“Dining in Earl's”

Ranked #76 of 228 Restaurants in Vernon
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Nice place with very elegant waitresses and very enjoyable service. Menu was not very special but the setting excellent. We geard about Earl's on the www and we were not dissapointed.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I went to the new earls with a date for dinner. The atmosphere and service was good. I felt the servers had an attitude even though we were treated fairly they seemed fake. I got the distinct impression that we were paying the high menu prices for the privilege to eat there and not the quality of the food. My burger was terrible. The fries that came with it looked and tasted like they were from a mcdonalds happymeal. Oh but they were served in a fancy stainless dish so that makes it worth it right?

I would never eat there again. This is an average restaurant that is trying to be upscale and snooty, and it doesn't pull it off. The girls are nice eye candy, but that's where the experience starts and ends.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

It was unhurried and we all enjoyed the food - the presentation, the taste and the beautiful view (in spite of all the construction)

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Earls bartender must have been hired for looks and not bar tending knowledge. I ordered a classic dry gin martini and found it overloaded with vermouth. I sent it back. The bartender came to our table, dry vermouth bottle in hand to explain that because I wanted the martini dry she put in lots of dry vermouth because "see the label says dry vermouth.....so do you want even more?" I explained that dry martinis take less vermouth, not more, but was unable to be heard over her loud assertions that she just wanted to make sure I would be happy, that's why she wanted me to see her vermouth bottle, etc. etc. etc. We were quite the centre of attraction for the amusement of other diners. I was given the martini, with less vermouth, however although I ordered a premium brand the gin tasted watered down. Too bad--otherwise the decor is nice and the food palatable.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I can not stand it when the servers think they are doing YOU A FAVOUR by waiting on you. Food is overpriced, small portions, bad service, Earl's Vernon.... WHY BOTHER?

1  Thank mkboy