“Too many flies” 3 of 5 bubbles

White Spot Restaurant
Ranked #139 of 212 Restaurants in Vernon
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grand Forks, Canada
“Too many flies”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

I met my son and grandson here for lunch. We got there a few minutes before 11am so they weren’t serving the lunch menu yet. My son asked if they could make an exception and offer us the lunch menu. The waitress was quite chippy about it, but finally agreed to check. She came back quite a bit later and said okay, if we waited a few more minutes, we could order from the lunch menu. The flies were just horrible while we waited and while we were eating our meals. They really do need to do something about the flies in the restaurant. Our food was super, as it always is at the White Spot, but the flies were so bad, is was distracting from our good meal.

• Visited August 2014

Canada
“Slowest restaurant in Vernon, BC”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

I've always liked the WhiteSpot restaurant chain in BC but there is something very wrong with the management in the Vernon WhiteSpot. Three of us went in for dinner early at 5 p.m. and the restaurant was almost empty. The waitress took our order and then we waited. An hour later I called her over as she was taking an order to a table behind us that has only been there 10 minutes. She told me that the kitchen filled the orders according to what was already made in the kitchen. The table behind us had ordered hamburgers and we had ordered a wrap, a hamburger and a chicken burger. If I had been on my own I would have insisted our order be paid by by management in the time it took to get to us. As it was I looked a couple of times, while waiting, for a manager and couldn't find him. The food was barely warm when it arrived and my hamburger was dry and didn't even taste like beef. All I could taste was the triple O sauce that they had too much of on it. The people I was with said they'd never go back there again & I can't blame them. Also the air conditioning wasn't working and we were all perspiring by the time we left. When we asked the waitress about the AC she shrugged and said "it's always like this". I won't be returning to this restaurant for a very long time.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank basti0n
Vancouver, Canada
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Upon arriving we were shown to a table by a window. As it was a hot sunny day we asked to be seated at a booth. The young hostess rolled her eyes rudely but did comply.

For here however, the dining experience improved. Our waitress was friendly, polite and very accommodating. My wife ordered a Fritatta which arrived greasy. The waitress politely asked if we would like another one, we declined but she said she would let the kitchen know.

I had ordered tomato juice. When I asked for a refill she came back to the table with 3/4 of a large glass of juice and apologized letting me know there was no charge for the refill.

Food was decent and when we received the bill I was very happy to see that we were not charged for the Frittata, the refill of tomato juice, nor a second glass of orange juice we had ordered.

All in all a pleasant experience.

• Visited July 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“discount”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We where staying at the silver star motel and they had arangments with white spot, boston pizza. and the pantry to give guests a 10% discount. Food is always good here and the service... well that should have been better but...

Visited July 2014
Kelowna, Canada
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

We've been white spot customers for a long time and the Vernon Whitespot is the best. Normally with a burger you get a choice of fries or salad, and if you choose fries you also get coleslaw, and if salad, you get a lonely burger on a big plate and a bowl of salad. For the first time at the Vernon Whitespot we got a salad AND coleslaw! As it should be. Also they had a cherry coke float. Wins all around.

• Visited May 2014