For our stay at Whistler we stayed at the Westin because of its location and because being a Starwood’s hotel you expect it to be a fine Hotel.
I´ll try to make this a very honest review.
Pros: The Hotel location is just beside the base of the Gondola, so you don’t have to walk far with your skiing equipment.
2. If you’re renting equipment there’s a rental office inside the hotel.
3. - there´s a valet pick up service as soon as you rich the village in the base of whistler mountain.
4. There´s a really good Japanize restaurant inside the hotel, there bar is also fine.
1. - the hotel decoration and furniture are starting to look pretty old, in our opinion is kind of urgent to redesign and change all the furniture.
2. The worst con of all is the house keeping service (the hotel cleanliness) they really need to pay attention in this area because the service they are offering is not at all a service of a luxury hotel, not even acceptable.
The terrace outside the room was of no use, in all the week we stayed there the furniture outside were all covered with snow (and it was not even a week were it snowed), they never clean the area.
The first day we arrived I entered to use our bathroom and I found that the toilet was not perfectly cleaned, there was a really nasty stain, (I decided to clean it myself with a Lysol). The stain came out so it was no permanent it was just not well cleaned.
The second day I left like a ball of my hair (the hair you loss when you was your hair) and left it on the window corner, the next day it was still there and the day after. I was not until the third they that they removed it.
Another day I left two glasses on one side of the kitchen sink, when we returned in the afternoon they still were there (obviously they were not cleaned).
Every night I sleep with socks on but I take them off during the night and my sucks stay under the sheets. My first night at the Westin was no exception but on the second day when I was getting prepared to go to bed I started looking for my socks in the night table or over the pillow (where they normally leave them) and they were not there, for my surprise they still were under the sheets, (imagine how good the beds are done).
3.- there are no amenities for the bath tub.
If they change all the issues with their housekeeping service and general cleanliness I will consider coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Whistler Village just yards from the gondolas and the slopes of Whistler and Blackcomb mountains, The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler is an all-suite, full-service conference hotel and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Vacatia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler Hotel Whistler
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Whistler
- Westin Resort Whistler
- Westin Hotel Whistler
- Westin Whistler
- Whistler Westin