Camped here before the Olympics and thought it was expensive but good facilities. Just took some relatives from California including a 3 year old. When making the reservation we requested a camp site and a yurt if it was close by. We were told that they were close even though on the map they didn't look close. We did mention the 3 year old. Turns out they increased the size of the campground by building a one vehicle only bridge across the river. We were put in the new part which is all manicured, paved lots on the hillside. Nothing like the forest that used to be there. The yurt was not close and the route to it was extremely dangerous with a 3year old.
There is a playground but it was across the single vehicle bridge that has a traffic light. Can you imagine going to stay in a campground in the forest and waiting at a traffic light! We met another family from California who told us BC meant bring cash. And they are not joking. Whistler has become completely out of the reach of a regular family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on forty acres on the banks of Fitzsimmons Creek, Riverside Resort is surrounded by the natural beauty of the mountains yet is only minutes away from all the action and excitment that Whistler has to offer. Featuring fully equipped cozy log cabins, full & partial service RV sites, private walk-in tent sites, serviced multi-use camping sites plus our unique and natural yurts, Riverside Resort offers a variety of accomodations for all seasons and budgets, and the experience of staying close to nature. We look forward to welcoming you to Whistler, and your home away from home at Riverside Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Riverside Resort Whistler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverside Rv Resort & Campground Hotel Whistler
- Riverside Rv Resort And Campground