“One of our best experiences!”

Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Kirkland, Washington
“One of our best experiences!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of our 3-night stay. Great value (we had the early summer special in which the third night was free). Clean, bright, well appointed, and highly efficient use of space--one bedroom suite was perfect for a family of 4. Inviting atmosphere, with friendly, helpful, but not obtrusive, service. Loved the pool and hot tubs. Cannot beat the location in the village, with beautiful views of surrounding moutons. Have stayed at 5 or 6 accommodations in Whistler, and this one is definitely our favorite. Will be back.

Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

1 Thank stevenc79
Ashley M, Manager at Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for kindly sharing your recent experiences from your stay in resort.

I am absolutely thrilled that you found the well-appointed suite to your family's liking and that you all got to enjoy our pool and hot tubs with their amazing views of the surrounding mountains and that our convenient location all worked so well for you all.

Hopefully you'll be in touch soon so that we may assist you with your next trip and the team can welcome you back.

Warm regards from the Pan Pacific Whistler Team.

Ashley McMillan - Guest Experience Manager - Pan Pacific Whistler - ashley.mcmillan@panpacific.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I've never had a bad stay at this hotel! Booked the BC residents rate, which was a screaming good deal. When we checked in, we were upgraded to a higher floor by a very friendly and welcoming front desk agent, who also parked the vehicle we came up in. Great one-bedroom suite, with a super-comfy bed, and a balcony that looked out to Blackcomb. Our room was super-clean, so kudos to housekeeping because sometimes that's hard to find in Whistler. All I can say is, we'll be back for SURE!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you kindly for sharing your recent trip experiences with us on your recent stay.

We are thrilled that you keep coming back and that we were able to take such good care of you and even provide a complimentary upgrade on this occasion.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards from Whistler,

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is the Second year in a Row we stayed at this Incredible Hotel During the BC Bike Race.We love this Hotel and really enjoy the view from our Room as we Look down on the Action at the Bike Park.Very Nice Hotel in the Center of all the action walking Distance to everything.Highly recommend this Hotel and will be back next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ashley M, Manager at Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Hi Ron,

Thank you kindly for your review.

We were only too pleased to welcome you back for your stay during the BC bike race and we're thrilled that you continue to enjoy the amazing views and our convenient location and proximity to everything that is Whistler.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Best regards from the team here in Whistler.

Richmond, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2014

It's been a while since I've stayed at Whistler for several days. Usually make day trips from Richmond. I was quite happy with the hotel choice I made. Had such a good experience with the Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside. It was easy to book online. Got a good rate. When my reservations were made, I was contacted by the hotel offering if they can book tickets, tours, etc. for me before I made my trip to Whistler. Needed information and dinner reservations before going to Whistler and they helped me. Even before I got there, they were already very helpful. When I got to Whistler and checked-in, they were really nice and welcoming and very helpful too. The staff was great. Everyone from bell men to the front desk to housekeeping, etc. were really nice. Made me feel very much at home. The rooms were comfy and everything that I was looking for. I enjoyed that we had a kitchenette. Location is great. The Whistler gondola is just across from the hotel and everything is pretty much walking distance. I truly enjoyed my stay at the Pan Pacific. What made my stay extra special and enjoyable were the staff. They were super. Plan to go back again next year when the new gondolas come and hopefully the staff will still be that great. Highly recommend this hotel if you plan on visiting Whistler and staying there for a few days.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank antoniod506
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent trip experiences

I am so pleased to read that everything from your pre-arrival experience through to your time with us was made easy and you were made to feel at home.

We were only too pleased to assist you and help make your stay a memorable one and the fact that everything from our convenient location and in-suite amenities were to your liking makes your feedback all the more rewarding.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Warm regards from all at Pan Pacific Whistler

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at the Pan Pacific Mountainside for a week this summer. We had a 2 bedroom suite which fit all 6 (4 kids) of us perfectly. Clean, nicely decorated rooms. Full kitchen which we didn't use since I don't like to cook while on vacation but it was useful for breakfast.
The location was the biggest draw. 5 boys riding downhill mtb all day and they could roll out the door to the lift. They would come back for lunch and pool time and then head back out. Big shout out to the bellmen who were quick and friendly while constantly checking in/out our 6 bikes!
My one and only critique of the hotel is that there is no pool side service. When I am on my vacation, I don't want to go to the store. I love to sit by the pool, watch the mountain bikers/ bears play on the hill while enjoying a nice cocktail and some food.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ashley M, Manager at Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear guest.

We are so pleased that your family thoroughly enjoyed themselves whilst in resort with us.
It seems that the large two bedroom suite and the hotels' amenities and proximity to everything good appealed to your family's vacation preferences and it sounds like you may have needed to access the laundry facilities with 5 boys mountain biking all day every day...

Your comments regarding the poolside service have certainly been noted and whilst at present we don't have a license for such service, as always, this is food for thought (no pun intended).

We shall look forward to hopefully welcoming you all back someday soon.

Warm regards from the Pan Pacific Whistler team,

Sedona, Ariona
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The only caveat to choosing this hotel, (and I do not blame the receptionist who checked us in) is that we are 68 and 70. We travel the world because I'm constantly doing book research for my next fiction book. We go to upscale hotels because we get PEACE and QUIET. Quiet because I'm working on a manuscript deadline for my editor at my publishing house. We had come to Whistler because I was doing on-the-job research because I'll be setting a book here and I have to get the details correct.

I don't believe the young man at the desk realized we were put on floor 3 directly in line with the swimming pool of laughing, screaming, happy children. I have nothing against children. I blame the hotel for the design of Pan Pacific Mountainside, a very poor architect's design wherein the 'wings' of the hotel embrace the pool area, floor 3 through 8, and the sounds are amplified times ten. Even our windows could not keep out the noise and believe me, it was constant noise pollution from the time we checked in around 1pm to 11pm that night.

We go to bed at 10 pm. I called the front desk and explained about the ongoing, nonstop noise and the gal asked if we'd like to move. I said yes. Unfortunately, the woman at the front desk gave us the 8th floor over the swimming pool area instead of moving us to the OTHER SIDE of the hotel where there could be peace and quiet. She knew the issue before she gave us that 8th floor/mountain side room. She called us after we got moved from 3rd floor to 8th floor. She asked about the noise. I said it was less, but still there and a constant. It was THEN that she asked if we'd like to move a THIRD TIME to the other side of the hotel.

Now, a smart person at the desk would have moved us across the hotel to give us what we paid for $400+ for one night. I was so tired and exhausted, that I had no energy to move a 3rd time. I said no, we'll put up with it. She then said, "You know this is a child-friendly hotel." I said no, I didn't know that, but I got it. What I wanted to tell her is that Pan Pacific is NOT an ELDERLY FRIENDLY HOTEL judging by how our situation was handled.

I will warn people of our age group, who are looking for peace and quiet, to avoid this hotel at all costs. We had a terrible night's sleep because we were stressed out, moved around and the situation was not resolved unless we wanted to pack up a THIRD time, and get moved again. That's just ridiculous.

Or if you have to stay at it? Do NOT allow the receptionist place you on the "mountain side" because that's where the pool and the noise is at from 11am to 11pm every night. The windows for this hotel are of poor quality and noise floats through really well.

However, if you're a family and have kids, this is the place for you! Enjoy it. Pan Pacific throws out the welcome mat for sure.

The first room, third floor, which was a suite, was good. But when we moved to our second room, Room 819, the bedroom door was always hanging ajar. You had to push it back to get through it every time you came in or went out of the room.

We had room service and found it excellent. Food was hot, well presented and the server friendly.

The amenities were excellent. The room was clean and modern. And it's ashamed because if we didn't have to deal with the nonstop noise, we could have truly appreciated this hotel. One of my personal requirements is that a hotel MUST be quiet. Otherwise, why stay there? Life's too short.

Room Tip: Do not allow the receptionist to give you a room on the "mountain side" of the hotel--that...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Lindsay M
Dear valued guest.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest and sincere feedback. It is truly appreciated and as with all feedback, we can only learn from it - good and bad.

I am pleased of course to see that you did appreciate the hotel and it's amenities and found the suite generally to your liking.

Naturally though I am saddened to see that what was certainly no doubt meant as a genuine intention to provide a great room and experience in our poolside mountain view suite, which are usually considered to be our premium suites, turn out to be a mishandled turn of events.

I wouldn't wish to speculate at this stage as to why the second room type was considered for you, other than to say that higher up floors are usually preferred, but I would love the opportunity to discuss any of your findings in more details to perhaps better understand the root of the issues and where our learning should be moving forward.

We certainly do not discriminate against anyone and although we are family friendly, we also wish to continually set the bar high with our attention to guest service and ensuring that everyone leaves with nothing but fond memories of their time with us in resort.

Thank you once again for your comments which rest assured have been shared with our team and please don't hesitate to contact myself directly or any of our team if we can assist you any further or if you wish to discuss the details of your stay in more depth.

Yours sincerely,

Ashley McMillan - Guest Experience Manager - Pan Pacific Whistler -ashley.mcmillan@panpacific.com
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I think this hotel has the best location in Whistler. Our room looked over the village and several of the main lifts to both Whistler and Blackcomb mountains. We had a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen and a living room with a pull out couch for our kids. The views from our room were amazing! We were there on Canada Day and had a perfect view of the fireworks from the hotel pool. The service was great and everyone was friendly. If we visit Whistler again, we will stay at the Pan Pacific Mountainside!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the top floor that have the larger windows. If you look at their website you can s...
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent trip experiences over the long Canada day weekend and festivities.

We are thrilled that you so enjoyed your suite, its amenities and the amazing views you were fortunate to take in - especially with the added bonus of the fireworks display.

We hope to be able to welcome you back should you ever be in Whistler again.

Best regards,