“Decent but they lost our reservation”

Sandman Inn & Suites Vernon
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I made our reservation about two months prior to arrival but when we got there, the reservations had somehow been cancelled. The front desk person was pleasant and said they had switched to a new computer system and maybe they were lost in the switch. They had rooms available so it want a big deal, but it still frustrated me, as it's prime tourist season.

The rooms were clean and well appointed. The hotel is undergoing renovations and you could tell that most of the furnishings were new.

My biggest complaint is that the WiFi was extremely slow. This is unacceptable. My only other minor complaint is the TV reception was poor, and no channel listing or TV guide channel.

For the rate we paid I would consider staying here again. However, I would make my stay conditional on them getting internet access that worked.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Checked in early, turned the Air-conditioning on came back late, knowing we needed to wake up early. Got to the room and the ac was off. Opened the window, and there was no screen. Spoke to front desk and they moved us at 12:30am to another room. The ac was on and the room was cool already. Thanks to the great front desk service for saving the night. The hotel is esthetically upgraded but was still not a business class hotel. Lastly, there is no elevator.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My last sandman experience was terrible so I did not know what to expect, this hotel was actually quite good. Newly renovated in all public areas and all the rooms with the exception oft he drapes, big deal, the staff even let me know this before checking in. Great service, big, clean room, with a small kitchenette. Bathrooms is very small and has an awkward layout, but not problems really. Good location, walking distance to restaurants, mall, and fast food. Perfect for a business trip or team trip.

Room Tip: Main road on one side, train on the other, but it did not go by that often, I saw it once in the w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Rooms were very comfortable. Was a very good sleep.
Air con worked a treat and bathroom was large.
The Irish pub next door is great for a meal and drink.
Reception were friendly and helpful at check in.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were greeted by friendly staff , Kia apologized for for the renovation being done in the lobby and checking in went well .also the room was fantastic .
I was so impressed I have booked another night in May .

• Stayed: April 2014
Manager-General, General Manager at Sandman Inn & Suites Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Hello Guest,

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property; your comments are very much valued. We appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles very seriously and try, in every way, to provide quality customer service that our guests have come to expect.
In addition to all newly renovated rooms, our commitment to investing in our property will continue thus our lobby renovations will be completed in a few short weeks. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Vernon!
Best Regards,
Chih Huang

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Newly renovated, friendly helpful staff, easy to find. Out unit had a full kitchen so if you had a longer stay it was good to be able to cook.
It is on the main road but triple pane windows didn't hear anything.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Hello Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am glad that you and your family had a comfortable stay with us. We endeavour to provide the amenities and the best level of service that are essential to a great hotel stay. We are proud of the new renovations and hope that you will return to see some of our other room types as befitting your needs.
Best Regards,
Chih Huang

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have 2 kids under 7 who never sleep well in hotels. This hotel had comfortable beds, was quiet and had true blackout curtains which meant my kids slept in almost 2 hours later than normal. The pool was large, the kitchenette well equipped. The staff was courteous and unobtrusive. The construction currently going on wasn't an issue as the suites wing has a separate entrance, like an apartment building. I'm curious to see the place when the construction is complete. Most importantly, my kids had fun and we all slept well. I can't ask for more!

Room Tip: I recommend getting a suite