“Valentines day 2014”

Sparkling Hill Resort
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My boyfriend surprised me with a trip here for valentines 2014.
We have checked in on the 12th of febuary and checked out on the 14th.
I found the late check in very unusual, but it all worked out. We stayed in the deluxe lake view room with 2 queen beds because i really wanted the lake view and they did not have anymore with only one king. Our room had a few downs such as the other queen bed smelt very dirty and that the glasses in our bathroom sink were BOTH DIRTY. We had a complimentary dinner at peak fine that came with the package, we started off with the pork belly and also the steamed clams and mussels which was amazing! Moving on to the entrees, we have both gotten the steak but i have gotten the steak with the bernaisse sauce and my bf got the mushroom dijon. The steak was 'OK' i would get a more flavourful one at The Keg, so nothing special. The desserts we had were the triple sorbet and the apple strudel which was amazing, and the sorbet was ok. Over all, the menu at peak fine was ok, not much of a selection!
For breakfast, the selection wasn't really great so i did not come down for breakfast often.
KURSPA, was beyond amazing, it is so beautiful. And we had booked the Oasis for 2 Empress sissi, it was so relaxing though i swear it was less that 90 minutes. There are 9 different saunas so totally check them out!
One thing i noticed is that the room service does come very slow EXAMPLE: i had asked for 2 pillows and they did not come till 2 hours later and this was only around 9pm.
Over all it was a great stay! though, i would not eat at peak fine and try the different restaurants they have in the city.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Adrienne,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your recent stay with us! What a wonderful Valentine’s Day surprise! Our KurSpa truly is amazing and it is the heart of the hotel, I am so pleased that you were able to enjoy the complimentary amenities that come with our rooms such as the 7 different steams and saunas and hopefully the rest of the KurSpa as well! The Empress Sissi is our most popular couple’s treatment and all of our treatments are provided with a clock in each room to ensure they are performed to the appropriate time, a lot of the times most guests feel 60 minutes just is not enough for their massage as they felt so relaxed and enjoyed it so much.

I am truly sorry to hear that your one queen bed smelt dirty, we do wash all of our sheets, duvets and pillows fresh for every guest. I would also like to apologize for the dirty glasses in the bathroom sink, this is most certainly not our standard and our Housekeeping Manager has been made aware. I apologize for the wait time for your additional pillows as well.

I am surprise that you found the steak to be ok as the usual feedback we receive from it is positive, I apologize that it was not what you expected. Our complimentary breakfast buffet normally also receives very positive feedback as we do have approximately 30 different items on the buffet each day made freshly. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities!

Thank you so much again for your review and we hope to welcome you back as a return guest.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,950)

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was searching for a perfect destination to recharge my energy, calm my soul and receive healthy meals that cater to all my specific requirements. Since I did not want to go out of BC I followed the recommendations of my travel agent and booked a week package at Sparkling Hill Resort. I did not know what to expect.

However, after the first couple of days I realized that I discovered a spot that caters to health and wellness in very unique and special ways. The environment is very spacious, elegant, richly aesthetic and you can walk and BREATHE without even needing to go out of the building. The rooms have wall to wall glass walls with amazing views. The Spa is surely the HEART of the resort. The multiple aromatherapy steam and sauna rooms, salt water pool with underwater music, hydrotherapy pool, endless body treatments menu, serenity room and tea room are just a few to mention in the Spa city as I call it. The cold sauna is the only one in North America and its health benefits worth exploring. It is a European way to health that is medically proven.

The kitchen is the pulse of the resort. A special feature of the restaurant is the European style breakfast buffet. I was amazed and impressed with how the Chef took immaculate care of all my dietary needs for the daily three meals for the entire week! I travelled four continents and visited hundreds of resorts and I never had anything like that before. What I really loved about the Chef is his passion and care for each dish he creates, there is good energy and art invested in each dish and the quality of the food and the ingredients is the finest. Each creation was a delight to the eyes and the palate.

One other thing touched my heart is the warm caring reception that you get from the managers of the Resort, something that you hardly experience anywhere else in our fast paced world now. I have returned with friends and I recommend Sparkling Hill Resort for those who want to rejuvenate,and pamper all their senses. You don't need to go out of Canada to have a perfect vacation, because there is a hidden jewel waiting for you to discover and enjoy.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Nadia,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Wow! I am so glad that you had such a wonderful time here, we all enjoyed having you here as well as getting to know you. It is so wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed all of the creations that came out of our kitchen, we do have very passionate cooks that strive to make every guests stay memorable!

I greatly enjoy you calling our KurSpa the ‘Spa City’ as it could very well be since it does span 40,000 sq. ft. but I find it never quite as busy as a ‘city’ would be. Everyone is feeling very relaxed and rejuvenated.

Thank you for also mentioning how warm and caring all of our team members are. We are truly lucky to have such dedicated and hard-working individuals, the service truly makes all the difference in my opinion.

Thank you again for your great review and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Thank you for making my moms 60th birthday an amazing, special and memorable event! The food was delicious, the room was spectacular and the pool and saunas were so relaxing and fun! We can't wait to go back! :) Thank you again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Daisy,

Thank you so much for your review and Happy Belated 60th Birthday to your mom! We feel so honored that you chose Sparkling Hill to celebrate such a special event with! I am so delighted that we made her birthday memorable and special!

Thank you so much and we can’t wait to welcome you back either!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We were really impressed with Sparkling Hill Resort. Hans, the General Manager, and the rest of the staff went out of their way to make sure everything was excellent. Besides nice rooms, with SPECTACULAR views, the spa amenities are really special. I would highly recommend the Cold Sauna, which is the only one in North America. It's a little intimidating at first, but the staff is so gracious,and trustworthy - make sure you use it for a couple of treatments. The food in the restaurants was 4.7 stars.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Dean,

Thank you for your sparkling review! It is so wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and you are right, the Cold Sauna (-110C) really is special! I am so pleased to hear that the staff gained your trust and made you comfortable to go into the Cold Sauna. Thank you for also mentioning how excellent Hans-Peter and our staff are, we are very fortunate to have them.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return Dean!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I "staycation" here for the last three winters during low season. We were absolutely thrilled with our free upgrade to the Arnika Penthouse this visit! We could never afford this usually, as this is a very ritzy and pricey room otherwise, but fell in love with it! There are SO many amenities that we were not used to having, such as heated toilet seat, in room sauna with fancy lights, lake view HUGE tub, living room with second TV, real fireplace and two king beds in room, two bathrooms, on and on....awesome soaps, lotions, and full size shampoo/conditioner/wash that smelt divine, and were Eco friendly! The beds are amazing, memory foam, didn't move once we fell asleep and wake up feeling rejuvenated. The daily breakfast buffet was amazing. I ordered the duck for dinner, couldn't finish it (too chewy for me-and didn't enjoy the flavor....everything else on the plate was excellent) I just wanted to give it a try-next time I will eat something safer....the Bison is always delish. The spa was fantastic and views always breathtaking! I always recommend resort to friends and family. We use the Costco gift cards also to make more affordable$80/$100, sign up for email specials also. We booked the Valentines special for x$449 for 2 nights, 3 course dinner for two, breakfast each morning, and bottle of white wine, chocolates etc. The room upgrade was SO appreciated...Till next year, we LOVE this resort!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoveLakeLiving4Life

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review and for being one of our repeat guests! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade into our Arnika Penthouse, it is absolutely beautiful and breathtaking. It is great that you are also a fan of our beds, we receive a lot of positive feedback from them. I am glad that you also enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, it truly is amazing.

It is disappointing that you found the duck too chewy and did not enjoy the flavor. Please do know that it is our standard if you do not like the dish and you inform us that we immediately replace it with a dish of your choice.

I appreciate you mentioning how fantastic the spa was and the views always are breathtaking! Thank you so much for recommending us to your friends and family, what an honor.

Thank you again for your review and for your continued support, we look forward to welcoming you back again next year!

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

This place is Stunningly Beautiful ! Staff friendly and helpful . Rooms beautiful and comfortable. ! Many steam rooms 6 I think and 4 saunas with an Igloo sauna as well , that are no extra charge with your stay . The Infinity pool outside is warm and perfect along with the indoor one and whirlpool . The Peak Fine restaurant served us the best food we have ever had and we've been to a lot of high end restaurants . The Bison and Steak just melted in our mouths and service outstanding . If you have a chance to stay at this sparkling gem you won't be disappointed . The view in each room is gorgeous and staff outstanding !!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank golftennisfreak
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you so much for your great review! It is fantastic that you found the rooms to be beautiful and comfortable, the views truly are outstanding. We do have 7 unique steams and saunas and I am so glad that you were able to enjoy the 3 pools as well. Our Food & Beverage department will be so thrilled that you found the food to be one of the best you have ever had, thank you so much! I also greatly appreciate you mentioning how outstanding the service was and how friendly and helpful all of the staff are, we are truly lucky to have such dedicated and passionate team members.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you as a return guest!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was a surprise gift from my boyfriend. Gorgeous, clean room. Floor to ceiling windows, huge tub right by the window for a great view of the lake. Restaurant was very nice, very expensive and not a ton of food for the price, BUT very good food! We had balck cod, seared scallops and the trout. All of it was very good.Ther spa is an amazing array of everything! Steam rooms, hopt tub, 2 pools 1inside 1 outside. All spa treatments you could imagine! If you want to try the -110C room, better to book in advance. The European buffet breakfast was also a treat! All in all, it was very romantic, clean, service was great, and we had a wonderful night.

Room Tip: We had a suite with a king bed and spectacular view of the lake. Very quiet, and clean. Only downsid...