We go to Vernon 2 or 3 times a year and have tried a number of motels over the years. This is the first time we tried the Holiday Inn Express and we certainly enjoyed it as much as any other motel in Vernon, if not more. The motel has 3 levels with one elevator. The motel is on the corner of the highway, don't expect views of anything other than the parking lot or a field at best. However, this is the newest motel in Vernon. Many of its competitors provide rooms that are tired. Here the rooms are modern and clean. We had to go to the front desk a number of times and each time were treated responsively. The exercise room is tiny 3 machines - treadmill, bike and eliptical trainer; no weights. Haven't see anything better in town. There is a pool that is square and a family pool rather than a lap pool. We had a enjoyable time with the kids. Continental breakfast was excellent for one that was included in the price of the room, but I'm sure one would get tired of it after 3 or 4 days. I would recommend this hotel as an all round enjoyable place to stay.
For meals, good places are Forsters at the Prestige Inn, Eclectic Med, or Earls. Boston Pizza or Pizza Hut ok too. Main street 30th Ave has a great Sushi place across from the Towne theater and good family Italian restaurant across from Scotiabank.
If you're skiing, Silver Star has as good accomodation and restaurants as you will find in Verrnon. Don't bother coming to town unless you need something else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Vernon, BC We invite you to stay in our downtown Vernon hotel, located in the Okanagan Valley near the Swan, Kalamalka and Okanagan lakes. Vernon is a city with golf courses, wineries and casinos, giving you plenty of entertainment options on your upcoming vacation or business trip. When you're looking for Vernon accommodations, the Holiday Inn Express Vernon leads other hotels in amenities and location. You can enjoy our Fitness Centre, hot tub and heated, indoor swimming pool. At our hotel in Vernon, you'll be near attractions like the O'Keefe Ranch, Silver Star Mountain Resort and wineries at Okanagan Valley. With our great features and close location to fun attractions, we're the best among Vernon, BC hotels. If you are a corporate traveler looking for hotels in Vernon, you need look no further. This Holiday Inn Express provides you with two meeting rooms, a Business Centre and free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access in every room and throughout the public areas of the hotel. We invite you to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Vernon, BC, where you can enjoy starting your day with our complimentary Express Start breakfast. With our Business Centre, Fitness Centre and indoor pool, you are sure to have a comfortable and convenient stay at our Vernon hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Vernon
- Holiday Inn Vernon
- Vernon Holiday Inn Express