Lowest prices for your stay
$90
SAVE $16
Expedia.com$74
eDreams$74
Lol.travel$90
All reviews ricky's restaurant western hotels front desk nice place to stay comfortable beds comfortable stay great stay main floor full kitchen silver star stayed one night mini fridge bw lobby suite dishwasher kitchenette
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2014

Our first room had a broken toilet (my husband fixed), no tv reception or internet. They switched us to another room as the lady at the front desk explained that the internet works in some rooms but not others. This is also the situation with the television reception. So the second room had tv reception but no internet. This was hard as it was our only connection with our kids back home. We would have to drive to Tim hortons to get internet. The toilet broke in the second room the day before we checked out, my husband fixed this one too.

The hotel is clean, beds are hard.

Customer service is not a high priority for this hotel. One night i overheard 3 employees who were smoking out front of the hotel laughing about all the complaints that they are gettinig. I don't consider this to be a good representation of a business.Everytime you walk by the front desk all you hear is " i'm sorry, can we switch you to another room"

We were not impressed and even though we talked to the front desk about our issues we did not feel they really cared.

We will not stay here again, I would suggest if you stay, not to want good service or internet access.

Room tip: Spend a bit more and stay somewhere that values your business
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie R
Reviewed October 2, 2014

We were delighted to find this hotel in Vernon. We had booked online for one night, not sure what to expect, but as soon as we arrived we changed our plans so we could stay another night.

The room was lovely: clean, modern, included fridge and microwave, large bathroom, additional sink outside the bathroom, coffee/tea in room, and also available 24 hours in the lobby, TV that worked. The bed was very comfortable and had lots of pillows!

There was some traffic noise as we were on the street side (odd numbered rooms), but it was okay with the windows closed. The rooms on the parking lot side would probably be quieter.

The adjacent restaurant (Ricky's) was very good as well. We look forward to staying here again next time we are in Vernon.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank sallygirl277
Reviewed September 22, 2014

Pros:
- The room was beautiful
- Comfy bed
- Excellent adjoining restaraunt
- Fridge and microwave in room
- Coffee in room
- Free wifi (when it works)
- Easy access to the ice
machine

Cons:
- I called ahead for a quote. I told her that I had a dog w/ me and requested the room total with taxes. She quoted me the room total w/ tax but didn't tell me about the deposit or the dog fee until I reserved the room and got there, then a new, much higher rate was sprung on me. When I told her I was not informed of these additional charges and this new high rate was not what I was quoted her friendly demeanour became icy.
- $150 room deposit!
- $20 pet fee - twice as much as anywhere else.
* I was told the fee was so high for a pet b/c they deep clean the pet rooms after the pets stay, but our room had dried dog poop under the table.
- bad location. Its at the far end, almost outside of town. No where near downtown Vernon so don't expect to go out for the night for some drinks and be able to walk back to your room.
- bathroom door locks you out if you close it behind you (not in the bathroom) - had to jimmy it open
- tv cable reception was so bad you couldn't watch anything.
- wifi seemed fine at night but in the morning, even though I was still connected it wasn't working.
- no pool/ hot tub or continental breakfast.
- neighbouring walls seem to be well insulated but heard everything happening above us all night. Even just people walking the halls or in their room above us.
- loud fridge in room
- lights in bathroom and entryway of the room are very dark

Overall: it's affordable and you do get yor deposit back the next day. But for the same price stay some where that has a hot tub and offers a free breakfast. You might as well! The price of this hotel is no less than anywhere else. So stay somewhere in Vernon w/ a better location and more value for your money.

1  Thank TheoneCyberfox
Reviewed September 17, 2014

We had a wedding in Vernon and needed somewhere to stay. This hotel was a great option. It is located off the main highway / not right downtown / on the lakes or anything - but we found it to be a very convenient, clean, and new option that we quite enjoyed. Obviously if you are looking to be blown away by the beauty that Vernon has to offer and want to stay at more of a resort type place - Sparkling Hill and Predator Ridge are a very different class of hotel that you'd want to look into. But if you just need somewhere nice to sleep - don't need to be on a lake etc... this hotel looked brand new and was a fantastic option. Plus it was incredibly affordable. We found a deal online and got a room for udner $100 after tax and everything. Hard to beat that!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank CMN83
Reviewed September 11, 2014

The rooms are very nice, there is a fridge and a microwave, a desk and a real office type chair and the bed is very comfortable. I had serious difficulty with the internet but apparently that was partly due to new staff (very helpful staff but too new to know all the ins and outs). They tell you to log on with your room number but after eventually logging on via my iPhone (a first for me at a hotel) I found out the next day that if your room number doesn't work, you have to use another room number. That was frustrating. The coffee maker in my room didn't work and the ice machine is just outside the door. People get ice at 12:30 AM and 4:30 AM!

The price is certainly right and I would stay here again but not in 301 (or 401 or 201 if the ice machine is in the same place on those floors. On the other hand, 201 works for internet access.)

The location is a little isolated but the adjacent restaurant (a Rickys) is much better than the typical restaurant co-located with budget hotels.

Room tip: Avoid 301 and other rooms located beside the ice and drink machines.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business