2,338 results
All reviews ski valet east tower heavenly bed firerock lounge spg points one bedroom suite per day self park full kitchen ski school hot tub gas fireplace driving range small kitchen can't beat the location end of the day ski equipment
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Stayed here during the year end, ski and snowboard festival. Great location, ski in and ski out location (just a few steps for both the main gondolas for both ski resorts). Self parking was a bit expensive, but much closer and safer than parking in the public area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kt-22pounder
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I've travelled to Whistler for years, romantic weekend aways, events, girls weekend, I never thought that I had to check Tripadvisor for a hotel such as the Westin. The name alone represented a higher level of expected customer service. Upon booking my spa (scandinave) package, which I called Central reservations for clarifications and was told to simply book it online, I did so. As my first option for bed category was unavailable, I picked the next option. Never did the page mention that the spa package was not available, it simply defaulted to Best Available Rate. Upon checking in, I was told that I didn't book the package and was told to discuss with in house reservations the following morning. Little did I know, that 2 hours of my life would be wasted in dealing with a blatent disregard for customer service by a) being yelled at by a csr and b) being hung up on. The package I was told, was simply "sold out". Well, being from the lower mainland, and being to Whistler during different seasons, I can tell you honestly , that it was not a slow, or "sold out" season. The hotel "suite" was tiny, too hot, the parking is overpriced, and I had to verify everything on a smartphone because the wi-fi was $15. Even McDonalds has free wi-fi! I couldn't even call the Central Reservation line from the hotel, because I would have had to foot the bill to their customer service line from THEIR hotel for a toll-free number. A somewhat satisfactory resolution came 2 hours later, had it been presented at 8:30am, my review would have been different. Don't stay here, your money is better spent at other better "resorts" in Whistler : Nita Lake Lodge, Coast Blackcomb, Crystal Lodge, the Listel, Cascade Lodge. Such a disappointment from high expectations of the Starwood line. I will say that the bed was definitely worthy of being called "heavenly", too bad the experience was hellish.

Room Tip: book online, central resos too busy to deal w/u.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank gemmad03
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Dear GemmaD03.

Thank you very much for the time you took to speak with us in person regarding your experience. I’m so glad we were able to discuss it further and come to an understanding. I see that the Starwood Central Reservations team has also been in touch with you directly regarding your experience with them, and I’m happy to see that was resolved as well.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back for your upcoming visit and look forward to showing you the personal and instinctive service we are known for.

Best regards,
Bryce Beatty
Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 30, 2011

My husband, 3year old daughter, and I returned to the Westin Whistler this month and were absolutely delighted with the service, the rooms, and the overall value. We love the location of the hotel - in the village, but away from the bars which are loud at night; we always enjoy extremely comfortable rooms and have great sleeps - the full kitchens are a must when you have young children; the pool and amenities are a real "draw" for my 3yr old and we are always pleased to see the premises clean and tidy. The valet staff and front desk reception are friendly, supportive, and extremely attentive. Most of all, I am most pleased with the online support your social media person/team provides and I was absolutely thrilled and in awe that they took the time to read my blog and fix up a snack for my daughter in the hotel room (her fave) upon our arrival. Incredible attention to detail Westin, this is why you are our only consideration for our weekend getaways.

Andrea
Steveston, BC

Room Tip: Follow @Westin_Whistler on Twitter!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Vancouver26
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2011

Dear Vancouver26,

Thank you so much for sharing such a great review with us. We are thrilled to have been able to welcome you and your family back for another weekend getaway! Thank you as well for communicating with us on Social Media; it is for reasons exactly like this that we take the time to utilize these channels to create lasting connections with our guests.

Best regards,
Bryce Beatty
Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 24, 2011

We stayed here with some friends who were from out of town. It was in a great location close to the village shops, clubs, golf, etc. We requested a larger patio room and they gave it to us without any issues. The pool is a lot of fun however not enough lounge chairs you do have to get down early. The restaurant buffet was excellent for breakfast I was quite impressed to find they had Gluten Free options, something that's rare to find these days. Would recommend this hotel however I wouldn't pay more than $160/night

Room Tip: Ask for a room with large patio deck
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ladolcissima
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We found the staff very welcoming and helpful upon our arrival, from getting our car parked to booking services in the spa. The room was excellent, clean and bright with a rustic decor including a fireplace! Would have wonderful if we were on a ski break but in May it was hard to find an excuse to use it. We also had a great view of the surrounding snow-capped mountains. The bed is lovely; we had an excellent night's rest. The location can't be beat! You walk out of the hotel and you are a few metres from ski lifts and the PEAK to PEAK lifts, and in the summer the mountain biking park. They also have a wonderful spa with more great staff and services, and a large, open fitness area.
All in all, it was a great place to stay and there was not a thing I didn't like about it.

Room Tip: Check for package deals on their website
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple