“Clean and Friendly”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
St-Pierre Jolys, Manitoba
“Clean and Friendly”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to walk into the lobby of the Village Green Hotel in Vernon, BC. The lobby was spacious and beautifully furnished. The wall of windows looks out on a beautifully, cared-for flower garden. The gardener was at work when we arrived. The windows were brilliant and I noticed were cleaned daily. The man at the front desk was friendly and professional. This was our experience with everyone at the front desk during our stay in the hotel. Our room was BIG. This was a huge bonus as we were travelling with our young adult daughters. The sink area was outside the bathroom which was another bonus. The room was spotless and fresh. The beds were fantastic. I was told that all the rooms had new mattresses.
The pool area was also very clean. It is an older pool but the fact that it was so clean made the age of the pool insignificant. The water was warm and the hot tub was HOT! We were provided with great blue and white striped towels to use at the pool meaning we did not have to use our room towels or towels of our own.
Breakfast was not included with our room, which was a slight disadvantage, but I know that some guests received breakfast passes so you would have to inquire about that.
Overall: fantastic! We were in Vernon for a wedding and most of our family stayed at the Best Western. They did not have great things to say about that hotel. I'm glad we went out on a limb and booked the Village Green. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Our room faced the parking lot and it was fine. There was no noise whatsoever. The rooms overlooking...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Utah
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We visited friends and family in Vernon for two weeks in July. The Village Green Hotel has been beautifully renovated. The staff were outstanding. Reasonable room rates and a nice choice from the "value menu" was included for each breakfast. If you choose to stay in a room on the 2-story north side, there is no elevator so you will get a little exercise on the stairs. The south "tower" has a modern elevator to get you to your room. We very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

villagegreenhotel, General Manager at Village Green Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Village Green Hotel guest and Tripadvisor reviewer,

I appreciate your kind comments and consider that after a 2 week stay you definitely know what you are talking about! I do agree, our staff are very special and, quite frankly, are the corner stones on which we have built our business.

Thank you for choosing the Village Green Hotel, we hope to see you again for your next Vernon get away.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were passing through the okanagan on our honeymoon road trip, and couldn't find a hotel or campsite ANYWHERE (August long weekend, didn't plan ahead) this hotel still had a few rooms available, so we figured we would give it a try. The people at the front desk were very nice, and explained everything clearly and effectively. The price was a little higher than average, but the room was very clean, with a nice little patio that opened up to a small pond and fountain (nice touch!) Woke up too late to try the free hot breakfast at the restaurant, but am sure it was better than the usual continental breakfast you'd get at comparable hotels. Overall, very satisfied with our stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor reviewer and Village Green Hotel guest,

Thanks so much for your delightful response, it is comments such as yours that makes our efforts in customer satisfaction so worthwhile. Congratulations on your nuptials and thank you for choosing the Village Green Hotel on your honeymoon road trip.

Canada
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I would have rated this hotel 4/5 except for one difficult oddity of it. There is no elevator. That's not a problem for walking, I'm not lazy or anything, but makes it difficult if you've got any big, heavy suitcases. I just had to opt for opening my big suitcase in the car and taking out a change of clothes for the morning. If you're staying here more than a night, if you don't want to be hauling your suitcases up a flight of stairs, demand a room on the first floor.
Having said that, the room was very clean. The bathroom was spotless. The beds were very comfortable, I had a great sleep.
I was somehow under the impression that there was breakfast included, but there was no sign of it in the morning. I decided to have breakfast in the hotel, which was not good at all. See my review of the restaurant if you're interested.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor if you don't want to carry your luggage upstairs (no elevator...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
villagegreenhotel, General Manager at Village Green Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor member and Village Green Hotel guest,

While I am thrilled that you took the time to review our property, particularly regarding our cleanliness and comfort level, I am disappointed that you did not take the time to voice your concerns about your travel challenges while you were staying with us.

We do have an elevator as we have a tower with 50 rooms accessible via a state of the art elevator. Had we know your preference, we could easily have moved your room to a tower room. And while the vast majority of our rooms are sold including a hot value breakfast, there are some rooms sold via online travel agents that are heavily discounted, and as such, cannot include breakfast; nevertheless, had you asked, we would have been glad to comp a breakfast for you so ensure your satisfaction.

I cannot stress this point more strongly to our traveling public, if you have a travel challenge while staying with us, please voice your concern immediately. Our staff are professionals and trained to ensure that our guests are satisfied with their stay. With regard to this review your room could have been moved to an elevator accessible room; your breakfast could have been comped; and your rate adjusted. Although I appreciated the review; I cannot satisfy your specific concerns after the fact, and in only a general sense, can I implement meaningful change.

I would appreciate it if you can take the time to call me personally at the hotel so that I can find out more about your stay and so that I can institute changes that would be beneficial to our future guests.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Village Green Hotel was a very nice place to stay. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was included in the price of the room, but there were not many choices and it was not flexible. I guess I prefer continental breakfast where I can choose what I want. The food was good and reasonably priced. There is no elevator, which other reviews had mentioned, I guess I thought it would be fixed by the time we got there. We were on the second floor so be prepared to carry your luggage. I'm sure the staff would help if needed. If we ever go back, we would stay at Village Green.

Room Tip: Courtyard was beautiful. It was a nice, quiet room. Getting into the parking lot was a bit of a chal...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
villagegreenhotel, General Manager at Village Green Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor member and Village Green Hotel guest,

I am delighted that you have taken the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. While I understand that the breakfast options may be considered to be limited, we determined that a hot and served breakfast was, by far the preferable choice for most of our travelers. Perhaps we should consider a continental option for those who would prefer that.
I am not sure why you write that we have no elevator or that it is under repair because that is not the case. We have 2 hotel wings with one floor above the other that are not served by any elevator; however, we have a tower with 5 floors that has a state of the art elevator that has not ever been out of service.
Of course we would have been glad to help with the luggage, but we could just as easily selected a room that was serviced by our elevator.......we will have to better inform our guests that an elevator option is available.
The above is a clear and good example of why reviews such as yours are beneficial for evaluating how we communicate our property better to our travelers.

Thank you for choosing the Village Green Hotel!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The room was clean, comfortable and nice and cool. (Vernon's temp was in the high 30's). The staff were friendly, courteous, polite and very helpful. Best of all the 'pet-friendliness' was a ten star experience. If our two Yorkies could write a review they would tell you it's the best private enclosed dog park they have ever visited. Rate it ten PAWS.
Hat's off to everyone, we'd visit Vernon just to stay at the Village Green, have already recommended it to two friends!

Jo-Anne & Glen + Daisy & Duchess

Room Tip: Without the girls we would choose a main floor room with access to the garden off the lobby
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Daisy and Duchess,

My Dad is the General Manager of the Village Green Hotel and he let's me play in the secure pet friendly enclosure all of the time! As a big and burly Lab puppy I love to be able to run and play just as your parents described in their review.

I hope that I will see you the next time you visit........I love to make new friends.........oh and Dad says there are treats at the front desk.......don't forget to ask for some!

Thanks for your review!

Buster the GM's pup

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We enjoyed another relaxing stay at the Village Green. They have done an excellent job with the renovations as the decor in the room, lobby and restaurant is very attractive. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The value breakfast was perfect to start the day. We really like the location of the Village Green - easy access to Silver Star, restaurants, off the main highway, and shopping, etc. of particular note, the Staff is very friendly and service oriented making you feel welcome. We look forward to our return during the upcoming ski season.

Dear TripAdvisor reviewer and Village Green Hotel guest,

I am delighted that your stay with us was terrific and that you wished to convey those important thoughts in your review. We are very proud of our recent renovations and again, are thrilled that they meet with your approval. We will look for you in the winter months.......après ski?

Robert Glattfelder