“Great Customer Service”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife had trouble sleeping, as our room was close to the highway, so she asked if we could switch rooms. Not only did they switch our room, we were upgraded to the "King Suite" at no extra charge. This was a great experience... Unfortunately the Board Room where we held meetings is not very well ventilated and if someone is exercising in the fitness room you can hear them above.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back away from the main highway, as it can be quite noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed the amenities featured in our Kind Suite! Spacious and comfortable, ideal for a pleasant stay during a business trip. I apologize that your meeting was disturbed by other guests in the fitness facility. I have passed your feedback on to our management team in Vernon for further review. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Vernon. - Sonu Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alberta
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I came in late on a very hot day with no campground possibility and a dog. The front staff gave me a dog friendly suite with a lovely balcony and two beds for a great deal. I had tried four other hotels nearby with no luck. Big rooms, quiet and good food in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Corner suites are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your compliments. I am glad that you had a restful stop over with your pet. As a pet friendly hotel chain, we know how important it is to have that extra bit of space where your pet can stretch out and rest up for the next part of the drive. We look forward to your next visit! – Sonu Murphy
vancouver, bc
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed on an overnight and expected the hotel to be much more. I have stayed in other Prestige Hotels and they were just nicer. Our room was renovated which was nice and quite large. But you could see the reno's were just patches over old stuff. The bathroom was beautiful and it was nice having a room near an exit which made it easy to get ur stuff in and out. Service was fine. We ate in the restaurant as we had a couon and it was not good. Also when I booked it said we got a free breakfast. A coffee and muffin. I guess I just expected what other hotels give. It was fine as a stop over hotel but I wouldn't want to spend any real time here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad that you had a comfortable stay in the spacious guest rooms. I have passed your comments on to our management team in Vernon for further review, and hope that we will have the chane to welcome you back on your next visit through the Okanagan. – Sonu Murphy
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Got one of their recently renovated rooms, which ranked amongst the best of any hotel room that I've ever stayed in, beating out even those in some more upscale chains in big cities. Staff were great, and the attached bar and grill joint that has a Cajun/NewOrleans theme was very good. I'm definitely going back there the next time we're in Vernon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your compliments and posting your stellar experience! Our team will be delighted to hear your wonderful comments. We look forward to your next visit for another great stay in Vernon BC! - Sonu Murphy
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Thanks for the excellent service and very comfortable accommodations for my overnight stay during a very hectic business trip. There was some upgrading/renovations happening in the rooms but it did not take away from the comfort in the nice big rooms. The only suggestion I have would be to have something like a tassimo or kureg in the rooms vice the standard 4 cup coffee maker.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We understand that you need a comfortable haven to retire to after a busy day especially on a working trip, so I am glad to read that you had a restful and relaxing stay while on a hectic business trip. Thank you for your great feedback, I will pass this on to our management team in Vernon. We hope to see you again soon! – Sonu Murphy
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2013

i have stayed at this hotel a couple dozen times over the years since we have an attractive corporate rate. Even the regular rooms are very spacious (even larger for the rooms with lofts and suites)
Hotel and rooms are always clean. Restaurant has changed hands 3 times in last half dozen years. All had /have very good food - maybe a touch overpriced for the Vernon market?
Rooms have fridges, safes and as mentionned - tons of room.
Parking is free and lots of it so ideal for those travelling with truck and trailer or motorhome, etc.
Staff are always friendly - but lots of turnover so not always the most efficient (my biggest beef is the check out process always seems unnecesarily long (especially if they happen to have a bus tour check out)
location is ok on the northern end of Vernon. Across from mall (white spot restaurant; drug store, grocery store, liquor store, etc)
about a mile walk to the heart of the city if you want to go to downtown restaurants.
although my corporate rate keeps me going back - i still recommend at rack rate for decent value.

Room Tip: its a spread out layout - regular rooms are just fine for 1 or 2 people -lofts great for families- a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jaydee02
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I am pleased that the Prestige Hotel is your choice accommodation when you are on business in Vernon. Your feedback is so important for improving our hotel and services, and I appreciate that you took the time to post your review. I will pass your compliments and comments on to our team. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel is a nice hotel to stay at in Vernon. We had made a reservation for a one bedroom studio suite. In which we did go to when we got there. It was on the 3rd floor. Had a queen size bed, flat screen TV, couch and a Bar fridge. The only draw back was there was a minor hockey team that were staying on the same floor as us, and they were playing hockey in the hall way. We then asked the staff at the desk if we could move to a room that was away from the hockey team, They gave us a free upgrade to a King Deluxe room on the ground level in another part of the hotel. Wow, this room was even nicer. It was very spacious, had a bar fridge, couch and nicer bathroom. And it was in a very quiet part of the hotel. given us We were given a coupon for a continental breakfast.(when we first checked in) Which we used the following morning The breakfast consisted of muffins,Danish juice tea and coffee. The hotel also had a pool, which we didn't use, because there were too many uh energetic kids in it.
This hotel seems like its a great hotel for family's. If your a couple....I would advise you to choose a room in the quieter part of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are great for kids. Rooms closer to the reservation desk, on the ground...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I am glad that you really enjoyed your stay and had a restful sleep. We hope to make every guest comfortable, and I thank you for bringing your concerns to the front desk so we could ensure that you had a pleasant stay. I will pass on your comments and compliments to our team in Vernon, and we look forward to welcoming you on your next trip.