“best resort in the world!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sparkling Hill Resort

Sparkling Hill Resort
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Vancouver, Canada
“best resort in the world!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I discovered Sparking HIlls as we went for Dr. Strauss's workshop that is offered there ( SHARP package on Sparkling HIlls website) We fell in love with the place and are going back next month! Excellent food, wonderfully attentive staff, and lots of extras.
We enjoyed the steam rooms and pools and later booked book time in the "ice room" for a cryotherapy session. We were absolutely euphoric afterwards! ( By the way, the SHARP program gave some perspectives that have been life changing for us as a couple. We hope to be back with him soon too.) Amazing value in that package too!
So.. this place is so memorable...we were there in October and still talk about it as one of the best things we ever spent our money on, ever! We have been in resorts all over the world being older semi-retired professionals, and NOTHING compares to Sparkling Hills for quality of service, facility, setting , treatments ,food...and extras! Rooms with unforgettable views, exceptional design and quality of finishings. Remember to spend time in the serenity room... well named :-) Cheers, Happy travels, Carol and Kevin

Room Tip: we loved the water side views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carol A
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Carol and Kevin,

Wow, I feel truly touched that you found Sparkling Hill to be one of the best resorts in the world! What an amazing compliment! Thank you so much! Our SHaRP program (Sparkling Hill a Relationship Program) has become very popular and we are very fortunate for have Dr. Strauss with us, he is such a wonderful and valuable asset to our team. I am so delighted to hear that you also found the food to be excellent, the staff to be wonderful and attentive and more! You are right, it is very important for guests to remember to spend time in the Serenity Room since this room is really what Sparkling Hill is all about – rest, relax and rejuvenate!

Thank you so much for your wonderful raves and compliments. We greatly look forward to welcoming you both back next month!

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

The trees were snow covered as we drove up the hill to find an entrance sparkling in the night.
Like a picture from a fairy tale. The friendly attendant helped take our luggage and the front desk staff were lovely.
The rooms were large with a spectacular view of the lake and surrounding hills. The sunsets were amazing.
The food and the selection from the feature menu was excellent. We stayed for six days and I didn't have the same thing twice, although I could have because it was all delicious. The restaurant staff were friendly and helpful.
The spa was beautiful, clean and relaxing. The serenity room and tea room were great with spectacular views.
It was hard to leave. Thank you so much for a magical Christmas.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jodi,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I almost felt as if I was driving up the hill to Sparkling Hill with you! The snow covered trees, the entrance sparkling at night... Thank you so much for spending six relaxing nights with us, I am so pleased that you found the room to be lovely and the staff to be friendly and helpful. Our Executive Chef will be thrilled to hear that you found the menu to be excellent and enjoyed every meal you had!

Thank you so much for your excellent review and we hope to see you again soon (at least for another magical Christmas!)

Kind Regards,

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is the second time my boyfriend and I have stayed at the magnificent Sparkling Hill Resort. Both times we had an amazing stay.

The building is absolutely stunning! And the trails around the hotel are a great treat.

The staff are courteous and accommodating, not to mention quick to sort out any problem. Our last stay was December 29, 2013 and the beautiful lady helping with Check-Ins/Check-Outs (who appeared to be the manager running the show) did an amazing job. She ran around the place, multi-tasking in stiletto heels, all the while still stopping to ask each guest how they enjoyed their stay. She was superb! I regret not remembering her name for this review.

The beds are one of my favorite parts of the room. The pillows, duvet and mattress are EXTREMELY comfortable and make for an amazing sleep. Not to mention the diamond shaped bath and breath-taking lake view added to the romance of the room.

*Note: We noticed some water damage on the ceiling of our room on the third floor (339) that should probably be looked at. Due to the resort being so new, you wouldn't expect to see that kind of damage already.*

The spa is our favorite part. We took advantage of all the steam rooms, saunas, Kniepp Therapy, pools, and hot tub. The tea room was a nice treat to add to the theme of our trip: Relaxation. My favorite steam room was the Lavender room at 30 degrees. It left my body feeling light, relaxed, and open.

Even the staff throughout the resort (such as house keeping) were extremely friendly.

It was great that breakfast was included in our stay, however I thought the breakfast could use a bit of revamping. Both times there was nothing outstanding about the breakfast. The breakfast was not terrible by any means, but as breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day, I have high standards and was a bit disappointed.

We had dinner at the PeakFine restaurant during both our stays here. The dinner was fantastic and our servers both times were great. My boyfriend had the Braised Bison and it was superb. I had the Duck Breasts, which were good, but not my favorite.

All in all we had a great time and left feeling completely relaxed. We will definitely be back next year and are looking forward to it! Thank-you Sparkling Hill for our great date night!

Room Tip: Lake View Room is a must!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Amanda,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your review of your recent stay. I am so delighted to hear that you and your boyfriend had another amazing stay with us. It is wonderful that you were able to explore some of the trails that surround the hotel, there are over 12 km!

I am also so pleased to hear that you found the staff to be courteous and accommodating, we are very fortunate to have such dedicated team members. Our wonderful Front Office Manager Elaina, would be the one you saw running around in stiletto heels, we are very grateful for her and her commitment to every guest.

The KurSpa truly is the heart of the hotel and I am so delighted that it is your favorite part as well. I am happy to hear that you were also able to enjoy the PeakFine Restaurant both nights and that it was fantastic!

I am sorry that you were a bit disappointed with breakfast, most guests find it to be a very good selection. We now have additional options available to be ordered for an additional fee. Thank you for advising us of your observation of the water damage on the ceiling in your room, we immediately sent our maintenance team to investigate.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and we greatly look forward to welcoming you back for another great date night!

Lake Country, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Sparkling Hills one night from December 22nd to the 23rd. Sparkling Hills is a very nice place, the rooms are great the view is amazing. The saunas could be hotter but the steam rooms are a great temperature. The issue we faced at Sparkling Hills was the service, it is lacking to say the least. We had to wait 2 hours to get a room even though about 20 people had checked in with in that time. Magically our room was the only one in the half booked hotel to be dirty, we had a hard time believing this. We realize that the garenteed check in is at 4pm but how is it that from 11am to 4pm one room couldn't be serviced? At 5:30 there was a complimentary drink service where you could get wine and coffee, or we were told we could; we arrived at 5:40 and didn't get helped by a server until 6 and what she told us was: "We are full right now, you can stand there and wait though." We just left and went back up to the room. We felt that we were being disrespected just because we are younger (19) then the average person at Sparkling Hills.

The only service we thought was acceptable was the dinner service, Thomas is a great waiter, he was at our table the perfect amount to fill our water and check on us, very impressed with him. The food however is overpriced and at par with a lower star restaurant. Just because there are high prices and small portions doesn't necessarily mean it is fine dining.

All in all, you will pay way to much for average service and food.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have the view of the Okanagan Lake and rooms on the east side have a view of...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Justin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you found Sparkling Hill to be a nice place with great rooms and an amazing view. I am glad that you were also able to enjoy all of the complimentary amenities such as the steams and saunas (the hottest one is 90C) and hopefully the 3 pools, the Kneipp waterway, the FunFit center and the Tea & Serenity Relaxation rooms.

It is wonderful that you were also able to enjoy our PeakFine Restaurant and found Thomas, your server, to be great. I will pass this feedback onto him and I am sure he will be thrilled that you mentioned him by name.

I am disappointed to hear of the service that you encountered in our Barrique & Java. I am sorry to hear that you were unable to partake in the complimentary welcome reception due to all seats being taken. I apologize that the server did not respond in a more appropriate manner and explain to you that unfortunately all of the seats are currently filled but that you are encouraged to please wait and enjoy some wine while you do. It is our policy to treat all of our guests equally and fairly. I apologize that you felt disrespected due to your age, this was most certainly not our intention.

Thank you again for your feedback and I wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Best Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Christmas at Sparkling Hill was an absolute dream. Such a beautiful hotel, from breathtaking views, delicious food and unbelievably accommodating staff, it was an unforgettable experience I would highly recommend.

1 Thank AnnieDeir
Dear Annie,

Thank you very much for your review. I am so pleased that you found Christmas to be an absolute dream! Thank you for mentioning how delicious the food was and how unbelievably accommodating all of the staff were, we truly appreciate this and are very fortunate to have such dedicated team members.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon for another unforgettable experience.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am not quite sure why anyone would have anything negative to say about Sparkling Hill and the times that Spas close..... Regardless the Spas are clean for that reason for the next day which I find more important!!! My family and I come here every year for Christmas holidays and have always been treated royalty!!! Sparkling Hill is a magical place and not only would I give it a 5 it's a top 10!!! Christopher Saunders

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Christopher,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We greatly enjoy spending such a special holiday with you and your family every year! Wow, thank you for stating that we are a top 10, what an amazing compliment. We also find cleanliness and sanitation to be extremely important so we thoroughly clean the facilities during the closed times, I am glad you also appreciate this.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to next Christmas!

Kind Regards,

Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have been here more then a handful of times ever since it first opened in 2010, and I've never been disappointed, for example half my family is vegatarian, gluten free, and lactose intolerante, they were incredibly accammadating and fulfilled there every needs for breakfast and dinner. The spas and incredible and never get old always feels a different experience every time. The staff is so beautiful and kind, room service was extremely fast and never let us down.

Dear Nicky,

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback regarding your most recent visit and for continuously supporting us since 2010. It is greatly appreciated! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoy your stay with us every time and have never disappointed you, this is what we strive for with each guest. We are very fortunate to have such dedicated and passionate employees that are truly committed to making every guests stay special!

Thank you so much again and we greatly look forward to your return.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Vernon
Prestige Hotel Vernon
#6 of 20 in Vernon
Vernon Lodge and Conference Centre
The Castle at Swan Lake

Been to Sparkling Hill Resort? Share your experiences!