Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
  • Breakfast included
3,734 results
All reviewsmallard loungegold floorwildflower restauranthealth clubblackcomb mountainupper villagebeautiful hotelski valetslope sidehot chocolateself parkingvalet servicesteam roomend of the dayapres skioutdoor poolfour seasons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2009

Admittedly, we were a low-margin customer as we had booked a $99 rate. But we had a very nice stay on our first trip ever to Whistler...

As Fairmont Presidents Club members, the hotel sent an email a week before confirming our stay and inviting any questions beforehand. I sent a quick note back alerting them our dog would be joining us. (They charge $25 CAD (per night?) for a dog of ANY size.)

We pulled up to the hotel and the $27 CAD/night self-parking was full, so we had to valet for $32 CAD. Oh well, not the end of the world. On the upside, the valet checked us in right at the curb and was handing us the keys by the time we'd pulled our bags out of the car. So that was really fantastic stuff.

We walked into a more spacious than expected room, and our dog was excited to see a big bed and bowl on the floor waiting for him. Brilliant.

All the services I could have asked for without ever having to ask. Will definitely stay here the next time we find ourselves up in Whistler.

Reviewed March 7, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Fairmount for a weekend ski trip. We were lucky enough to get the $99 CAD deal they are currently offering. The hotel is very impressive in size and the ski in -ski out amenities are amazing. The ski concierge is fantastic. We did not use the hot pools as they were always very busy and noisy. I would have to agree with other reviews and say that the hotel is looking tired around the edges. Our room was very small and the decor just a little tired looking. The room was relatively clean, but when you find bodily hairs in your bathroom that do not belong to yourself or your husband, it is a little off putting. For the entire time we were there, we did not come into contact with any staff member once we had checked in, staff were always busy with other guests. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing. The hotel is very popular, if you go on the basis of the number of people there (but it is a very large hotel). At the end of the day, you can't deny that the ski facilities they are amazing. However the hotel is too large to provide a personal service for all its guests. Would I recommend this place to friends? For the price we paid, it's not too bad. However as discussed between my husband and I, we would have been feeling ripped off if we had paid full price for the stay. Our friend did ask if she should book the hotel for her mother as a special birthday treat using the $99 CAD deal in June. I said no. Not for a special occasion, as you could get a luxury room else where for an extra $50. At the same time I did say to her that, at that price it's worth going just for a place to stay. Leaving the Fairmount, we had conflicted feelings. The hotel did not do anything wrong, but we left feeling a little let down. It did not offer us any more than a bed and ski facilities to hang up our skis. Had it been a fantastic stay, we would not hesitate to return. Romantic, personal and intimate, it is not. Good ski facilities, efficient service, lots of guests and busy, yes it is. Would I recommend you to stay here? I would say it depends on what you want from a hotel.

Reviewed February 15, 2009

I wonder how a hotel so grand in scale manages to be so delightfully cozy on the inside! Our room was fantastic—lush bedding, comfortable seating area, and fantastic mountain view. The restaurants in the hotel have excellent food. I can particularly recommend the bar, which has a large cocktail list including several specialty drinks. The concierge was very helpful in recommending activities to do at Whistler, as the mountain was closed to skiers due to lack of snow.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 14, 2009

We chose the Fairmont mainly for the ski-in-ski-out location, not expecting that we would be pampered and spoiled every inch of the way. We arrived at 9:30 AM, asking the concierge to store our luggage until our room was ready. To our pleasant surprise we were able to check in right then and there, enabling my husband to have a full day of skiing. The ski valet makes everything so easy; they store your street shoes while you're on the slopes, then store your skis and boots overnight afterwards. You literally can put your skis on right outside the hotel and ski to the nearby chairlift. The room had all the amenities you would expect. Large bathroom, comfy bed, sofa and wireless internet. The only drawback in the room was the antiquated TV. Service throughout was superb. Pricewise they are over the top: We paid $52 for 2 martinis at the Mallard lounge. Dinner at the Wildflower was so-so, not what you would expect in a hotel of this caliber. But they made more than up with the excellent facilities of the spa and pool area. Sitting in one of 3 outside hot tubs with a view of the mountains, having drinks served poolside was a treat. The sauna, eucalyptus steam room and luxurious shower area was just great after a day on the slopes. A truly memorable experience overall.

Reviewed January 13, 2009

Service was great. Courteous and super friendly staff. They respond to any requests in a matter of minutes.

Decor- I know Fairmont hotels go for the "traditional look" but I found everything was just too old. Furniture and carpet looked worn out. The wallpaper needs to be updated. Coffee maker looked like it was one of the first invented.
Our fridge was not working so I requested it to be replaced (so we can store water and drinks), they happily brought in a new fridge and put it on top of the table. Then it turned out it was also broken, so we had 2 broken fridges in the room until I called again to get it replaced.
No wireless web but cable internet for $15/day. I suggest you sign up and become a member of their "President's Club" to get free internet. It's free to sign up anyway.
Location is 10mins walk from the village or take their shuttle. It's not convenient for bar and restaurant goers. But great for Blackcomb skiers because it is just right behind the hotel.

I think this hotel is overpriced for what it's worth. I know the hotel is going for the traditional look and service. But I think you can get the same type of service, but with modern style, wireless web at other 5 star hotels. ie. Westin Hotel. Great service and nicer rooms. It is located at the village for the bar and restaurant goers and close to Whistler mountain for skiers. Or take the gondola from here to go to Blackcomb.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)