All reviews denny's restaurant room was clean denny s an extended stay desk clerk london drugs damage deposit indoor pool business trip fridge and microwave early check stove sink flush kathy safeway drawers
Selected filters
Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

The positives, room was clean, price okay.
The negatives, bathroom small, light switches inconveniently located, cheap toilet, difficult to flush, the fridge and microwave located in a cabinet, access terrible. Room I had very small.
There seemed to be a communication problem between the hotel and the adjacent Dennys. An issue to charge a meal to your room. The pool was barely adequate, no jacuzzi.
Won't stay again

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
General-Manager-020, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Hi Dogtooth1947,

Thank you for leaving a review from your stay at the Sandman Hotel and Suites Vernon. We welcome all feedback and the opportunity to hear what our clients have to say about our product. I'm glad to hear that you found our hotel clean and competitively priced.

We offer many different room types at the hotel including rooms with a single queen bed good for those looking for a simple one night stay to Studio Kitchen suites with full kitchens.

We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 3, 2019

We had a room in the Sandman Suites building for 4 nights. It had been updated. The bed was comfortable etc. kitchen area fine.
We just hated the scary looking people outside and in the elevator. Some of the suites had people living in them. It does not give a feeling of security.
The lobby & checkin/out were really good.
The room service left something to be desired. The girl couldn’t be bothered to put garbage cans back in their places. The bed was sort of made. Cushions were left on the floor. She forgot towels.
They need to have instructions for the heater/air conditioner unit. We were freezing.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
General-Manager-020, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019

Hi dgcapt,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Sandman Hotel and Suites Vernon. I'm happy to hear that your registration and the check-out process were efficient and that you enjoyed our lobby. Regarding the servicing of your room, I have noted your comments and have discussed them with my housekeeping team as a training opportunity.

We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

My wife unknowingly left some valuables behind in our room and the staff were quick to call us and we were able to return to collect - a most sincere thank you!!!!

Room was clean and perfect for our family. Little ones thoroughly enjoyed the pool.

Staff were very friendly in all transactions. Thanks again!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
General-Manager-020, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2019

Hi Mustaine11,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the "little ones" enjoyed our pool. We strive to lead the industry in customer care - It's great to hear the team took the initiative to contact you about the items you had left behind.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

I stayed for 1 night while passing through Vernon. The check in was quick, friendly and professional. The lobby was nicely done up and modern. Once I got to the room it too was nicely done up and clean. The bathroom was clean as well although it took a minute to find the light switches. Just in some odd places.
Sitting on the bed, it was harder than most other beds at other hotels. The pillow were good and comfortable.
The one thing I really noticed was the amount of road noise coming into the room. The room was a ways back from the road and does kind of face the front but I sure could hear the traffic.
So with the noise and the hard bed I have it at a three.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
General-Manager-020, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2019

Hi davidwX9020YB,

Thank you for the positive feedback from you stay in Vernon. I am glad to hear that you found your guestroom clean and that your registration was quick and friendly.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2019 via mobile

Had to stay at this hotel for business purposes. As I did not book it or pay for it, I was unable to relocate which I would have otherwise done. There was blood found on the sheet, silverfish, the fridge froze all of my groceries and I had to throw everything out. I told the front desk, and the next day the same thing happened, more groceries in the garbage. When I told them the third time I was handed a needle nose set of pliers to try and adjust the temperature myself. I left a note on my bed, that I would be making my own bed and not to change the sheets even though I was staying there for two weeks. I simply did not trust housekeeping. I came back to my room one day to find the blanket on the mattress followed by three sheets on top. One side the sheets were touching the ground, and the other side they never came to the bottom of The top mattress. Either the employee had dementia and could not remember how to make a bed, or they did not know how to make a bed, never before have I seen a bed made like that - it absolutely made no sense. There were not any comforters, or quilts on the bed. When they came in to change the blood stained sheet they brought one comforter for that bed. A few days later I requested one for my bed. The pool was a lovely temperature and I enjoyed that part of my stay. There were many other incidentals which surprised us, that we were unsatisfied with. Perhaps others have had better experiences than what we did, I would not be wanting to stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
General-Manager-020, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2019

Hi Dottieontheroadagain,

I want to thank you for leaving a review from your stay with us in Vernon. Either positive or negative, all feedback is appreciated.

I would like to sincerely apologize for not exceeding your expectations and for the challenges you experienced. I can assure you that is not typical of our standards and have discussed these issues with my housekeeping and front desk departments. In addition, I will be using this feedback as a training opportunity.

If possible, I would like to connect with you personally to discuss this with you further. My email address is gm_vernon@sandman.ca