“I love Greek...Is excellent here!”

Dorians Greek Taverna
Ranked #34 of 222 Restaurants in Vernon
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dorian’s Greek Taverna is a restaurant located in downtown Vernon, B.C. The new owners invite all guests, previous and new to experience authentic Greek cuisine cooked to perfection by our new culinary-trained chef. We pride ourselves in providing freshly made meals served by our friendly and efficient serving staff. We do our best to ensure that you feel comfortable in our clean restaurant and inviting atmosphere. While our menus have been re-vamped and now easier to read, our menu items are more flexible and the prices have changed only minutely to meet the flexibility of the menu. A new feature to our menus is that we have wine pairings to indicate a perfect match of a dish and the wine. To our drink menu, we have added Dorian’s Cellar White Wines and Cellar Red Wines. In addition, besides our regular and popular Greek dessert, baklava, we have new homemade desserts every week. Come visit us; try our new wines and our authentic Greek cuisine.
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Nothing special to say, just that I love Greek food...so perhaps not the best review. But this restaurant is Fabulous! Great Authentic Greek Food!

Reviewed January 10, 2012

First of all, the map is showing the location incorrectly (on 25th for some strange reason!), so make sure you google the location outside of this website!
My mom and I went here for dinner and the setting was lovely and the waitress was very polite and helpful. I had the chicken souvlaki/calamari meal and my mom had the greek rib meal, both were on special, both were $19.95. The portion was HUGE! It came with rice, greek potato, greek salad AND pita and tzatziki. The potato was very lemonly (we didn't like it that much but I image that's how greek potato is made). There was lots of rice which we didn't eat all of. I found the calamari could have uses some seasoning in the breading but other than that the meal was great! A tad on the expensive side but we still felt we got our moneys worth. The waitress was very helpful, helping us choose out meals and select wine. The restaurant is run by greeks and the Baklava is apparently made in house, I feel I have had better but it was still delicious!
2 giant meals (with doggie bags!), a half liter of wine and one baklava = $69....not bad!!

Reviewed December 15, 2011

We visited the above in the middle of the week. It was not very busy. Our server was very friendly and efficient. I had the Roast lamb and my wife had the Greek Ribs. Both dinners were excellent. Myself I can live without the Greek lemon potatoes, but otherwise very good. We had a half liter of Greek red wine that went very well with our dinner.
All in all I would like to recommend this restaurant very much. The prices are very reasonable. and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Good location downtown, typical Greek restaurant decor with the pictures on the walls of Mediterranean land/seascapes. Service is very good, food is very good, and lots of it. Great place to go if you haven't eaten in a week. I nearly always order the roast lamb, it does not disappoint. Perfectly cooked and seasoned. All entrees arrive with ample side dishes of Greek salad, Greek potatoes, pita, tsasiki and rice. I caution you, however much you are tempted, to NOT order an appetizer as you will most definetly be going home with a doggy bag.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Excellent food and service as always. We have never had a bad meal here or when the owners were in Armstrong. The portions are big, the food is fantastic and the service is great! If you are looking for good Greek food I would recommend Dorians!