“Too bad Vernon people are so lame it can only stay open for summer months”

Blue Heron Waterfront Pub And Restaurant
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is the only restaurant/pub in Vernon that is on the lake and it only opens for 5 months of the year because people will not drive 5 minutes to get there. The food is good but I do agree that it is a little overpriced compared to other pubs in town. I think they do that because they are only open a few months of the year and charge a lakeview premium. I have never found the service slow. I know people will say that Alexanders pub is on the water but you can barely see the water unless you are on the deck there and the food is horrible at Alexanders.

Debra88, Manager at Blue Heron Waterfront Pub And Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you for your review, your comment about the reason why we are open for 5 months is correct, we have now gone into a partnership with Bull Dog Restaurant on Silver Star Mountain sharing an Executive Chef and Sous Chef (5 months with us May-Sept then Oct- May on the mountain). We will be reopening May 1 2014, come and join us to check out the new menu.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Blue Heron is a great place to go in summer, you sit on the patio overlooking the marina. Service is good and food is good most of the time. There have been times over the years where service has been extremely slow, however, the last two times I was in there, the service was quite good, I suppose it comes down to what time you go in. Summer on the patio is obviously very busy.

Thanks for your review very much appreciated, positive comments are great to see! We have gone in partnership with Bull Dog Restaurant on Silver Star Mountain, sharing an Executive Chef and Sous Chef, will be opening May 1 2014, come and join us, check out our new menu.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Overpriced bland food. Service slow. Only thing really good is the view. Thank goodness for them they close for the fall and winter seasons.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Our server was unprofessional. She didn't seem engaged in her job or creating the best customer experience she could. Little things like saying you're welcome, can I get you anything else, would you like more water... These make a difference. She was very disconnected. She spilled water from the tray onto my lap when she was reaching across my face. I ordered a BLT. Once it finally came, the tomato slices were so thick that I took them out. My bacon was also charred, so it tasted terrible. I didn't enjoy the food or the staff and I wouldn't return here.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My friend and I popped in for lunch. We were a bit scruffy from having been out on the beach. The food was pretty good, but the service was super slow. It seemed like everyone was focussed on serving the patio crowd. A waitress, I don't know who she was, was very good at reminding our server that we were there. All in all, the food was yummy but not wouldn't go back if I was in a hurry!