“Lavender Honey - Oh Ya!”

Planet Bee Honey Farm & Meadery
Ranked #2 of 51 things to do in Vernon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Planet Bee Honey Farm & Honeymoon Meadery offers an authentic and memorable experience into the world of the industrious honeybee. Learn about the amazing world of the honeybee - or stop by to sample our numerous floral varieties of honey and browse the gift shop. Our Honeymoon Mead, or honeywine, has been produced on site since 2011, and is available for complimentary sampling at the tasting bar. At Planet Bee our mission is to educate people on the importance of the honeybee through sharing their world and amazing products which can enhance our well-being.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Love Planet Bee for the varieties of honey they carry at a reasonable price. My favourite is the Lavender.. If you like lavender this is a must. Very therapeutic and relaxing. Second favourite is the All Canadian Maple Honey... The best..
The staff are excellent and the honey and Mead tasting so fun.. I take all my out of town guests there and everyone has a great time.. Great for all ages.

There are newer reviews for Planet Bee Honey Farm & Meadery

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I liked this stop more then I expected. I thought it would be just an other tourist trap, designed to make you buy stuff. But it was actually very interesting. The live hive was so fantastic! The staff explained a lot, and made sure all our questions were answered. The posters were also educational. Learned a lot. We did buy honey, but just a little, since we travel by plane. The staff did not pressure us in buying more and even provided special bubble wrap. How kind. Go there and watch the bees at work!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Have been to Planet Bee twice...first time with my mom, daughter and her friend! We did the 'tour' and all of us found it very interesting!! I know personally I have a whole new respect for a bee!! The mead tasting was fun and delicious and I bought two bottles! Also bought some honey!
Second time was with my husband and parents...and all of us enjoyed it! We didn't do the tour that time, but questions we had were answered! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Travelled through vernon and decided to stop at Planet Bee. We did not take the tour as we were pressed for time. We did purchase 2 bottles of mead,` oak & honey rapture` and `apricot elixir`. My husband does not drink wine so when he tried the mead knowing there was`nt a grape in sight he actually enjoyed it. The oak & honey is on the dry side but NOT bitter. We loved the sweeter apricot elixir I will purchase it again and i`m anxious to try the `parad ice berry mead`. If I can get my hubby to drink and enjoy a glass of mead at the dinner table planet bee has been the only place to accomplish this feat. We also purchased a jar of fireweed honey and some honey sticks` yum`. Planet Bee we will be back, as your staff is friendly and helpful and your mead and honey delightful.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I didn't purchase anything from the store but there were lots of different types of honey and other products produced by bees. I didnt purchase because nothing is pasturised, which some people like is more health but I didnt want risk getting sick from non-pasturization.

I learned a lot about bees, hives ect. I didnt know anything before and the staff was happy to answer every one of my questions thoroughly.