“Very pleasant experience”

Ranked #58 of 221 Restaurants in Vernon
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: BX Creek Bar and Grill overlooks our fabulous three-story tropical courtyard and boasts a natural stream running through, it's the perfect setting for a romantic dinner or a casual family meal. Enjoy our diversified menu with something for everyone including succulent steaks, BBQ Ribs, flavourful pastas, house made burgers and daily fresh creations from our culinary team. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will can help you choose the perfect wine from our VQA Okanagan Valley Wine list. Finish your meal with a local favourite Davison Orchards Apple Pie. Your Table is Waiting.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was staying at a different hotel, but came here based on TripAdvisor reviews. It was worth the trip. The tropical courtyard setting was really nice, made me feel I was at a tropical resort. Service was excellent, waiter was very attentive, but not intrusive. I ordered butter chicken, was very pleased with the portion size and the taste. I make butter chicken myself from scratch, and found this one of equal quality. I'm quite a foodie, so when I give a good critique of a dish, it comes with a lot of experience :)
If I am in Vernon again, I would definitely eat here again. And probably stay at this hotel.

There are newer reviews for BX Creek Bar & Grill

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Was looking for a place that would appeal to all of us and be quiet enough for us to talk, and this was the right place. The ambiance of the restaurant and inner courtyard is lovely with the trees and lighting, and the creek running through it. The menu had a good list of choices. The service was great, the food was great, the ambiance and level of noise vs. quiet was just right for an overall pleasant dining experience. Two of us had pad thai noodles, one had fish and chips, and I had the halibut cheeks which came with mashed potatoes and veggies. We were all very pleased with our meals, and the food was plenty enough to fill us up. I would definitely come again.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our granddaughter wanted to eat here due to the park like setting. Our table of six had a selection of the usual foods. From a burger to bread sticks and fish and chips. None of the dinners were adequate. The fries were old and tough. The burger bland. Our waiter was doing his finest, but for a top of the line hotel chain, their chef needs some work. The meal was not cheap, costing $115.00 (including some beer) we expected better..

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The openness or the restaurant tropical trees, river and pools that were a few steps away from the dining area. The sound of the water rushing through the area. However, not to loud to drown the conversation. Great place to visit!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We liked the setting inside the lounge with all the trees and there was lots of room between tables.
The food was excellent and good value for the money we paid however the service was terrible.
When we got to the table one waitress removed the cutlery. Another waitress came to take our order and we waited for close to an hour for our meals. We had to ask for cutlery and napkins.
Another long stretch went by before we saw our waitress and I asked for two regular teas and our bill. The tea came without milk or spoons. I had to get up to get milk from the cashiers area. No apology from the waitress for the poor service. There seems to be a nonchalant air about the waitresses in this hotel. Maybe they don't care about doing a good job to get a good tip. Please do something about training the waitresses or you will lose business. Maybe you don't care!