“Cosy place with great food downtown” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Comox Valley, Canada
“Cosy place with great food downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We ate at this Thai restaurant for the first time recently and found it very good. What we all commented on was the freshness: veggies crunchy, chicken done to perfection, perfect mild spicing. The Pad Thai was not the reddish sweet tamarind flavour that you usually get which we liked. Dinner for three with 2 Singha beer and a shared appie was C$66...not bad! We noticed the place was very clean including the kitchen. The decor is neatly done and simple with many traditional Thai hangings and nick knacks....very relaxing.
The owner is an experienced restauranteur and likes to visit with his regulars so the service is pretty casual. The lunch specials at $9 looked really good on the menu.

Vernon has three Thai restaurants and this is by far the best! We will be back.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Arcosdad

Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great service. Great food! If you are unfamiliar with Thai food, the staff will be more than happy to recommend something based on your tastes.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Victoria S
Victoria, Canada
“Amazing Thai in Vernon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Went out for dinner one of the nights I was in Vernon for business. It was cold and snowing and decided that Thai sounded like it would warm me up. Having been for very mediocre Thai in Kelowna I went in with low expectations. I was very surprised.

It was fairly busy for a Monday night but the owner was quick to come over and find me a spot. It turns out that he is the previous owner of BaanThai in Victoria which used to be very good. Anyways I had spring rolls and Tom Yum Goong and enjoyed every mouthful. I especially liked the assortment of hot sauce that came to the table. The owner was very friendly and you could tell that he really wanted everyone to enjoy themselves.

If you like Thai food I highly suggest you check this place out.

I won't be looking for where to eat next time I am in Vernon!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VicVoyager
Vernon, Canada
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

The place wasn't the cleanest, but they do try! Asked for spicy, but got mild. The spring rolls were good. Service was attentive.

Visited December 2012
Canada
“A taste of Thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I first discovered the Siam Orchid when it was in Kelowna ...having been to Thailand many times, I truly appreciated the excellent authentic thai food. Ronnie, the owner, and his staff have always treated us great whenever we've gone there ...and if you like it spicy, just ask them to make it "thai hot" ...you won't be dissappointed!

• Visited December 2012