“Mountain views from Mountain Star”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whistler
Mountain Star by Aloha Whistler
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at Mountain Star 15 and found it ideal for a family stay at Whistler. The Mountain Star complex is at 4894 Painted Cliff Rd (see Google Earth) and the one we stayed at was one half of a duplex which they all seem to be. This meant we were spread over 3 floors with the bedroom on the top floor being very roomy with the two bedrooms on the ground floor being a little cramped. Also you hope you have quiet neighbours which we did. The lounge/dining room/kitchen is on the middle floor and has all mod cons. If you are a FTT (Frequent Toilet Traveller) like me you going to get a lot of exercise going up and down a lot of stairs - good for the leg muscles for skiing I suppose. The hot tub was a hit and also the gas fireplace was soothing in the evening. The shuttle is at the end of the street and runs frequently and if you have some groceries from the IGA a $10 cab ride will get you home. My only gripes were that there was no info on the appliances - took some time to realise that the stove was in ºF and not ºC - so much for metrics in Canada! Also the IGA food looked very cheap in per pounds! The guide button pn the remote worked once then it was memorise the channels - a list of channels would be nice.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lockie

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Late booking (my fault) combined with a resort which was very busy with "tough mudders" limited our choice to this townhouse which was very comfortable but quite a way out of town. The shuttle bus was efficient, which made the location bearable but the "tough mudders" next door were noisy late into the night (morning actually) which spoiled what would have been a quiet location. The townhouse was well equipped and ideal for families or larger groups.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Winchester, Virginia, USA
Reviewed April 13, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My best friend and I went up for my birthday weekend and stayed in unit 3 of Mountain Star. We loved loved loved it. Everything was clean, comfortable and luxurious! We loved having a private driveway to the building, and for the whole stay the area was quiet and peaceful.

As soon as you walk in, there is a bench so you can take your skis off and a closet to hang up your coats. The bottom floor houses 2 bedrooms, (one with a queen sized bed, one with bunk beds) a stackable washer/dryer (which was easy to use, and all ready with laundry detergent and dryer sheets) and a bathroom with a beautiful walk-in shower.

Up the stairs to the kitchen/dining room/living room. Gorgeous slate floors, granite counter tops and stainless appliances, including a dishwasher and a coffee maker! The kitchen had everything that we needed to cook our meals, and I mean EVERYTHING - not only dishes, cutlery and glasses, but pots and pans, spatulas, a garlic press...I could go on! Again, equipped for cleaning up - dish soap, dishwasher detergent, wipes for the counters and wipes for the stovetop. Instruction booklet was left on the fridge for how to use the top-of-the-line stove/oven. Lovely wood floors in the dining room/living room gives the unit a cozy, rustic feel. The living room housed a fireplace, comfy couches and a TV with a DVD player. Just out the back door is a great, private hot tub that looks right out into the wilderness.

Up the stairs again to the top level, and our favourite part of the condo - the king sized bed. My friend and I have never had better sleeps in our lives. Plenty of extra pillows and blankets, as well as an iron and ironing board were housed in a great walk-in closet with plenty of storage. The ensuite bathroom has heated floors (which we took full advantage of) and a beautiful rain shower.

We loved that the unit is really at the end of the road, nice and secluded. Right at the end of the private driveway is a bus stop for a free shuttle down to the Village, although it is only a short walk.

We had such a fantastic, relaxing time here, we highly recommend it to anyone considering staying in Whistler and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kelly D
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We actually stayed 10 days, and had a great time. The unit was clean and beautifully decorated. Beds all seemed like new to me. Full Kitchen (barbeque on the patio) for the nights you want to cook, great oven. granite countertops. 2 person shower on first floor and a deep soaker on the 3rd floor, Heaven to soak in after a round of golf.

It is a short down hill hike to the upper village along the the winter ski out path, and a free bus shuttle back up the mountain.(sorry i am not that athletic that i would walk up the mountain!! but there where lots of people doing it) The free bus to the village is a total plus, we didn't have to pay or look for parking once. It was so easy we often would have breakfast in the unit then zoom to the village for the morning and early afternoon of activities, back for a rest and dinner and then back to the village for street concerts, parties and dessert.

With 3 kids from 19 to 10 the units 3 levels gave us the space and privacy for quiet time and still had a large enough living space if we all wanted to hang together there was room. the kids loved it and Whistler and can't wait to go back.

we will be definitely going back.

One thing we were in Unit #3 but had no dealings with Aloha Whistler, so not sure why this is called Mountair Star by Aloha Whistler. I guess they aren't involved in managing the property any longer. Not surprising from the previous review. I thought the complex looked great and is excellently maintained I would never have guessed it is a eleven year old condo complex.
yaah! private hot tub for the unit!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Shirley_David4ever
Reviewed March 24, 2010

We stayed in Mountain Star #3 in March 2010 - overall I would probably sooner stay somewhere closer to the village and/or cheaper. This was on par with the better places I've stayed at Whistler and close to the most expensive.

The good: despite being one of the furthest properties from the village, the bus system makes it totally reasonable to stay here. "Ski-in / Ski-out" is fine, though you have to ski-out to Blackcomb and once you've skied out, you basically have no choice but to wait for a bus to get back to the lodge. Spacious, pretty, quiet. The heated floors were a nice touch and the private hot tub was a plus. Door code / lock means we didn't have a ton of keys to deal with or potentially lose. In-unit wifi was nice.

The medium: This building looks like it's in the early stages of falling apart. The construction looked like it was no more than a few years old, yet the molding was noticeably shifted in most of the corners.

The bad: My girlfriend and I stayed in the top room, which was luxurious but the king-sized bed slept terribly - mattress probably just needed to be flipped. Some time. The room was stocked with feather pillows and blankets, which are nice and luxurious and all but I'm allergic to feathers. I made do with some other pillows I found, but the rooms should have been stocked with alternates. The downstairs queen apparently was terrible - I take this based on the comments of the friends who were in that room (and the fact I found they moved up to sleep on the couch two of the nights we were there). The third downstairs room is a bunkbed deep in the back of the unit which is built-in to a wall and had almost no natural light.

Mouse traps behind the grill in the fireplace = gross.

Kind of frustrating late attempted late checkout experience, trying to extend my Sunday checkout from 10AM to 11 or noon. I called Saturday night a little after 8PM (apparently that's when the regular office stops taking calls) and they told me I'd have to call back in the morning at 7AM. Couldn't they relay a message and have the office call me? I woke up Sunday at 7AM, called, and was told the office didn't open till 8, but they would call me back. Ugh. They didn't call and by 8:15 I called again and was now told that no, another party would be checking in and we needed to be out by 10. This was annoying and it just seems unlikely that they couldn't ask the staff to shift around the order that the units are cleaned to have accommodated my request.

I don't regret staying here but for the money I would probably not go back.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends