“Had a read a former review i mighta been better prepared...”
Review of The Curry Pot

The Curry Pot
Ranked #9 of 221 Restaurants in Vernon
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

not to eat at The Curry Pot. We drove from Kamloops and arrived at approx.1:15ish. The server/hostess confirmed that more food would be put out for the buffet. There was very little food forthcoming from the kitchen. There was scant bread. What food was available, in the mostly empty steam table, was good but, the quantity was most dissapointing (I cannot make a midday meal out of slices of orange and cut up melons). When i mentioned my dissapointment to the server/hostess she merely apologized with an unexplainable though, perhaps, accustomed smile on her face as she pocketed the money. We saw potential guests arrive at 1:40 turned away though the fact that the buffet/steam table was empty is logical. I went away hungry. We had heard about this restaurant in Salmon Arm and i will do my best to contact that referring individual to let them know what a dissapointment lunch was at Curry Pot. Perhaps the server/hostess could have told us that they would only be putting out the merest morsels of food and we might have taken our lunch somewhere's else.

2  Thank smylesVancouver

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my extended family and we thoroughly enjoyed the food, prepared too whatever strength of medium too hot for each diner.
Great service marvellous food if you are in Vernon and looking for this type of food look no further.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

When I arrived in Vernon last week, a friend offered to take me to dinner and when I suggested Indian, he said the best place in town for Indian is the Curry Pot. We were not disappointed.

The Vegetable Samosas were incredible. Fresh, light and lots of taste. The butter chicken was FABULOUS!!! We had our choice of six different spice levels. Medium hot was just spicy enough. Sufficient kick to keep us happy. Not enough to over do it!
Our long grain basmati rice (with cumin seed and rightfully flavoured) was a perfect companion for the butter chicken (broiled, marinated in herbs, spices and cooked in a rich butter sauce).
A liberal dose of mango chutney rounded out the meal.
The young lady who served us was very bubbly and pleasant and quickly saw to our wishes.
The prices were very reasonable. I wish I was within walking distance of the Curry Pot right now!

1  Thank kentwaddington
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Always friendly, food arrives promptly, and everything is absolutely authentic. Would eat there every day of the week if I could.

1  Thank Alexandra D
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I work regularly in India. I was in Vernon for three days and initially decided that the Curry Pot was the least risky dining option downtown. What a find! We went back the next night without even discussing where we would go. Superb tastes, excellent service and good prices. If the Curry Pot was near where I lived I would join the many locals who regularly takeout from here. Unfortunately we only got started on their menu and now have to leave. Point to note, this is a Nepalese restaurant and there are some menu items not normally found in India and which are in the "must try" category.

1  Thank Andy R