All reviews hi express presidential suite plastic cutlery minor issue exercise room front desk staff king bed business trip would stay here again breakfast room room was large pool and hot tub great sleep lots of parking british columbia comfortable beds complimentary breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed November 14, 2018

My wife and I were checked into the Holiday Inn Express on Saturday and Sunday 10th and 11th November. Great reception and also upgraded. Very nice all in all with friendly staff. Breakfast okay with Cereal and fruit, but the grease on offer not really our bag.

Room tip: Best rooms on back of hotel away from traffic noise
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Business trip - 1 night stay passing through.

The rooms and lobby were renovated within the last 3 years, everything looks nice!

The beds have new sheets and pillows, that are comfy and perfectly warm. Great sleep.

Breakfast in the morning was great! Lots of options, and a really lovely server who let me know that the food with be changing for the better in the near future, so I should come back and check it out! So friendly.

They have a gym, that someone in my group used and enjoyed.

My only complaints:
1) Carpets should get redone at some point soon
2) The shower head / tap wasn’t that great as half the pressure was 1/2 coming out the bath tap and 1/2 out the shower head.
3) fridge was a touch noisy at night

But truly... no biggy!

Thanks!!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank kskolski
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

Hello Tripaholics,
One thing you can always count on, when I write a review, it’s not B.S. or biased. So here goes ... greeted at that reception desk late Thursday evening by Connie. Found out our room reservation by the wholesaler was a double queen instead of a king. Not to worry, Connie to the rescue. Changed our room to a King, looked up a few answers to questions we had about vernon, gave us our key-cards and we were on our way up to the room. What a surprise when we entered the room, oversized king room, separate sitting area, big bathroom, coffee & mini fridge counter and oversized closet with lots of hangers. Imagine that (lots of hangers) .. yes mama was happy. Gotta tel ya, we we’re both pleasantly surprised. And when mama’s happy, everybody is happy... For the next few nights every time we came to or from in the late afternoon/evening, our star concierge was on deck skippering the property. No Connie is not related, no we have never met her before, and yes she deserves “kudos” for going a little bit more on behalf of the property to make it just that much better for us. Property was clean, quiet and yes we’d stay again. Only complaint was the sink & tub didn’t drain to fast, other than that, it’s 2 thumbs up. There ya go tripaholics, read it, and believe it ...

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

Probably the most run down hotel I’ve stayed in for as long as I can remember.

Booked via trip advisor iOS app when we arrived in Vernon and checked in we here’s someone else being told they’d somehow over booked and were offering people to move to Best Western across the parking lot.

We have a small dog and asked for a quiet room, they allocated us room 101.

Room 101 if you don’t know was a torture chamber in the ministry of love by George Orwell. If I had my way this hotel should be consigned to room 101.

At the front desk we signed a waiver that stated if we smoked on the room there would be a 200 dollar fee applied.

As soon as we walked into room 101 it stunk of cigarette smoke, hang on, a scam we thought and immediately called front desk.

Oh yes, room 101 they said someone had smoked in there a couple of years ago and they couldn’t get rid of the smell......

So from this snippet of information I learned several facts. :-

They knowingly assigned us a room that smelled of cigarette smoke.

Despite the room already smelling of smoke they required us to sign a waiver stating if we smoked in this room there would be a 200 dollar fee.

And we can assume that they charged someone 200 dollars for smoking in room 101 but failed to remove the smell several years ago.

Once in the room after being made to feel sick by the smell of smoke we were equally disgusting and disappointed by the physical condition of room 101.

The wall paper was coming away at seems, the carpet was rippled and looked very dirty, normally you’d take your shoes off in a hotel room, in room 101 leave them on.

There was a stain on one bedside valence that appeared to be human ejeculate, truly gross.

Cupboards and furniture all scratched.

Fridge inside cupboard yellow, probably 20 years old.

Bathroom door, dented and scratched.

Room 101 window, lock damaged and unable to lock securely.

The list goes on, see attached pictures.

One thing is clear, this hotel does not deserve to be the number one hotel in Vernon as trip advisor stated when we booked, I’d go as far to say that it hardly warrants 2 stars and should be in the same category as a Ho Jo’s.

Positives......

One of the front deck staff was friendly (the older lady wasn’t)

Breakfast, basic but didn’t make us ill.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeaGee
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Hello PeaGee,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Vernon, BC, Canada. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Very quick check in, and check out, very nice,clean breakfast area with a good variety of fresh items. Parking is plentiful with easy in and out. Great selection of eateries within walking distance of the Hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018