“Bar in Best Western Hotel”

Checkers Bar & Grill
Ranked #81 of 221 Restaurants in Vernon
Good for: Bar scene
Description: This sports bar has 2 Big Screens plus numerous TVs to ensure everyone has the best views of the hottest sports action. Pool Tables, a Dart Lounge, Keno, Texas Holdem and awesome service makes Checkers one of Vernon’s favourites. Traditional Pub Fare is carefully prepared with the highest quality ingredients. Burgers, sandwiches, house made fries and crisp fresh salads will surely satisfy any appetite. “CHECKERS Where Good Times, Come Naturally”.
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I had a chicken ceasar wrap for $12. It was a tasty healthy meal. I washed it down with two cold pints.($4.70/each) I used that $10 coupon they gave me when I booked my room and that made it a really cheap meal.
For the frugal traveler, you could order a decent sandwich at Tim Horton situated across the road for around $7. That is what I did the second night I stayed at this hotel.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

If you are staying in the hotel it is nice to be able to have a beer and a bit to eat as the food is good, but on weekends it can be very noisy in the lobby. There is also the issue that many of the drunks are outside having a smoke, so if you are coming or going or out for a stroll, it can be less then comfortable.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had a couple of pints and nachos. They have a decent selection of draft beers, and the beers were nice and cold. The nachos lacked toppings and cheese, and tasted "dry". As per their own description of the bar, it has TVs all around and it is easy to watch sport.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good beer and good food. Service was fast. Big screens for sports. Staff was friendly and the beer was full.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Was staying at the hotel and wanted to play some Keno & Texas Hold 'Em, so we went down to Checkers! Nice open concept with a ton of TV's, as well as 2 projection screens that were probably 10 X 10 each. Definitely a great spot to watch any sporting event. There was even a group of guys doing there hockey pool, so you know it's a great place to watch sports!

The service was very good! Karen was our server the first night, and even though it seemed busy for a Tuesday, she kept care of us. We came back the next afternoon and Tracy kept our drinks full and gave us a couple of laughs.

The menu had a good variety and wasn't just your typical pub food which is great! We had everything from Dry Ribs to a Braised Lamb Shank.....yep! Lamb Shank in a Pub!!! The vegetables were grilled Red Pepper, Baby Carrot, Asparagus & Corn on the Cob!!! I love the flavour of asparagus when it's grilled and my girlfriend stole my corn!

Ryan the new manager was very nice! He gave us some great info on the hotel and how the maintain the real trees in the courtyard. He should do great with the place.

We'll probably stay at this hotel again because of the pub!....and the hotel is pretty good too!