“no more indian food. its a grill and steakhouse now” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Kelowna, Canada
“no more indian food. its a grill and steakhouse now”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

we went into the palace expecting to order some indian food but found out that is was reopened under new owners and is a grill and steakhouse now. since we were already there ended up ordering calamari, wings, 10 oz steak , panko burger and halibut. the service was superfast, the staff was extremely cordial. Their bar is not fully stocked but we enjoyed the evening with some wine. The food was really good and the steak was cooked to perfection. will definitely be back again

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“A Very Bad Time, Durty Kitchen!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had the worst service last night she was very young with bad serving skills,
The was good but the free Naan Bread is now $3.00 each garlic $3.50 making our bill $9.00 more than we paid before they reopened!!! the restaurant is quite nice and you get used to the smell,
Over All We Will Never Return!

• Visited July 2013
Armstrong, Canada
“Long wait for average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant on a Monday night and it wasn't busy at all and yet it took over 45 minutes to get our appetizers of pakora's. The vegetable pakora were very tasty, the chicken not so much. Between the 3 of us we ordered the curried beef, chicken tandoor and rice, and a tandoori chicken salad. The salad was very typical, just ice berg lettuce with some tomatoes and an oil and vinegar dressing with cold sliced tandoori chicken, the other dishes were also very typical, and for the money not a lot of food. Our bill was $84.00 with just the food as we didn't order drinks, and from the time we were seated to getting our dinner was almost 1 1/2 hrs... for a restaurant that is not busy on a week night that is too long. We won't be back as the food was not worth the wait.

Okanagan Valley
“Would not honor a gift certificate.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

My father-in-law had purchased a gift certificate for us for Christmas. I went in to pick up our order and pay with the gift certificate. I was informed that at some point the previous bar tender had stolen a book of the certificates and they would not honor mine. I asked about their records, did they know what numbers were stolen? They siad no, the record book was also stolen. after 40 minutes of discussion I was turned away. I returned the next day at lunch hour to speak with the manager, they had left the restaurant to go have lunch. After 20 minutes of discussion with the front counter staff I finally got the managers cell number. I called and after 5 minutes was told, in a very blunt manner that they would not honor that certificate and I was out of luck.

I was offended that they implied that this certificate was stolen and that they didn't have better records of what certificates were taken. I went out of my way to talk to the manager and I was still refused as if I was a criminal. I did take it personally that my father-in-law and myself were treated like we stole this certificate and that we were criminals. They will never have my business and I'll do my best to warn others about them.

PS - While I was there, the first time, only one person came in to get pick-up. The lunch hour that I was there, one party of four came in. That's it.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank LukeKD
Kelowna, Canada
“Best Indian food in Vernon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Food is made fresh, you can see the chef. Very tasty Indian food. Love Tandoori and coconut rice. Prices are reasonable. Decor... hummm... did't seem Indian to me. Service was good.

Visited December 2012