4,206 results
All reviews mallard lounge gold floor wildflower restaurant health club blackcomb mountain beautiful hotel upper village ski valet slope side hot chocolate self parking steam room end of the day apres ski outdoor pool four seasons portobello
Selected filters
Reviewed April 10, 2019

Everything was fast, efficient, and professional. I felt welcome and appreciated. My special requests for the room were all taken into account and apparent on my arrival. This is an annual conference and staying at the Chateau Whistler is always something I look forward to.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
ChateauWhistler, Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2019

Dear dgharper,

Thank you for sharing a review of your recent stay at Fairmont Chateau Whistler. It is wonderful to hear that you had an exceptional visit and felt that the hotel had such a welcoming presence. We look forward to welcoming you back again next year!

Reviewed April 9, 2019

The hotel, staff, location, amenities and food were all excellent! It was our first time staying at the Fairmont and Whistler. The pre trip planning and follow up from the concierge made our whole experience so easy and the experience met all or exceeded our expectations! We would definitely recommend this hotel!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Navigator65458329565,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Fairmont Chateau Whistler! We are thrilled to hear that your first stay with us exceeded your expectations! it is wonderful to know that our team was able to help plan such a wonderful vacation for your family and we look forward to welcoming you back with us in the future!

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

We have been to Whistler many times, so thought we would give the Blackcomb location a try. We missed the buzz of being in Central Whistler, even though it is only a ten minute walk to whistler from the hotel.

The rooms are pretty much what you would get in other top hotels in Whistler, except the beds are really uncomfortable and the furniture looks like it needs modernising soon.

It was nice to have the pool area for my son to play in after skiing. At occasions it becomes very busy and there are dressing gowns and towels left everywhere, on every chair, window sill and table! It makes the whole place seem very untidy. Kids are allowed drinks in the pool and I watched one child empty some of their blackcurrant smoothie into the pool and another spill their coca cola into the pool! People were allowed to walk around the indoor pool area in their outdoor shoes. It just made me feel that the pool area was not clean.

The snowboard storage did not feel very safe. They did not have any storage lockers. We have expensive equipment and I was told to leave it on the racks outside until they bring it in at the end of the day. Didn't feel comfortable with this, so ended up putting it in the snowboard bag and bringing it back to the room every night.

There is plenty of space to relax, enjoy a drink and nice places to eat. They have definitely got this right.

I would stay again but the price would have to be right to justify some of these inconveniences.

Trip type: Traveled with family
ChateauWhistler, Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Dear dj_lovesholidays,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay, we appreciate you sharing your feedback both positive and constructive.

It is disappointing to read that your stay has fallen below expectations due to a number of concerns that you faced, ranging from the ski valet service to etiquette in the health club facilities. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort that these caused you during your stay, and further more for the poor impression this left you with. Please be assured that we have shared your experience with our Executive Team for further review.

If you wish like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at chateauwhistlerresort@fairmont.com, and a member of our team will be able to assist you. Once again, thank you for bringing your experience forward, we do hope to welcome you back for another stay in the future.

Reviewed April 5, 2019

Having unexpectedly spent several nights at the Fairmont Chateau recently, I'm writing my first ever TripAdvisor review to compliment this great hotel and the service I received from the staff working there.

I was on holiday with 5 friends from London and unfortunately had a big skiing accident, which meant that I was unable to fly home with them as planned. My insurance company arranged for me to stay here for 3 days, while I recovered a little from my fractured pelvis.

During my stay, I met many of the staff and they were all warm, friendly and helpful. They included Zoe, Katherine and Savannah at the Front Desk, Becky, Dave and Tim at the Spa and Aoife, Caitlyn, Candace and chef, Nawal, at the Wildflower Restaurant.

I enjoyed a fabulous meal at the restaurant on my final night. Amanda did a fantastic job in looking after me and was very entertaining. The food was delicious and I explained to Amanda that the fantastic steak was only just pipped, as the best I've ever had, by one at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant at the Hilton Dubai Creek Hotel, some 14 years previously !

Last week, I wrote a complimentary email to the MD explaining that he should be very proud of the staff working at the Hotel. They are a great bunch of people, they all do a fantastic job and made this particular injured guest feel incredibly welcome and cared for.

This morning I received an email from the Hotel with the following picture attached.

What a lovely gesture and it certainly made my day !

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
ChateauWhistler, Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Dear Biffo24,

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review of your recent stay with Fairmont Chateau Whistler! We are very sorry to hear that your time on the mountain was cut short due to an injury. It is wonderful to know that your time with us was nothing short of excellent, despite the challenges you were facing at the time. We are thrilled to read that you found our staff to be so friendly and accommodating during your time with us. We will be sure to share your warm sentiments back the team in recognition of their efforts.

Thank you once again for sharing your review! We can't wait to welcome you back with us for another visit in the near future!

Reviewed April 3, 2019

Amazing room with nice view.. comfortable beds... great staff.
Enjoyed the spa and the pool.. had the perfect weather. Felt like a summer getaway in March! Skiing was great and super convenient from the hotel.... Breakfast was excellent as far as the variety in the are of the upper Village.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
ChateauWhistler, Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

Dear Lionel W,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Fairmont Chateau Whistler. It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your experience with us, and had an excellent spring skiing getaway in Whistler!

On behalf of the Fairmont Team, thank you for sharing your review and we look forward to welcoming your back for your next visit.