“I would definetly stay again!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandman Inn & Suites Vernon

Sandman Inn & Suites Vernon
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Kamloops, Canada
“I would definetly stay again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I recently stayed at the Vernon Sandman. Though an older hotel, I found the rooms to be very clean and comfortable! The staff was very nice and always willing to answer any questions we had. The kids loved the pool!! We spent alot of time in there:) All in all, I would definetly stay there again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Vernon Sandman, we have a small dog and newborn son and found the hotel to be very accommodating to our Family and our needs! Our room was very clean and the staff aimed to please when asking if we needed anything else when we checked in. They met our needs with a kettle and even offered us a playpen. When we ran out of coffee and towels the Guest Services were great in providing more when we asked! Also when we walked past the desk we were always greeted (HUGE pet peeve when we aren't so it's always something I look for!)As well when wanting to get out and a bout the desk was great giving directions (I didn't get lost at all!!) Even the price was right! (Also with our room we got a $10 gas card!!! Can't complain about that.) Overall a great experience!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

We have had to stay here a few times for my husbands medical appointments and the room was paid for, but never again free or not. The first time are room was infested with ants and I mean if you left anything out there was hundreds. Told the front desk and they said dont leave food out. The rooms were dirty, the sheets were dirty, had chunks of food on them. Tiles in the bathroom were broken, pieces of the toilet were broken. There was piles of hair shoved in the corners. There is train tracks right beside the hotel so be prepared to wake up at 6am. The second stay... Microwave didnt work, the breaker kept blowing all the time so front desk finally showed me.where the breaker box was so I could turn it on myself. It was dirty. Third stay... Still dirty, the shower head only had water coming out,of 3 holes and the water was spraying everywhere, the bathroom was soaked. The lights only worked when they wanted to so you could be showering and then your in the dark anf 20 minutes later they come back on. This is all I can think of at the moment but I know there is more. Take my word for it and dont stay there.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Tyco2665

Travelers are raving about these Vernon hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

Worst place ever! O . K. Has no customer service! Room key was not working multiple times and the front desk responded " what do you want me to do about it." and " no one else seems to have a problem. What are you doing to it" only got housekeeping ever other day if that because "we are not a priority". No pool towels so you have to use you room towel or you get from the front desk " you are not allowed more towels" I could go on... There is more... Stay far away from this hotel!!!!

• Stayed March 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manager-General, General Manager at Sandman Inn & Suites Vernon, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us as it allows us to see where we need to improve. We do strive to keep a supply of fresh towels in the pool area; there are times when guests go through towels faster than we can launder them. Your guest key was repeatedly wiped out by your cell phone which is beyond our control. To streamline guest room servicing, the housekeeping staff generally do rooms in order and will, on request, break order to meet the needs of the guests. May you have pleasant travels.
Monthey, Valais
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

We got an amazing deal, the staff was really helpful.
Don't go to the Denny's in the hotel because the food was not good.
Otherwise, the hotel was cool and clean.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Revelstoke, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

Recently stayed at the Vernon Sandman on my way home. Was hoping to stay in Kelowna, but decided travel through and find a room in Vernon instead. Heading through town I seen the Sandman and decided to stay for the night and hopefully eat a meal at Denny's.
When I arrived I was greated with a "Good Evening, Sir". I had no reservation, but the front desk accommadated my needs, which was very easy because all I needed was a bed, TV for the hockey game, and hot shower for the morning. The desk offered me a corporate rate and a free upgrade, so happy I stopped here and not down the street.
While in my room, I had a comfy pillow top King bed and all the other standard amenities. What I did enjoy more than my room was the fact that the internet never gave me any hassel, unlike alot of other hotels do to me and many others. I also found out that the hotel lobby had a computer and printer in it....This is a awesome perk if I needed to print anything.
I went to Dinner to Denny's to have my usual burger. On my way back to my room, the front desk wished me a goodnight and asked if I required a wake up call for the morning.
My stay was very enjoyable and when I go through later in the year again, will be staying.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rigmor62, Manager at Sandman Inn & Suites Vernon, responded to this review, December 12, 2010
Thank you for staying with us.
As we upgrade the property, we hope to see you again and allow us to show off one of our updated rooms.
Thank you for thinking of the Sandman Vernon.
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

I was dismayed to be staying at this accomodation after reading the ghastly reviews on tripadvisor. The staff are fine but the place could do with a revamp.. old air conditioners making loud noises and the rooms being quite stuffy. Like one of the reviewers I was scared to leave the window open because I because there was no screen.. it was either suffer the heat or suffer the bugs that may fly in. The room itself is fine but the indoor pool was sketchy and I quickly gave up any thoughts of going for a relaxing swim. Over all, it just didn't cut it.. maybe good for those who own pets but the place smelt funny and could do with a good clean up/ revamp.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family