“An Incredible, Undiscovered "GEM" in our Back yard”

Sparkling Hill Resort
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Grand Forks, Canada
“An Incredible, Undiscovered "GEM" in our Back yard”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is the first time I have ever written a review on anything, but, I feel compelled to write this.
My husband and I just came back from a truely incredible, 2 night stay at this amazing Resort.
After only 3 hrs. leaving home, I discovered heaven!!
Upon arrival, we were courteously, and promply checked in, and the valet staff was jovial and very efficient.
The King Superior room with lake view was totally to die for!!! We were very impressed by the prompt phone call after being in the room 10 minutes. The front staff asking how everything is, and to call if anything is needed.
We found the meals and service at both of their Restaurants outstanding!!
The saunas and pools were so relaxing, a holiday that we just needed. The reception staff was always acknowledging our presence with a hello, be it getting off the elevator, to coming in the front doors. I encountered a situation last night that the reception lady noticed and acted promply on....someone had taken my hotel slippers while I was in the sauna (it happens once in awhile at the saunas, no big deal) she noticed I was bare feet and offered me new slippers right away, I was blown away how observant they were.
We were pleasantly surprised to see 2 complementary bottles of water left in our vechicle by the valet staff upon our departure.
I had told my husband why does one have to go to Mexico for a holiday, we have everything plus more right here in B.C. at this Resort.
Thanks Sparkling Hill Resort for giving us "together" time which was much overdo!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Deb S
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Deb,

We truly appreciate you providing us with your first review ever! What an honor! I am so delighted to hear what a wonderful experience you had with us at Sparkling Hill. I am glad that you enjoyed our Superior Lakeview room, the view truly is breathtaking. Thank you for mentioning how outstanding the meals and service was in both of our Restaurants and the reception staff. We are very fortunate to have such dedicated and passionate team members.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your review and we greatly look forward to providing you “together” time again in the future!

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (739)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Quesnel, B.C., Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We booked our room for $145.00 a night so that was a very good deal for such a beautiful spot. Our meals were excellent at the restaurant except I wouldn't order the cupcake dessert again as I think it was rather small and ordinary tasting, nothing special for the money, but that is a minor complaint. I recommend it to all for a great spa experience!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank qseaturtle
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay and meals. It is also wonderful that you had time to experience our KurSpa as it does provide a lot of complimentary amenities for all of our guests! I am however, sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the cupcake dessert, we appreciate this feedback as it allows us to learn and improve.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I am a little surprised to read some less than favourable reviews as we have just returnd from a one night stay and loved it. We had given each other gift cards for Christmas and finally had time to use them. We were greeted by a valet, waited a short time to check in and made our way to our lovely room. As we were getting settled the front desk called to ask us if everything was ok and someone slipped our dinner certificate under the door. We thought the staff were very attentive. We spent time in the pools and saunas, enjoying it very much. We had a fantastic dinner in the PeakFine Restaurant and again felt very spoiled. The prices were at the top of what we would generally pay but we thought the quality and quantity were in keeping with the prices. The service in the restaurant was very attentive and friendly. The room was very comfortable and well appointed although I did notice some of the towels were getting a little frayed. There were lots of towels, the bedding was fresh and bed comfortable. I hate the grungy reused bedspreads in most hotels! After a cozy night in our beautiful mountain view room we had another lovely meal at PeakFine Restaurant's lovely breakfast buffet. We left feeling well fed and spoiled and trying to think of an excuse to come again. Our anniversary is September.... I can only hope! Thank you for a memorable evening Saprkling Hills!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 123sierra
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Sierra,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful review! It is very rewarding to hear what a great visit you had with us. I am pleased that you found the staff to be very attentive, we have been working on this over the last few months. It is also excellent that you enjoyed our PeakFine restaurant and had two fantastic dinners and breakfasts! Our KurSpa is the heart of the hotel and I am glad that you were able to experience all of the facilities that it offers as well.

I am pleased to inform you that we do have a new towel order on the way and it should arrive by next month!

Thank you so much again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in September or hopefully sooner!

Penticton, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I recently spent 2 night at Sparkling Hills resort for our anniversary.
Our room was fabulous, the pools were great, and I was very impressed with the variety of saunas.
I found the service staff in every area to be knowledgeable and very helpful.
Special thanks to Marco VanDam for giving us that extra attention in making our anniversary more special.
The food was also a highlight as it was absolutely among the best experiences I've had in blending of flavours and food presentation. Thank you to your chefs and their kitchen staff.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms are less expensive. We had a corner room #233 which is considered a mountain vie...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review and for celebrating your Anniversary with us! We feel very honored that you had picked Sparkling Hill for such a special occasion. I am so pleased to hear that you found the rooms to be fabulous and enjoyed the pools and steams and saunas. It is excellent that all of the staff were very helpful and that you found them to be knowledgeable.
I would also like to thank you for specifically mentioning Marco our Restaurant Manager, we are very fortunate to have him as part of our team and I am so delighted to hear that he made your anniversary even more special.

It is also wonderful that you were able to experience our PeakFine Restaurant and found the food and presentation to be excellent, I will gladly pass these compliments onto our Chef’s!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Garson, Canada
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed only one night at sparkling hills and wished we were able to stay longer! The infinity pool is beautiful. They have several steam rooms and saunas that can be used by overnight guests. Very restful and magnificent views from every window. Very romantic location for a wedding anniversary!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with the view of the lake!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Mary Lynne,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We wished you would have been able to stay longer as well! Most of our guests stay 2 nights and even then they mention that it is not long enough! I am happy to hear that you greatly enjoyed the infinity pool as well as the 7 unique steams and saunas. We try to provide a very restful and renewing stay for all of our guests and I am glad you felt well rested. Our views are truly magnificent, we are very fortunate to have such beautiful, natural surroundings.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Excellent customer service.

I acted like a total housewife of Vancouver and the manager still went above and beyond my expectations, and… I don't even look like a housewife!

Beautiful Views, great atmosphere for relaxation, luv luv luv.

Thank You Sparkling Hill!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is wonderful to hear that you were able to relax and rejuvenate with us and our beautiful views! I am also delighted that our managers went above and beyond your expectations and were able to make your stay even more enjoyable.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back as a return guest.

calgary
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Great value (especially on weekday deals) and beautiful location. This place is a gem! Service is also excellent.
Spa pools are tres sweet, and food at the restaurant was top notch. I recommend this wellness hotel especially for couples on a romantic vacay. Make sure to get a room with a lake view and tub suite, and their last minute deals on their website

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank aheist911
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at Sparkling Hill! We are extremely fortunate to have such a beautiful location and such magnificent views all around us. It is wonderful that you were able to experience our KurSpa and Restaurant as well and I am delighted that you enjoyed them so much! Thank you for also mentioning how excellent the service was, this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Best Regards,

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Vernon
#1 of 34 in Kelowna
Predator Ridge Resort
Predator Ridge Resort
#6 of 20 in Vernon

Been to Sparkling Hill Resort? Share your experiences!