As individuals who have experienced almost all of the hotels at Whistler, we finally decided to give the Westin a try and were were not disappointed. Simply put, our stay at the Westin was perfection.
Our east tower room was lovely and large, with vaulted ceilings and a gas fireplace. The kitchen was well appointed and most importantly, functional. While most people likely don't cook-in while at Whistler, we do, being a bit budget-minded (and having already sampled much of the fare that Whistler has to offer) and we were ecstatic with the provisions. With regards to the hotel needing some 'refreshing' this might be true of some of the heavy traffic areas like the main hallways, but this is standard for any ski destination resort and is to be expected.
The living area was spacious and functional with floor to ceiling windows that provided a lovely view and lots of sunlight. The king sized bed was uber comfortable and well provided with sheets and quilts so that one didn't have to go hunting for extra blankets etc., to keep warm.
Now, this is important....this was the CLEANEST hotel room we've ever had at Whistler, hands down. It was also the QUIETEST accommodation we've ever experienced, again at Whistler. We honestly felt like we were the only people in the tower, it was that quiet.
Also worth mentioning is that we were traveling with a small dog. They provided us with a bed for him and dishes, all very nice touches, but more importantly is that they didn't treat us any differently/charge us more money simply because we opted to bring our dog (Are some of the other hotels in Whistler paying attention to this? You know who you are....). This was very much appreciated and is one way that establishments like the Westin develop and keep loyal customers.
The front desk and parking valet staff were friendly, polite and very helpful (thank you again Gemma). The hotel has a program whereby if you decide to skip housekeeping, they offer you a voucher that can be redeemed for a beverage or points. This is a great idea and kudos goes out to whomever came up with it as it is a great incentive to live a little greener and clean up after ones self.
As others have pointed out before, the Westin is nice and close to the lifts, a bonus for those like me who dread having to walk blocks in their ski boots. But just as close as it is to the lifts, it is also just far enough away from the heart of the village, which can be at times, a bit noisy/zoo-like (especially on Friday and Saturday nights). In short, it is well located.
The Westin is a bit on the pricey side, but in Whistler especially, you get what you pay for, so it is what it is. Beyond this, the Westin has made two new loyal customers and we would like to thank them for making our stay so very wonderful and yes...perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Whistler Village just yards from the gondolas and the slopes of Whistler and Blackcomb mountains, The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler is an all-suite, full-service conference hotel and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Whistler
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler Hotel Whistler
- Westin Resort Whistler
- Westin Hotel Whistler
- Westin Whistler
- Whistler Westin