“quiet and close to town”

Prestige Hotel Vernon
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
White Rock, Canada
“quiet and close to town”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were unable to get a pet friendly room at the Best Western at the time and were pleasantly surprised by the Prestige. The room was cool and comfortable in spite of the ridiculous heat outdoors. We did not take advantage of the dining vouchers but would certainly come back when visiting family again in the future. Nice grassy run out back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
David G, Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We look forward to welcoming you back to Vernon in the near future.

David Gibbs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed here for a night over the long weekend in July. We initially were trying to stay in the Kelowna area but found the prices for a 1.5* were close to $150! We booked on Hotwire and got this gem for less than that...and then got upgraded to a better room. Our room had a Jacuzzi tub, comfortable king-size bed, leather furniture, and beautiful bathroom (tv in it as well...not sure who wants to watch tv in there, but...). The front desk staff was excellent and looked after all of our needs. Because we booked on Hotwire there was an extra box to check off if we wanted a continental breakfast at no extra charge. We took it...we were told it was juice, muffins and coffee. When we went to the Bourbon Street Restaurant, we were told we had a choice of ordering from the menu and getting $5/per person off our order or to help ourselves to the muffins, juice and coffee (all available to go). We took them up on their menu offer...had a great breakfast for only $5/per person more including coffee. Waitress was exceptional, atmosphere was very nice, prices were decent and the food was awesome! This hotel is located across the street from Starbucks and a small strip mall, but we walked further to grab a bite to eat (15 min walk or so) for the exercise, where there is another Starbucks, Boston Pizza, Earls, etc. If you don't want to drive or walk, I'm sure you'll be impressed with the Bourbon Street Restaurant right there in the building. We will definitely stay here again when in the area!

Room Tip: Although we were given a room on the first floor, we heard no noise from the busy street outside.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Used to be the place to stay in Vernon. This is getting old and tired and could use a facelift. Great location and friendly service. Beds are dippy, carpet stained, TV is non-HD. Large rooms though and they provide a breakfast voucher to probably make-up for a little construction in the lobby. If you pay over $110 for this hotel, you've paid too much. I don't mind coming back, but will try to get a rate lower than my $125 this stay.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms face the back parking lot. Ask for those.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I have stayed here before and really liked the hotel. The rooms are clean, the bathroom has a great walk in shower, the restaurant is super, the bed is comfortable. However, I travel mostly on business and after sitting at desks or on airplanes all day I really need the exercise, which I normally get from swimming and that's what will stop me from staying here next time. The pool is freezing and the tiles in the pool area are broken and don't look very clean. The hot tub was even worse with lots of broken tiles and areas that looked so dirty I didn't want to use it. I asked the person at the front desk if the pool was always that cold and her response was "I don't know". Another gripe - the next morning I asked for directions to Enderby, and the desk person didn't know where it was. Really! Turns out its only 20 minutes north. I think desk staff should be able to give basic directions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank 651brendam
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at a suite this past weekend. The suite itself was a nice design with some updates. There were Reno supplies in the hallway showing that work was in progress. But the room was dusty, as if no one had stayed for a while and it hadn't been cleaned since the renos. There were only two towels in the room which had been booked for four. We did go down to pick up more towels. We had also asked for the hideabed to be made, but had to send down for sheets.
The hotel is huge, but there is only one pop and snack machine. A long way from the suites.
The breakfast tokens allow you to go to the restaurant for a free coffee juice and muffin. The waitress both mornings was not friendly. It was like we were a real pain interfering with her morning routine. A regular continental breakfast would be so much better for a hotel of this size. They have a roped off space that looks like it once held just that. We also could have used the token towards five dollars off a regular breakfast.
The Prestige has the real possibility of being a great hotel once again. But needs some fine tuning to reach that level.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Karmatravelers
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad that you enjoyed the fresh new look of one of our suites and enjoyed your stay. I apologize that your stay did not meet with our high Prestige standards.You have provided some great feedback and thank you for noticing that we are working towards a better experience for all guests of the hotel. I will pass your comments on to our Housekeeping team and the restaurant for further review. We look forward to the chance to see you again for a great stay. - Sonu Murphy
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Lets start with the good, the bed is comfortable, the rate is decent, its fairly quiet minus some road noise. Now the bad, the internet is very slow and unreliable, the tv has no guide, and when I walked into the room it was like walking into an oven because for some reason the heat was cranked. The typical vacationer wouldn't care about what I car about but being in town for work, I haven't budgeted nor have the time to spend all my time outside the hotel. So I spend a lot of time in my room and these inconveniences are a big deal and make my stay not very comfortable. If my coworkers weren't staying here as well I'd be somewhere else.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I appreciate you staying with us on business and understand how important it is to have conveniences to make your stay more comfortable when working away from the office. I have passed your comments on to our management team and please be assured that they will be reviewed. I am glad that you found the hotel to be quiet and room to be comfortable for your stay, and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Vernon. - Sonu Murphy
Trail, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2014

on a recent bussiness trip i stay 1 nite at this Vernon hotel. we stayed in a loft room and found it very comfort and relaxing after a busy day. the hotel was quiet and made the stay more enjoyable as we had the pool and hot tub to ourselves. the room was quite large with a sitting area and a loft for sleeping. the rooms were all modern and very clean and the staff very helpfull . in the evening we ate at the resturant on site and to our surprise came upon one of the nices place to eat in Vernon. the resturant was clalled the Bourbon Street Bar and Grill which served up various Cre,'ole dishes/////very tasty and well done, would recommend staying here

Room Tip: ask for the loft suites
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for staying with us while on business. Our team will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed a restful and relaxing stay. I am glad that you had a chance to try the fabulous food at Bourbon Street Bar & Grill. Thank you for your high praise, I will pass your compliments on to our team. We hope to see you again soon! - Sonu Murphy