“Excellent , Highly recommended”

Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersGold level
richmond
“Excellent , Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Our second visit to Whistler and booked with Fairmont again, Valet service and bellhop, check in was fast, they were all nice and helpful. they dont have the shuttle to the village in the summer, though its only 5mins drive and they claimed 7 minutes walk, we opted to drive as we were with 2 young children.
This hotel is pet friendly, so you will see a lot of dogs around,
Room was nice as usual, 2 queen bed were big and comfortable. Water pressure and drainage was excellent. Swimming pool with half indoor and half outdoor, with at least 2 hot tub and another pool outside was a great treat for the kids.
The only complaint I have is their shampoo and soap (rose 31) it smelt bad, I recommend they check with the Fairmont Pacific Rim in Vancouver where they get theirs (Miller Harris)
Next time we go back I will bring my own, but thats the only bad thing I have to say about this hotel, WIll go back in the winter time..

1 Thank bulakz
ChateauWhistler, Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We were sorry to read that you did not enjoy the Le Labo Rose 31 product that we feature in our guest bathrooms. Prior to your next stay, please reach out to the Housekeeping Management team at cwrhousekeepingmanagement@fairmont.com. They would be pleased to provide you with an alternative product.

We hope to see you again soon!

The Fairmont Chateau Whistler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hn�uD�
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

First class from check in to check out. I love the room, large king size bed,so comfy and a full four piece bathroom. This location is ideal, the peak to peak is practically outside your door and the Village is a short walk away. On Sunday there is a Farm Market right outside the hotel, lots of excellent local fair.
Special thanks to Stephanie at check in and Kevin in the lounge, your customer service far exceeded our expectations.

Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read about how much of an impact two of our staff members made on your recent stay with us. We will be sure to share your feedback with them both.

Thank you for staying with us!

Delta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

The hotel has the best view in whistler and makes a great get summer get away. We stayed on the 10th floor king size room facing the sky hill. I would say that the room was very nice and clean. The bathrooms are still a little dated but still nice. Our king size bed was very comfy but a little on the too soft side for me,,but hey I still had a great sleep. If you are into pools and hot tubs this is the hotel for you! We didn't get a chance to use them so maybe next time. As for the price,,if you want a great view and some great pools then this is the place for you,,otherwise I would go for something a bit less,,,because there is so many other hotels for less in the summer in whistler. The staff is very friendly.We also ate at The Grill,,food was soooooooo good,,$$$$ but so worth it!

Room Tip: South side rooms top floor sky view,,really nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fountain Valley
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed at the Fairmont Chateau for one night in July on a Rocky Mountaineer package. I was hoping to give the hotel 4 stares, but just could not. The room was extremely comfortable and the hotel nice. Where they fell short was the food. We ate in the Grill there upscale restaurant. My Halibut was so dry I could not eat it and had to wait close to 30 minutes for my tenderloin. This made my husband and then myself to eat separetly. We celebrated my husbands birthday had a nice dessert. I was a bit surprised that they charged us for his desert. The next morning we had the breakfast buffet which was Luke warm at best. Then when checking out I was overcharged. I will admit that the mistakes were corrected I just feel they should not have happened.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on Trip Advisor. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your guest room, however, it was disappointing to learn about your experience in The Grill Room and Wildflower. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your dining experience in greater detail. Our Food and Beverage Management team can be reached at cwrfbheads@fairmont.com.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

This property is fabulous. Beautiful, and with easy access to all the Whistler has to offer. The people were friendly and the accommodations were 5 star great. The rooms were immaculate and well appointed and beautiful. The rooms were very restful after an active day.

2 Thank familytravel4_1
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I love this resort. I like the heritage building Fairmonts as a whole, but this one is one of my favorites. I love the lodge-like lobby, and the LOCATION is just amazing. Right at the foot of the Blackcomb lift.

We were so tired after a day of skiing, we ordered room service. The prices are high, yes, but it was GOOD and there was lots of it. Portions were generous, timing was pretty fast, and was overall a good experience.

The rooms are nice. We opted for a room facing away from the mountain, as it wasn't a priority to have a view. Quite spacious, the bathroom is clean, everything is updated and chic.

As always, the service in the lobby (front desk, bellman, concierge) is fabulous.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank tsukikage
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights on business. The room I was in was very spacious with two queen sized beds and a desk and arm chair, far more space than one person needs. The service was great, I had to call down to the front desk for foam pillows and they were delivered to my room within about 10 minutes. If you're allergic to feathers, I would suggest letting them know ahead of time. All the pillows and duvet had feathers, although there was a blanket in the closet and I'm fine as long as my pillows aren't feathers. The bathroom was also large with nice amenities and the bathrobes were also very comfortable.

I could write an entire review on the beds alone. I have a tempurpedic mattress at home and always miss it when I travel. Not this time, the beds are very comfortable and I had a great night's sleep each night.

I was staying with a large number of people so we were segregated on the Woodlands Terrace for breakfast and lunch. The terrace is lovely but it can get quite hot under the tent, if you're planning a wedding at the height of summer, keep that in mind.

The location is fantastic. It is a short walk (about 10-15 minutes) away from the lower village where all the shops, restaurants and bars are so you're very close but far enough away for some peace and quiet too.

Unfortunately there wasn't any time to try out the pool or other amenities but I was told they are very nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JnTTravelots
Dear Guest,

We were pleased to read that you did not miss your bed at home while you were staying with us. If you haven't already, please visit the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts website to join our loyalty program, Fairmont President's Club. This will ensure that your foam request is met prior to your arrival each time you stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.