“Fabulous Fairmont Gold - Staff, Service & Accommodations”

Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersGold level
British Columbia
“Fabulous Fairmont Gold - Staff, Service & Accommodations”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband & I decided to treat ourselves and stay at the hotel's Gold floor (8th floor) for our visit to Whistler on May 17-19, 2013. What an amazing stay! The exclusive personalized service, upgraded amenities, lounge breakfast & evening appetizers and other privileges aims in helping you to de-stress very quickly and it does. Well worth the rate! The staff are fabulous: courteous, professional, helpful & genuinely sincere in assisting your needs. The food quality & presentation was outstanding & the room itself was very comfortable with a details one would never expect (night light in the bathroom!). After this stay, we decided to now only stay with the Fairmont Gold Floor.
Newly Converted Fairmont Fans!

2 Thank wansharp
ChateauWhistler, Front Office Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Mrs. Wan-Sharp,

Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler. I am thrilled you enjoyed your experience on Fairmont Gold, and I will be sure to pass along your glowing review to our team. It is great to hear your comments on our Gold level amenities and service. I hope you enjoyed the daily deluxe continental breakfast in the Gold Lounge as we recently enhanced the offerings to include a greater variety of hot & cold items.

We hope you are able to return to Whistler soon, and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to Fairmont Gold!

Director of Front Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Coquitlam
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I thought this hotel had everything and now I know they do. I asked to borrow a little shoe polish and it was given to me! Note there is no parking at the fabulous golf course. However the hotel shuttle is always available.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel for the May long weekend. We had a wonderful time, (the weather could have been a bit warmer, but out of everyone's control) Our room was nice and spacious. Very clean, and everything in good working condition. The staff, from the concierge to the housekeeping were professional and very approachable.
The pool deck is lovely.
We will look forward to returning.
The only thing I resent is $35.00 for parking daily and no free wireless, even in the lobby. Charge if you must in the rooms, but have a "free" area somewhere in the hotel.
Thank you!

2 Thank Mantraray
ChateauWhistler, Front Office Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback on your stay with us over May long weekend. It is wonderful to hear your comments on our service and amenities, and I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our teams. I hope you were able to explore Whistler Village and partake in the long weekend festivities.

As a member of our Fairmont President’s Club program, high speed internet and WIFI access is complimentary in your guestroom and throughout the hotel. FPC enrollment is free and only takes a few moments. Additional membership benefits include daily newspaper delivery, Fairmont Fit, and personalized room preferences.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Whistler soon!

West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2013

It's my first time to stay at Fairmont Chateau in Whistler, all the times before I was at Four seasons. To be honest, I still prefer four seasons. The hotel had amazing news but the service was super super slow. I have asked for one adult bath robe and one kid bath robe. i have called the service about 3 times to confirm that the bath robes are coming in our way. The server did politely reply that it will only take 10 more minutes. Instead, I have waited for one whole hour before the items arrived. My kid has already finished swimming..and because i was waiting for the bath robes, I did not even get to swim. On the other hand, dinner at the Grill is absolutely recommended! The food are amazing, and there are some unique things added to it. The breakfast was not as much appreciated..the food was ok but it's very average, nothing special. Overall, I experienced some ups and downs in the hotel, I give it a three star.

Room Tip: Expect the services to be late.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LillianXu
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is an extremely nice hotel. It has all of the luxuries associated with its 4 star rating, however, when I'm paying upwards of $250 per night I would expect they could be a bit more reasonable on some of the services they provide. For example, this hotel charges $14 PER DAY to use the wifi in your room. A pay per view movie costs $18, and - when their parking lot is full, and they don't have enough parking for all of the guests of their hotel - you have to valet your car for $40!! All of this seems absolutely outrages! It's a nice place but the ways in which they gouge the guests for these services is highly disappointing. I know that I wont be staying here again and I will be telling everyone I know how stingy they are!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Dabson
ChateauWhistler, Front Office Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Dabson,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us at the hotel. Our apologies you were not aware of our loyalty program for Fairmont guests. As a member of our Fairmont President’s Club program, you will receive complimentary high speed internet and WIFI access for the duration of your stay. FPC enrollment is free and only takes several minutes. Additional membership benefits include daily newspaper delivery, Fairmont Fit, and personalized room preferences.

We hope you will reconsider our property the next time you are planning a trip to Whistler.

Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We just spent one night at the hotel but we found the room to be very comfortable and the staff accommodating.

I had a good experience at the Vida Spa in the hotel lobby.

My only criticism is that parking is over $30 a night.

Room Tip: I liked the view from our slopeside room overlooking the pool and the chairlift.
1 Thank LovesToTravelCanada
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Our room was fabulous.  We had a corner room with two double beds.  The linens, towels and amenities were of the usual high standard of the Fairmont Group.
The view from our two windows of both Blackcomb Mountain and Whistler Mountain was spectacular.
We had a buffet breakfast at the Wildflower restaurant both mornings and it was delightful.  There was everything anyone could possibly want or need for breakfast.
We had take away lunch from Portabellos which was huge.  Kept half for another time.
Everything about the hotel was spectacular and we even saw some Black Bears.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler. I am so pleased you enjoyed the slopeside views from your guestroom, as well as our buffet breakfast and lunch offerings here at the hotel.

It is fantastic to hear you spotted some black bears during your trip as they are beginning to come out of hibernation.

We hope to welcome you back to Whistler in the near future!