“Consistently Good!”

Ranked #114 of 221 Restaurants in Vernon
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Contrary to recent reviews, we had dinner mid-week at the Vernon Earl's and thoroughly enjoyed it. First of all, we were seated promptly and our server was very friendly and quick to bring our nicely chilled bottle of wine. Very pleased to see this location provides a special selection of Okanagan wines at a good price. We both ordered the rack of ribs which were on special, with Earl's own Warm Potato Salad - so yummy! We planned on having extras so took the remainder home with us for a snack next day. Service was good, food was good and having been to numerous other Earl's locations we were pleased with the consistency this chain offers.

1  Thank echoisland

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went here for lunch on a recommendation from a friend. Best steak in town he said. Wrong he was. The steak the wife ordered was cooked properly but was tough. She knows her steaks and this was below par. Far from the great review my friend said. i had a bacon cheeseburger and was ok with the burger patty part of it. The bacon was so raw l thought they just skin a piece off the pig in the back room. No l did not send the bacon back to be recooked. How dumb would that be. If you can't cook bacon then don't offer it as a bacon cheeseburger.The service was not all that great. The waitress was always somewhere else when needed and it wasn't that busy at all.We had 2 beers and 2 cocktails with our meal. When the bill came for LUNCH and it was $74.00, l nearly fell out of my booth. The lounge side was somewhat quiet and the restaurant side was really noisy. I will never be back here for lunch again and probably couldn't afford to come here for dinner. I could but won't. So save some money and eat elsewhere. Plenty of less expensive places out there that will treat you fair.

1  Thank Chumlee M
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

First of all, we phoned to ask for a reservation and the girl said we wouldn't need one. We get there and they say we have to wait 20 minutes for a place to sit. The place is very loud and crowded so its hard to hear what the person next to you is saying. The waiter poured water all over our table and got our paper menus all wet, and then walked away and forgot to wipe it up. I ordered the burger and it was still raw and pink inside. I got food poisoning and had stomach aches the whole night. The fries were the only best part because I'm pretty sure they came from McDonald's. service is awful and the price is not worth the value. I would highly recommend not coming here.

2  Thank Bailey S
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Our 2nd visit to this restaurant. Try to get at least one meal every time we are in Vernon. We all had excellent meals. Takes a little time to get the food, maybe it is not prefrozen! Again I had the back ribs and this time I was smart and ordered the 1/2 order, still more than enought. They were mouth watering good! Can't wait for our next visit to Vernon and
Earls, nice to see the family also!

1  Thank ronald f
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We have only eaten here a couple times since we moved from GTA. I have to say that both times the food is not up to par and the service is only average. On my second visit, I was not impressed with the Caesar salad I ordered. The romaine has rusted edges like they have been sitting there for days. My husband also ordered a soup and it’s barely warm. Both our main courses were very bland. In fact, the fried halibut was very oily too. Overall, the front end service is ok but the kitchen needs to do their job better.

1  Thank amber w