Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

from $141.84
More Info
from $142.29
More Info
All reviews rainbow trout great morning awesome experience matt gear techniques species knowledge releasing scenery snow
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2020

We call Queensland Australia home so when we visited Whistler in Canada for our first White Christmas we wanted to really do things we would never get to do at home! Matt picked us up from our hotel in Whistler Village, made sure we had our fishing licences done, provided great boots for walking on the lake without falling on our faces lol, and provided great expertise, commentary and instruction for our Ice Fishing Adventure! We caught plenty of Rainbows and even a Cut Throat Trout on our trip. We got to take great photos too as it was Christmas with Matt's Christmas hats on :) loved every moment and would definitely go again! If you are thinking about doing this, JUST DO IT!

Reviewed January 1, 2020

We booked the ice fishing and due to the very late Winter weather this year, unfortunately there wasn't enough ice to fish on. Matt ensured us we would have an enjoyable fishing trip, none the less and we were not disappointed!

He was very helpful and informative about fishing and the area. The gear supplied and the service was fantastic (a mat and chairs to sit on while we changed into our boots - very thoughtful)
The locations were varied and we made a few great catches (despite neither of us knowing anything about fishing or being very good tbh) Matt was very patient, knowledgable and good fun, we had a super time!

Would highly recommend. Thanks Matt!

Reviewed December 29, 2019

Started out with early pick up and background to the location. Matt was on point, passionate and knowledgable; showing alot of care ofr the enviroment and the fish. Lost Lake was a stunning location with 5inches thick of ice set for a great days fishing. We started with a short breifing and discussion on technique then we were off.
Beginning in some pre-drilled holes we were on to fish within 20min. Trout were between 15-25cm. Alot of fun on tiny 4lb gear. We also had a chance to drill our own holes. I caught 4 and the group of three all landed about the same each. Guide mentioned that it was good day. The use of the fish finder was awesome.
Would advise that you bring a snack and bottle of water with you in a small back pack. Everything else is provided. Great tour guide and well worth the money.

Reviewed November 17, 2019

My son and I spent an awesome morning fishing with Matt back in August. Both of us have very limited experience. When I called to schedule the trip, Matt provided an excellent overview and had great suggestions to ensure we would enjoy the fishing. On the day of the trip, he was waiting for us in the lobby of our hotel bright and early. He supplied all of the gear - including waders and shoes for my 9 year old son. He took us to a beautiful spot where we had an amazing time for 3+ hours of fishing. Definitely recommended. Thanks Matt!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed October 20, 2019

My wife and had a morning available for some flyfishing while visiting in Whistler as part of the Rocky Mountaineer trip we were on. I was a bit concerned with the timing and being back in time, but our guide Matthew was at our hotel a bit early and we were on the road to some fishing in Squamish. The trip was spent talking about our experience level and any specifics we were looking for. I’m a very experienced flyfisher, but my wife is not and was more interested in spin casting. Once we arrived, he had all the equipment necessary for both of us to do the type fishing we preferred. The waders and shoes all fit great and were donned quickly. A short hike put us to the river with an unexpected guest, a black bear who also liked the area the Matthew had test fished the day before. Because of the prior day’s test, he knew exactly where to put my wife on the stream. It took a couple of short moves on the stream but finally found the right spot and managed to catch 5 pink salmon, lost 3 more during the battles, and managed to hook but loose a Coho salmon. Matthew did a great job helping my wife with technique but was quick to head my way to help land any fish I caught. He did a great job with us both and was prompt to let us know when it was time to head back to Whistler to the hotel. He put us back right on time to be able to clean up and head to the train. Matthew was a great guide, answered all our questions, gave us history of the area, everything you look for in a guide. Highly recommend that if you’re in the area, you can’t go wrong with Matthew.

Date of experience: October 2019