotels around. I will definitely be back and plan to stay longer next time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Westin Whistler -- can't say anything negative about this hotel, except that you can't bring your ski/snowboard gear up to your room (a pet peeve of mine -- even though I accept that hotels want to minimize damage in hotel rooms). They do have a gear concierge though that you can check your stuff with at the base of the whistler gondola and pick up again the next day.

the room are amazing -- I had a suite on a higher floor with a fireplace and kitchenette. I've stayed here before and had a smaller room with a kitchenette. The rooms are beautiful (the views), but otherwise fairly standard.

The hotel is in the village right next to the whistler gondola... it feels like one of the farthest hotels in the village from the action (restaurants, bars, après - scene), but that said, its a 5 minute walk max to get pretty well anywhere! and when you're spending the day on the mountain, it is THE Most convenient hotel to be at!

The pool is amazing. Heated, outdoor. there's also an indoor pool/hot tubs etc.

You can access the fitness facility for showers etc after you check out of your room too -- great if you are spending the day on the hill and plan on making the drive back to Vancouver in the later afternoon/evening.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a mountain view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TorontoTraveler79,

Thanks for your comments! We are very fortunate to have such a great location and are delighted you got to make the most of it. We hope to see you again next season, or even sooner!