“Best Honey In The Okanagan”

Planet Bee Honey Farm & Meadery
Ranked #2 of 51 things to do in Vernon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Planet Bee Honey Farm & Honeymoon Meadery offers an authentic and memorable experience into the world of the industrious honeybee. Learn about the amazing world of the honeybee - or stop by to sample our numerous floral varieties of honey and browse the gift shop. Our Honeymoon Mead, or honeywine, has been produced on site since 2011, and is available for complimentary sampling at the tasting bar. At Planet Bee our mission is to educate people on the importance of the honeybee through sharing their world and amazing products which can enhance our well-being.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I always enjoy going to planet bee. They have the friendliest staff and tastiest honey, it is nice because you can sample the honey before you buy it. My favorite honey is royal jelly honey it tastes good and is good for you. It is also fun to watch the bees making honey. The prices are a bit expensive but you pay for quality. My personally favorite thing to do while I am there is find the queen bee.

1  Thank simon d

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for the info tour and the owner's son, James, answered every question our 11 year old son had! He showed out son the Queen, the larvae and the drones and had a great instructional slide show! Great place to stop!

1  Thank Bikinigirlhawaii
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Love Planet Bee for the varieties of honey they carry at a reasonable price. My favourite is the Lavender.. If you like lavender this is a must. Very therapeutic and relaxing. Second favourite is the All Canadian Maple Honey... The best..
The staff are excellent and the honey and Mead tasting so fun.. I take all my out of town guests there and everyone has a great time.. Great for all ages.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I liked this stop more then I expected. I thought it would be just an other tourist trap, designed to make you buy stuff. But it was actually very interesting. The live hive was so fantastic! The staff explained a lot, and made sure all our questions were answered. The posters were also educational. Learned a lot. We did buy honey, but just a little, since we travel by plane. The staff did not pressure us in buying more and even provided special bubble wrap. How kind. Go there and watch the bees at work!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Have been to Planet Bee twice...first time with my mom, daughter and her friend! We did the 'tour' and all of us found it very interesting!! I know personally I have a whole new respect for a bee!! The mead tasting was fun and delicious and I bought two bottles! Also bought some honey!
Second time was with my husband and parents...and all of us enjoyed it! We didn't do the tour that time, but questions we had were answered! We will definitely be back!