WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Good Lodging, Phenomenal Skiing, Easy to get to” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stoney Creek Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Whistler
Stoney Creek Resort
Ranked #39 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Lodging, Phenomenal Skiing, Easy to get to”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I just visited the week before Christmas '12 and had a great time. I spent less for lodging here than I have in Aspen, Breckenridge or Tahoe for equal length trips. Also, in those locations I got considerably less desirable and smaller rooms. Usually I'd spend more and get a hotel room -- Here I got a 2 BR condo. So that was a great start...

At this spot you have really easy access to the bus that takes you to lifts for Blackcomb/Whistler. It's right across the street by the "Marketplace". Alternatively you can enjoy the walk, which only takes about 10 minutes (and offered a chance to take great pictures of the village). You get the obvious features, too -- access to heated pool, hot tub, in-unit laundry machine, LCD TV, appliances, dining room, etc...

On a quick tangent, the locks are also key-code activated, so you don't have to carry a key around while you're on the mountain. This came in handy several times.

I only have 2 small complaints from the stay...
1. The indoor parking garage is pretty cramped. Virtually any spot you get is going to be next to a pillar. So if you're taking an SUV there, as you likely will, you're going to be a bit nervous pulling into that spot. There is ample opportunity to grind against the pillar or tap someone else's car. Once I parked it, I left it there until we were ready to go. On the bright side, the indoor parking is free and kept the car safe and not snowed on :D

2. The room decor leaves a bit to be desired. It isn't bad, just won't win a Martha Stewart design competition either. Fairly drab/neutral. Anywho, if that isn't very important to you -- then not a worry. Frankly I feel guilty even complaining about it given that I got such a great deal on the place.

Getting to this resort in Whistler is really easy, too. If you can handle a ticket to Seattle then its easy to rent a car and drive up to Whistler. Took us ~5hrs with snow and high winds. The lodge is right off Sea-to-Sky Highway 99, so just cruise on that all the way from the US/CAN border.

And, of course, there is the skiing aspect.. This place is just absolutely unreal for skiing. I love the other places, but I'd rather take 1 trip to Whistler for the year than 3 trips anywhere else.

-T