“Excellent wedding venue/customer service”

Prestige Hotel Vernon
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Kelowna, Canada
“Excellent wedding venue/customer service”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Both of my daughters have had wedding receptions here, most recently on Sept 15th/12' and the staff were very helpful and accommodating. They are very easy to find, and have a very professional and clean atmosphere. They have good food and great customer service. The rooms are amazing and quite quiet. There were a few issues initially with our reservations, but they went over and above to rectify them. A special thanks to David (GM), Barry (Assist. GM), Lisa (Events) and everyone else who helped make our daughters day that much more special!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Carmen S
PrestigeHotels, Public Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for posting your review! I am very happy to hear that we were a part of both wedding celebrations and that you had an exceptional service experience. Our expert event staff aspire to ensure that every event hosted at the hotel is memorable and seamless. I will pass on your compliments to our all of our staff, and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver,BC
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed here on the way to our Silverstar weekend lodge. I got great service from the staff starting from when we made our reservation right down to when we left. For us the location was perfect for getting to the hill quickly the next day. It was right off the main road (but the rooms were quiet and we didn't hear anything from the road) and pretty centrally located for the Vernon area. There is a small strip mall across the street which has a London Drugs in it for those items you may have left at home :-)

We stayed in the deluxe loft suite and that was the perfect size for us and our 4 kids. We took the loft upstairs that gave us some privacy while still making it east to monitor the kids downstairs (who used the other queen bed and pull out couch). It would have been nice to have the upstairs tv on a swivel since it was a little to the side so it was difficult for the person on the right of the bed to see it well. The rooms were quite and we didn't hear any neighbours.

The hotel does have a smallish indoor pool that the kids liked. It isn't anything special but it is useful to get rid of some pent-up energy from the car ride.

A breakfast voucher is included that covers a coffee/juice and muffin (continental breakfast) or can be used as a $5 credit for a fuller breakfast. We wanted to be on the road so we got ours to go but the muffins were still frozen :-( but that was a minor inconvenience.

Overall I think we got great value and friendly, effective service so despite a few very minor things I ranked this as 5 out of 5 stars.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank PoCoSaf
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for making us a part of your ski holiday. We always appreciate good feedback that recognizes our great staff, beautiful rooms, and central location as well as where we can make improvements. We look forward to the chance to welcome you back on your next trip through Vernon.
Gibsons, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Had very nice stay. Staff pleasant, helpful and courteous. Even got complimentary tickets to the Vernon Vipers hockey game. It was great too, they won. Great off highway, easy access location. Right across from mall and close to restaurants. Was not real impressed with on site restaurant breakfast. But, would
definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from highway in winter would avoid early morning snow plot noise. But was not extreme.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Carmen B
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your compliments and for cheering on our Vernon Vipers to victory. We love being just around the corner from the Vernon Multiplex. We look forward to having you return for another stay and to again enjoy our great city.
VANCOUVER
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed one night there before heading to Banff.
Rooms were quiet and clean. There's no microwave and fridge in the room though, but they had a nice large flat screen TV. I had to borrow a microwave from the front desk and had to move it myself! There's also a bistro on site. There's a big mall just accross from the hotel, and it has Safeway, London Drugs, White Spot, restaurants.
Good location overall.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank chi y
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I am glad we were able to accomodate you comfortably on your trip to Banff. We do enjoy our convenient location with so many area amenities. My apologies that you were not assisted to your room with the microwave. It is our mission to make every guests' experience enjoyable in all aspects. I will forward your concern to our team so that they can find new strategies. We hope we will be able to have you stay with us on your next trip.
Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Spent 3 nights at the Prestige Vernon!

Check in was quick, friendly and painless! Lots of convienient parking, lobby very nice. Restaurant very good! Room fantastic! Great beds, very madern bathroom with walk in shower! Tile flooring etc. Not what you would expect from a moderate hotel! Rate was very competitive with other properties in Vernon! Shopping across the street.

Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your compliments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel and there are things I really like about it - it's clean, the rooms are lovely, ,and the restaurant is great. I also enjoy the pool which is a good size for a hotel and very clean. My only negative is that both times I stayed there I found the front desk staff to be useless in helping me find where I needed to go - I had google maps but couldn't quite figure out the directions and both times I needed to get to smaller towns nearby - but the staff didn't know how to get there or rough driving times. I can understand that if it was for further distances, but they should at least know the surrounding communities. They also weren't very interested in doing any work to help me find out what i needed to know. However, I will stay there again because the rest of my experience has been so positive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your continued patronage and your feedback. We continually strive to ensure every guest has a superior experience when they stay with us. We will address your concerns in our training sessions to ensure that all our guests have the local information they need to enjoy our beautiful city and the Okanagan Valley.
Revelstoke, BC
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I were very happy with our accommodations at The Prestige Hotel in Vernon. Our room was large and clean, and the beds very comfortable. We had a good nights sleep in the quiet rooms.

We enjoyed dinner there also at the Bourbon Street Bar & Grill. Great food and excellent service, and also had a good breakfast there. We used the complimentary vouchers given to us upon check-in. We noticed a small coffee bar located near the front desk which I thought was a great idea for those in a hurry to start their day.

We experienced excellent, friendly service from all employees. This was our first time there, but we were treated like we were long standing repeat customers.

I do have two suggestions. Another towel bar in the bathroom is needed. I realize it's been newly renovated so perhaps this is just a temporary over-site, and even though it's been newly renovated ongoing maintenance needs to be continued. We noticed the wallpaper was starting to loosen in places. This can be easily fixed and I hope that it does to keep it looking as great as it does now.

This is a place we will stay in again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We always appreciate feedback from our guests. Thank you for your compliments and your concerns. Our Team is always striving to give every guest an experience that makes them feel at home. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Vernon.